Those power pullers look badass, but I guess it affects the performance negatively? Or didn't you RC it?

No my boys want to ride with this one by hand and no RC (saves me some damaged gears )

I mean the suspension, if you don't have the Unimog ball joints.

I do have the ball joints from a different model. With the normal spring setup the powerwheel do not fit.

bought the instructions yesterday and got going. very happy with the download the instructions are top class :thumbup:

What can i say...Thank you guys!

i will give you a hint of what will be the next MOC: a C-Model of set 42008.

It's all in my mind but obviously I'm going to create it after doing the building istructions of 8258 Tow Truck :)

Edited by djshiver

Can't be much worse than the A model of 42008 :laugh: Just kidding, I'm curious to see what you come up with!

I'm sorry, but I think that happen just this ;)

Little survey (I'm curious :) ). For the future...From which "set" of these you would prefer a "c" model?

8070 supercar or 8275 front loader?

8070 b model i love! so a c model will great im sure but im more inclined to say that coz 8275 i will not buy much to pricey for me

About the survey...Sorry guys, I was wrong! I meant 8265 Front Loader, not 8275 Bulldozer...:(

However I think that I really have to consider an alternate of 8070 :)

So...8070 It will be! Next week I'm going to begin the next adventurous project!

I have temporarily stopped the C-Model of 42008, because of your boost :) :wink:

I like this alternative model very much, congratulations to the creator! I think LEGO should come out with better alternative models in the future...

Thank you for the info, you are right, 8258 C-model is a beauty monster as well and I consider building it in the future. :)

Although I would likeTLG to bring back more valuable alternative B-models as they did in the past with some of their flagships especially in the studded era (8480, 8880, 8862, 8868) where B-models where totally different but similar complex vehicles than A-models. From studless era 8258 and also new 42030 have good official B-models IMO.

Was considering selling my Unimog, as I am a little disappointed I can't get the RC steering to work well enough, but now I've seen your Jeep, I think I will keep it and make the Jeep instead, maybe I could make my own moc trailer for the Jeep then.

Built my jeep, instructions are very good, not perfect, but I didn't expect them to be, I prefer it to the unimog & i'm sure it could be modded as well. Only issue i have is gears jumping, which i tried to improve by changing to a 4 axle with stop, but it's still doing it, although not in reverse, loooking side on at the gears near the xl motor, you can see the gear jump.

I am considering using the leftover parts to build a hydraulic jack to lift it off the ground.

Edited by johp778

I've now built a trailer (not as sophisticated as others), with a pneumatic pump in (powered from an M motor), which powers 4 cylinders (via an air tank and switch) that can be fixed to the side steps of the jeep, to lift it off the ground and when lowered, they are removed and stored in the trailer. I've kept the hitch very simple, but need to add a jockey wheel to the trailer and I plan to add another switch and air point to the trailer, so the pneumatic pump can be used to power other pneumatics. Pictures coming soon. For now I think I will stick with the jeep and try to continue to mod and maybe even build a caravan for it.