DrJB

Technic Wanted List ... (Yours)

Just want to have a feel as to which sets are really sought after ... I do have quite a few (some iconic), but still missing some really good sets:

1. 8275 - Technic Dozer

2. 8450 - The Mission

3. 8258 - Tow Truck

4. 5771 - Model Team Truck

5. 7905 - City Crane

6. 9701 - Control Center 1

7. 8880 - Super Car

Psst Papa Noel ... If you're reading this, take a hint ...

Edited by DrJB

The last ones I want are the toughest to get at a decent price

8480 space shuttle

8455 back hoe

8466 off roader

8880 super car

I have some paypal funds and bricklink is calling...

LOL

Interesting, the 8454 Fire Truck is a set that is rarely discussed ... Gotta love the Trans-Bluish air dampers.

As for the space shuttle 8480, I've seen several sets over the last few days in the $150 range on eBay.

Edited by DrJB

My wanted list;

8258 Crane Truck

8285 Tow Truck

8297 Off Roader

8081 Extreme Cruiser

8860 Car Chasis

How do you even come up with all these topics?! :wacko:

I really don't want any sets, but there are some parts that would make me very happy:

-4 cylinder brackets

-4 Power Puller wheels/tyres

-4 wheels/tyres from the Silver Champignon/Williams/Ferrari F1 cars

EDIT:

I lied, I want the new cargoplane for white parts!

Edited by D3K

There is a set of 4x Power Puller tires on eBay for $190 ... rather pricey.

Edited by DrJB

December is definitely not a good time to be shopping for Lego on ebay, auctions always seem overpriced…..then you have the couple of days between Christmas and New Year where almost nothing new gets listed.

It's tough, I'm on the look out for 8094 Control Centre 1

Since I don't buy LEGO for the sole purpose of collecting and putting it on shelves, the only studded set I would like is Control Center II. I just want that for all the flex cables.

The only other sets I would like are the pneumatic backhoe and the bulldozer from a few years ago.

Bulldozer and that cranetruck which i never seem to be able to get my hands on for a reasonable price/shipping to Norway

-4 cylinder brackets

buy an 8275 dozer

buy a 8466 offroader

buy a 8461...

quite good and helpful recommendations... ;-)

8466 is with some MODs a very good model and the 8275 is a very good parts repository - not only for the brackets....

Sets that I've missed:

8275 (Bulldozer)

8292 (Cherry Picker)

8263 (Snow Groomer)

8248 (Forklift)

8248 is mostly a nostalgia thing I think, it's one of the first Technic sets I remember owning :sweet:

Of sets that are out now or coming up, the only ones I really want are 42008 and the new Snowmobile... it's not that any of the other upcoming sets are particularly bad, just that they're all eclipsed by sets in other themes I want (like the Maersk Triple E and the Parisian Restaurant) which are gonna cost rather a lot. The Cargo Plane is pretty good but I simply have no room to display it at all...

Of course there's a whole load of other sets from all themes across the years that I want but if I had to narrow it down :laugh:

How do you even come up with all these topics?! :wacko:

I really don't want any sets, but there are some parts that would make me very happy:

-4 cylinder brackets

EDIT:

I lied, I want the new cargoplane for white parts!

I guess you mean Silver "Champion", not "Champignon" :D

buy an 8275 dozer

buy a 8466 offroader

buy a 8461...

quite good and helpful recommendations... ;-)

8466 is with some MODs a very good model and the 8275 is a very good parts repository - not only for the brackets....

If I do find either of those sets at a very low price, I might consider it, but I really don't need more beams, pins, axles, gears etc etc, as I only have one or two MOCs in the works at any given time,,

I guess you mean Silver "Champion", not "Champignon" :D

I was wondering how long it would be before someone noticed :wink:

I still need a lot of sets and i want them all :laugh: , but the ones i want the most are the Expert Builder sets

858 and 8858 motorset

If I do find either of those sets at a very low price, I might consider it, but I really don't need more beams, pins, axles, gears etc etc, as I only have one or two MOCs in the works at any given time,,

just for the 8275 dozer: only its PF parts are worth the prize... and who doesn't need some more receivers, controllers, motors, especially the quite expensive XL-motors ;-)

a dozer 8275 for about 90 to 110€ is therefore very recommendable just for its PF and the cylinder brackets - regardless if someone likes or dislikes the built model

Those are indeed overcomable (is that a word in English?) prizes, and I wouldn't mind paying 90-110 Euros for either of the sets I mentioned, but whenever these sets come up for sale in Norway, they are usually priced more than twice that! :wacko:

Right now there is both an 8275 and an 8466 for sale, priced at 240 and 180 Euros respectively.

However, I have been lucky before, so I am keeping my eyes open :wink:

If i could get a Dozer for €90-110 that would be awesome. Sadly that ain't the case in this country :(

I am leaning towards some farm equipment - 8063 and the 8274, either would be perfect as starting points for a MOC based on a device we are actually going to build for strawberry farming!