CopMike

EB Xmas Raffle 2013

Fantastic! Allons-y! Geronimo! What would a Christmas tree be without a TARDIS ornament

This is awesome!

Here we go! This is my entry capable to your nostalgic needs! :grin:

Seems quite large to hang on a tree.

Seems quite large to hang on a tree.

I actually built it IRL (But it wasn't as good as the LDD one) But it was the exact same piece count and it fit on my personal tree with ease! :classic:

I actually built it IRL (But it wasn't as good as the LDD one) But it was the exact same piece count and it fit on my personal tree with ease! :classic:

Ah, okay. I'd have thought it'd be too heavy to hang on a tree. Usually a Christmas tree branch won't support much weight at all.

I've already got an entry, not sure if I should post it yet. Just to clarify, the entries are not judged in any way right?

I'm assuming this won't break the one-image rule as it's saved as one image and should be small enough.

10793181724_89b790ed68_z.jpg

Mine's pretty simple. Got Yazneg the other day, so thought I'd celebrate by making a Christmas ornament with him. :classic:

wait, how did you attach that in a tree?

ornament_2013_b.jpgWhy not? The moon can be used as the ornament itself. The only issue would be that the trail doesn't fall off in reality or that the shuttle end makes it too heavy and flip the ornament side way. If I get the parts to make this, I'd have to experiment on stability and getting optimal center of gravity. 265 pieces total, about 175g (6 and 1/8 oz), all legal color and available at reasonable price, no hack, mod or glue needed. This ornament should be ok on real tree if I use the thicker branch and not near the tip.(edit: slight revision, 6g less and shuttle a bit more in scale) Edited by Lego Otaku

Well I quickly made up an entry, I know there's no rush but I wanted to get it done :classic: I also know mine is pretty rubbish but I wanted to build it with bricks I had already and not have to order any, a nice simple candy cane to hang on a branch :sweet:

10797376673_d9898b3988_n.jpg

Hope you all like it and seasons greetings to all!!!

Why not? The moon can be used as the ornament itself. The only issue would be that the trail doesn't fall off in reality or that the shuttle end makes it too heavy and flip the ornament side way. If I get the parts to make this, I'd have to experiment on stability and getting optimal center of gravity. 265 pieces total, about 175g (6 and 1/8 oz), all legal color and available at reasonable price, no hack, mod or glue needed. This ornament should be ok on real tree if I use the thicker branch and not near the tip.(edit: slight revision, 6g less and shuttle a bit more in scale)

love this!

how are the shuttle and moon connected?

cheers stanley

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

People keep mentioning minifigs included. Unless I need my eyes checked, I don't see it anywhere in the rules that minifigures need to be present. It does say TWO official pieces, not two minifigures. Can someone show me the two minifigure rule? Thanks

So far some great entries. I need to work on mine soon. I didn't win last year, but maybe I will have better luck this year!

My Christmas Tree Decoration ...

The Technic Sledge

IMG_1960.jpg

It's even hung using a 'winch and hook' so you can easily unhook it from the tree and let your Technic-man go and have some fun on it !

Please Note: No Technic pieces were harmed in the making of this decoration :)

Well, since I can enter this without having to compete for votes, maybe I have a shot...

EmmaChristmas004_zpsce2c9c3c.jpg

Here's Emma, waiting by the fireplace with gifts in hand! Hopefully a few more Friends entries will appear so Emma isn't alone. :) (Obviously, the hook or string would go through the peg hole at the top to hang it from the tree.)

Edited by ResIpsaLoquitur

Can someone show me the two minifigure rule? Thanks

One can not show rule when there is non - old chinese saying chinese.png.

People who can´t read a simple set of rules should try to live by that!

There´s nothing in there either that prohibits a lord of the rings themed decoration or one than involves marsupials smoking crap pipes.

Capisce :devil: ?

Cool. I just got creative and made this christmas snowball. It's only 26 pieces, so it should be light enough to hang in an actual tree.

Snowball.png

Over complicated things a bit at the start, was going to have Santa Yoda (a raffle winning from the last time we had an Xmas raffle, won on the 24th and got some bonus figs. Hence why I really wanted to fit them into my entry, but alas) sledding down a snow slope but it got a bit huge and ridiculous. So I scaled down to a warm little house

10806716754_94b1253f51_o.png

The base is a round black construct created with some slopes. And yes I put a little light in there to add a bit of life to it. (There's this really cool ornament we have that is one of those glass blown ones, it's a large round ornament with a clear section that you can see through the ornament to the other side where there is a little painted winter house. I position this ornament in front of one of the lights on my tree at christmas and it lights up the house windows. Gave me a bit of inspiration to work a light into here.)

I actually might turn this into a proper ornament if I make a few Bricklink purchases for ore white slops to carry around the entire base on top of the black sections as shown on the front, however the front is the segment where the SNOT studs are protruding, so the side might take a bit of reworking

(And trust me the other side of this is a bit chaotic to get the light there...this was the best angle :grin:

VBBN

So here it is! merry Christmas from Santalf the Grey and his magic elves!

post-102467-0-14227300-1384379955_thumb.jpg

Here is the famous Santalf the grey riding his sleigh led by the legendary sleigh puller: Shadowfax the white nosed horse. The back of his cart is full of presents to deliver to all of the children in middle-earth. He has one of his magic elves with the presents who has a golden elven dagger that was made at the workshop. The cart is mainly festive colours: maroon, dark green, brown and gold. It has a golden string to attach onto the tree, and Santalf is holding his whip and his famous item, Glamdring.

Sorry for bad cropping and render, I used paint to clear the backround so there is still a but left, I hope that you don't mind and that you are able to still view it

I loosely based this model off the look of gandalf's cart, I went for a similar design so it looked like it had been painted, but it has completely different pieces and a different build.

Edited by LordLEGOtube

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Lego-0taku/ldd/ornament_contest.lxf someone asked about how I connected the shuttle to the orb. I haven't done any tinkering since I made the last revised version for the picture so I still can't tell if it'd hold up or not. I couldn't place a 1x2 technic brick on the back because there's a 1/2mm variance that LDD doesn't like when in reality it'd fit just fine.