Very happy to see part 44292 in the new brick set. 4404-1 and some of the scale RACERS sets will benefit from this, at the very least.

Looks like I have some wheelset-related updating to do!

Thanks for the decor bbqqq! Do I see write that only the lions' faces are there from chima?

I see the S11 gas cylinder's "flammable" symbol there. Is the 1x1 round brick decor-able?

Great that they eventually added the scrollbars, quite useful now, a big relief to some degree.

Still wait for more Bionicle parts, especially because right now Tahu's mask is pretty obsolete - there's no suitable head for him!

Thanks for the decor bbqqq! Do I see write that only the lions' faces are there from chima?

I see the S11 gas cylinder's "flammable" symbol there. Is the 1x1 round brick decor-able?

You are welcome.

LXF: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nachapon/94UCSSSD/57_ldd_map_1_338.lxf

lego ldd decor-able 338 bricks 1st mapping surfaces brick ver 1264.

This template may not complete due to LDD-Manager not support LDD 4.3.8 yet.

11235496524_db1875160d_b.jpg

lego ldd decor-able 338 bricks 1st mapping surfaces brick ver 1264 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

You are welcome.

LXF: http://www.brickshel...d_map_1_338.lxf

lego ldd decor-able 338 bricks 1st mapping surfaces brick ver 1264.

This template may not complete due to LDD-Manager not support LDD 4.3.8 yet.

lego ldd decor-able 338 bricks 1st mapping surfaces brick ver 1264 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

If I see right, there are many there which appeared so far as well. At least I don't see the difference for many parts.

We still don't have the L and servo motors, and I still see multiple bugs that have been around for a long time. This update was huge, but it didn't really do much.

...and I still see multiple bugs that have been around for a long time.

Now you got me curious (as being the bug collector around here :grin:)

Which are those?

Part 43121 JET ENINE 4X5X3 won't let a stud attach to the Technic pinhole on the inside (1x1 round plates, 1x1 cilinders, 4274 3/4 Technic pin etc.)

*sigh*

Was so happy to see some of the improvements and additional bricks that came with this update, only to find that for some inexplicable reason someone in the meantime has decided to tinker with the geometry of the 50746 1x1 cheese wedge....

Two points:

1) If geometry on the real brick has changed, why not put in a separate instance?

2) Surely there were more useful things to spend the time updating?

50746 in its original form was an incredibly helpful little brick; now really its only use is as a cheese wedge. :(

*sigh*

Was so happy to see some of the improvements and additional bricks that came with this update, only to find that for some inexplicable reason someone in the meantime has decided to tinker with the geometry of the 50746 1x1 cheese wedge....

Two points:

1) If geometry on the real brick has changed, why not put in a separate instance?

2) Surely there were more useful things to spend the time updating?

50746 in its original form was an incredibly helpful little brick; now really its only use is as a cheese wedge. :(

I'm not really sure I follow your comment. The cheese slope now looks like it's supposed to do (and has always done - with rounded edges). What's the problem? :look:

Personally I think it's great that it's been updated so LDD better reflects how a MOC will look in real plastic.

You're kidding me, you mean to tell me the non-bevelled version never existed?

Well if that's so, that'll teach me for abandoning Lego all those years :grin:

@Blip

But, exactly, where is the problem? Could you make a concrete example of what you was able to do before and that you can't do now?

Or it is only a matter of appearance?

@Calabar

It's appearance, in so far as that this brick was perfect for creating a smooth angled edge by using several in a row, and has been useful in several MOCs as a "gap filler" for closing otherwise jarring (and aestehtically unpleasing) gaps between angled brick edges. There are numerous other instances where its change in appearance have subtly but noticeably altered details on MOCs.

If 50746 really was rounded on top all along, I'll just have to live with it, although it's certainly put me off revisiting any MOCs from 4.3.6 that use it extensively for the time being... Luckily I've still got 4.3.6 installed too, so I may consider just sticking with that! :tongue:

You're kidding me, you mean to tell me the non-bevelled version never existed?

Yepp, the non-beveled version never existed. :classic: (at least not to my knowledge...)

Or put in another way - it has always looked the same.

Just pick one up and you'll see it has rounded corners (same rounding as the 1x2 slope).

Now, if the corners in LDD are too rounded compared to a physical brick, then that is something that could be adjusted, but IMHO it's better to have them rounded, then 100% sharp corners like before, because those made the MOC in LDD look different (too precise/good) compared to real life.

post-4755-0-49782600-1386501978_thumb.jpg

Not too many new (or legacy) bricks added, but at least two that I've sure missed and for which I'm thankful that they've been added:

- 2866 Control Switch (now train tracks can be made complete!)

- 2907 Gyro Ball (one that was still missing in the ongoing project of rebuilding Super Car set 8880)

And now? Going through he cumbersome task of checking all my set entries ..........

Edited by Sjuip

Could anyone please update the .lxf with all decorated blocks? I really crave for all the new minifig prints, yet, i have no idea how to add them to LDD.... Pretty please? :excited:

My Collectible Minifigures file has been updated with all new decorations for series 9, 10, and 11! The update also made one correction possible: the Alien Villainess's faceplate can now receive decorations, and the decoration itself has been updated to map correctly to the piece, so it could be added.

Remaining errors:

• The decoration for the hat of the Series 4 Street Skater is not available.
  • The decorations for the legs assembly of the Series 5 Zookeeper are not available.
  • The reverse (sleeping) exp<b></b>ression for the head of the Series 6 Sleepyhead is not available.
  • The decoration for the dress slope of the Series 6 Lady Liberty is not available.
  • The right side decoration for the legs assembly of the Series 8 actor is not available.
  • The pointed collar for the Series 8 Alien Villainess is not available.
  • The decoration for the face of the Series 9 Chicken Suit Guy is not available.
  • The eye decoration for the headgear of the Series 9 Chicken Suit Guy is not available.
  • The book from the Series 10 Librarian does not have any decoration surfaces mapped, although the decoration itself is available.
  • The Seagull from the Series 10 Sea Captain does not have any decoration surfaces, and its decorations are not available.
  • The back and arm decorations from the torso assembly of the Series 11 Barbarian are not available.
  • The back and arm decorations from the torso assembly of the Series 11 Scarecrow are not available.
  • The decoration from the skirt of the Series 11 Pretzel Girl is not aligned correctly with the piece.
  • The arm decorations from the torso assembly of the Series 11 Evil Mech are not available.
  • The Blacktron insignia decoration from the armor of the Evil Mech does not fit correctly on any of the part's three decoration surfaces, meaning either a fourth decoration surface needs to be added or one of the existing three is not mapped correctly. The decoration is, however, available.
  • The bone cannot attach correctly to the hair of the Series 11 Island Warrior.
  • The arm decorations from the torso assembly of the Series 11 Gingerbread Man are not available.
  • The decoration for the mug of the Series 11 Gingerbread Man is not available.
  • The decorations from the teddy bear from the Series 11 Holiday Elf are not available.
  • The back decoration from the torso assembly of the Series 11 Welder is not available.
  • The chest decoration for the cat from the Series 11 Grandma is not available.

All parts where a decoration or decoration surface is missing have been colored 294 Phosph. Green to differentiate them from correctly-decorated parts.

All parts and surfaces that should be colored with silver ink or lacquer have been colored 298 Cool Silver, Drum Lacq.

All parts and surfaces that should be colored with gold ink or lacquer have been colored 310 Metalized Gold.

All parts and surfaces that should be colored with copper ink or lacquer have been colored 139 Copper.

Edited by Aanchir

That's cool, but what about other decorations? For example Castle ones?

I'll have an LXF with the other new decorations soon enough. I just thought I'd make the CMFs my priority this time around. I've already started on some of the new decorated elements for themes like City and Ninjago.

Hey at least this time they didn't move everything around.....while I love the updates I hate when they start moving pieces from one category to another. I just start to get it down when everything get's shuffled....I'd also like a set of step by step instructions on how to access the new decorations if that's possible....in the meantime I'd liek to thank Aanchir for all the hard work....much appreciated

Edited by ThorsHammer9999

Here's my file of new decorations for LDD 4.3.8 (not including CMF decorations). I will update my complete decorations file soon as well.

Errors:

• Decoration 601786 (from the torso of the Garmadon's Warrior minifigure) does not have the correct transparency. All the white space except the glimmer in the eyes and the teeth should be transparent. Also, there are some odd horizontal grid lines visible across the entire decoration when you zoom in on the piece.
  • Decorations 99319 and 99320 (from the torso of the Zane ZX minifigure) do not have the correct transparency. All the white space should be transparent.
  • Decorations 602737 and 602738 (from the legs of the Cragger and Crawley minifigures) do not have the correct transparency. All the white space should be transparent.
  • Part 93071 (the head of the golden dragon) has no decoration surfaces mapped. This makes decorations 603647, 603648, and 602208 impossible to apply.

EDIT: I missed a few decorations when I was first posting this. If your version does not include a dress slope (3678), go ahead and download it again to get the latest version.

Edited by Aanchir