Freekysch

Which Technic set do you plan on buying ?

Where are you from?

The local toystore here has one (1) 8258 left for 195 euros!

It's in Oskarshamn Sweden.

I picked up mine in about 1 hour ago! :)

That is a very nice price! I live in Norway :)

Probably nothing, just a few odds and ends from Bricklink - but the upcoming non-technic "Mixels" line is supposed to have some new mini towball parts that could be very good for suspensions. Then again, the full details on the 2014 releases aren't out yet...

Having won ebay auctions on the 8461 Williams Racer and Silver Champion, I have my eye on finding the 8466 4x4 Off Roader for a reasonable price. I suppose patience is the name of the game.

Would buy so much more on ebay if it wasn't for the idiots that don't send to anywhere other than America or they have an insane shipping cost :(

Have already all technic sets which are interesting... all 2013 are more or less boring (IMO) so nothing to buy...

In the next future i will only collect some missing parts for that MOCs i'm burning to build:

- Grazies Tow Truck

- Sheepos latest Ford Mustang

- Juergens Zorex 220 Excavator

maybe 2014 will be a better and more interesting year for official sets than 2013 (at least that plane looks promising)...

First of all, i am sorry if such a topic exists, and if so, plecase close this one.

I was wondering what set do you intend of buying in the near future, or perhaps what would you like to buy. For me, it is set 8285 Tow Truck, i hope i will get it by the end of this month so i can complete my truck collection made by UW (9397 and 8258 i already have).

Anything with studs. So far I got 'bout 40 sets :classic:

Having won ebay auctions on the 8461 Williams Racer and Silver Champion, I have my eye on finding the 8466 4x4 Off Roader for a reasonable price. I suppose patience is the name of the game.

I managed to snatch all three off Marktplaats (Dutch eBay) for very low prices :-) 8448 too.

Hey!

I haven't bought any Lego in 20 years or so, so this week I got crazy and bought,

8110 Unimog

8043 Excavator

8258 Crane Truck

And then I bought pieces and parts from EBay for about 1k dollars.

So I have a little bit of work in front of me :)

I'll get the 42009 as well, but I have enough for now! :)

Seems you've done your homework ... for those are amongst the best sets in recent years. Happy Building!

Thinking about the new yellow crane but can't justify it as it has only one motor ... and I already have its predecessor (8421). Might end up opening my 41999 at last as it's been sitting for a while.

Edited by DrJB

Would buy so much more on ebay if it wasn't for the idiots that don't send to anywhere other than America or they have an insane shipping cost :(

There are some good deals on ebay.de - and shipping would be ~20 Euro

I found a very decent set on bricklink for a technic truck ... was only $120 .. but shipping (from Canada to US) was $60!!! Seems shipping rates are meant to 'discourage' global trade.

I usually buy a set each year

This year I would like to give me a 42009 for my birthday

What do you think of 154 € for a 42009? It 's time to include it in my collection

Edited by dr.gazza

Going to america this december so my bags are going to be full of Legos when i come back. Need to verify the address on paypal so that i can ebay stuff there :P

I will probably buy large white technic plane next. I saw 1h sets and they are no good and I really hope that 2h will be better.

@Skriblez,

the delivery costs to Norway are horrible, the last time i had one customer on eBay he must pay 30€ with DHL international!!!

He was not happy about that, but what should i do........ nothing.

I don´t know why it is so expensive but Norway is one of the most expensive countrys to deliver.

What ever, so i deliver only to countrys where the costs are in a range of maximum 15€ for 5 kg.

I think no one want to pay 30€..........

But look for yourself Norway is Zone 2:

http://www.dhl.de/de...nden/paket.html

FYI Sweden is the half price!!!

Edited by Ralf

Norwegian post system sucks and is ridiculously expensive. Have bought a few items from a german ebayer and he charges € 6.5 per shipment which ain't to bad.

I bought 42009 through S@H. It was sent from Denmark, through a warehouse in Belgium, and except the price from S@H, I got a 100 dollar bill from DHL :angry: if I knew that DHL would charge me 1/3 of the price for the set, I would never buy it from S@H.

I didn't see any option to choose transport company, and I didn't expect to be charged extra, at least not that much. No way I'll go that way again.

As for the topic of the thread - I got back into Lego Technic this year, after 10 years. I have around 8 sets of variable size, a number of parts from BrickLink and some MOCs and MODs.

I do consider a few sets, but I haven't decided yet if I will buy more sets. I might rather use parts I already have and BrickLink what I'm missing.

Edited by Error404

What sets would I like to buy? The 8880 Super Car, 8439 Front End Loader and 8458 Silver Champion in that order (the last to combine with an in hand 8466 4x4 Off-Roader to build Nathanael's GT Car and Supercar). I may be better off raiding BrickLink and the parts collection rather than buying the last two sets, I'll have to check.

I will probably buy large white technic plane next. I saw 1h sets and they are no good and I really hope that 2h will be better.

Is the skip truck and the construction crew not good sets?

I just bought the new crane,I hope to get the green truck from Santa.

1380728_435343909911211_5353361_n.jpg

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

What sets would I like to buy? The 8880 Super Car, 8439 Front End Loader and 8458 Silver Champion in that order (the last to combine with an in hand 8466 4x4 Off-Roader to build Nathanael's GT Car and Supercar). I may be better off raiding BrickLink and the parts collection rather than buying the last two sets, I'll have to check.

Don't forget about 8461, it's a beauty.

Ricky_Bricks's list is exactly the same as mine. I have always wanted all of those sets, those are the pinnacle of Technic.