AlmightyArjen

I made 6 trains crash into each other...

While building/soldering/programming on my latest train automation project some trains crahsed into each other. So I came up with the idea to make 6 train frontal crash. Doing so, I needed to isolate some parts of the crossing, otherwise the trains cannot drive into each other. See below the result ;)

This is... Awesome, when I saw the title I was thinking; is this what I think it is?

And it is, exactly what I was thinking (I didn't expect it :laugh: ).

I love the footage of the trains progressing towards the crashsite.

Edited by Sebeus I

And that's the beauty of Lego: now it's just a matter of snapping a few bricks back together and all the trains are as good as new! :grin:

I guess this is after all what LEGO is about, you can just rebuild them again and again.

How hard would they actually have to hit each other to really break anything?

So interesting and encapsulating to watch over again!

How hard would they actually have to hit each other to really break anything?

One could scratch the bricks, but damage them in a way that they're not usable anymore: very difficult I guess. Especially with some trains which have relatively low speeds. Maybe at 50km/h or something!

Since the track was quite long (the distance was needed for the heavy horizon express (with two motors) to get up to speed) I had to put 12V on the rails. When I put the power on, the result was a lot of spinning wheels before the trains started moving :laugh:

Haha that was hilarious! I love the two different angles and in slow mo!! Awesome. And well done to the minifig for surviving that!

Hehe, happy building :laugh:

Cool vid Arjen, but i would never do the same with my trains... ..too scared they would get damaged...!!

Fun to watch, I like the fact the horizon express acted as a TGV train would by staying more or less straight. And luckily this is lego, the damage is easily fixable

I guess it just goes to show that the HE is superior to lego's first attempt at the TGV (7745) (grin). I love it, and as simple as it looks, it is painfully clear that it was non-trivial to pull off. Very cool.

Though through a dozen or so nasty wrecks at shows, I have managed to break one or two parts (the pins on bogie plates seem to hate 3 ft drops).