XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

20 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

It's going to be from S@H in December. I've jus managed to get one on a trade - it's a great minifigure. 

Thank you, knew I'd heard something. It does look like a brilliant figure. 

12 hours ago, Ed9217 said:

Thank you, knew I'd heard something. It does look like a brilliant figure. 

Also got A-wing polybag yesterday. Employee did not have any clue so I had show the pic of polybag and asked to check behind counter which they usually put promotion polybags. Got the AT-ST and U-wing (with Walmart price match). There was $25 free gift card deal when you purchasing over $100. 

I usually buy one or two extra minifigure polybags but she did not allow me to buy extra.

probably I will stop by the store another day to buy one more. It depends on person at customer service. Some people allow to buy without purchasing but some people is very strict about their policies.

Do we expect the Sandcrawler to be gone this year? I'd earmarked this as my May 4th buy next year as I've got a £50 voucher and £25 in VIP points.

If I'd have known about the impending retirement I would have picked it up during Rogue Friday rather than Slave I.  

1 hour ago, Super Hans said:

Do we expect the Sandcrawler to be gone this year? I'd earmarked this as my May 4th buy next year as I've got a £50 voucher and £25 in VIP points.

If I'd have known about the impending retirement I would have picked it up during Rogue Friday rather than Slave I.  

I would imagine so, yes. It's labeled "Retiring Soon" on the UK S@H page.

The only UCS set I've seen being reduced in price by UK S@H prior to retirement was the UCS B-Wing - I'd be surprised if either of the Sandcrawler or Ewok sets where reduced but...

I have a bit of a vague memory that the UCS Jedi Starfighter and the UCS Super Star Destroyer also got reduced when they were retired.  The Jedi Starfighter didn't seem to be a very popular model so I guess they were just trying to clear stock.  It can happen, but I wouldn't count on it.  `You could try waiting for the Black Friday deals, though last year it was just 5% off in the UK :sceptic:.

EV has already been discounted on amazon US recently. With Lego removing the ban on sales on exclusives I think it's an even bet that you'll see EV or SC discounted before they're gone. I fully expect to pick up AOH at at least a 50% discount before it retires. 

In the U.S. at least, the UCS TIE, Sandcrawler, and Ewok Village have been discounted 12% at Amazon, Target, etc. since the beginning of October. If you're patient and persistent, you can find each of these for ~$50 under list price on eBay as well.

SC marked down 21% right now on Amazon. If you don't already have it, good time to buy.

On 11/1/2016 at 0:25 AM, jhaelego said:

I believe the UCS Falcon was discounted when it was retired as well. By like 50% :/. 

My jaw just dropped. What was I doing with my life that time. :-o

What's everyone's opinion of the Flash Speeder?  I can't ever decide if I want to get it or not.  Is it worth buying, or is it an easy one to skip?

On 10/31/2016 at 1:10 PM, KevinMD said:

SC marked down 21% right now on Amazon. If you don't already have it, good time to buy.

For $236, that's Christmas for me right there.

2 hours ago, JPN366 said:

What's everyone's opinion of the Flash Speeder?  I can't ever decide if I want to get it or not.  Is it worth buying, or is it an easy one to skip?

It has great minifigs, the speeder is a fine build too. If you're not into EP I it's easy to skip and I wouldn't buy it.

Can anyone explain to me what the deal is with the NY I Love Yoda from Times Square? Somehow on Bricklink's sales for the last 6 months, a lot of them sold between $30-$60, and then the other ones are usually in the $150-$300 range. I imagine the difference is the figure being with its bag and paper insert (which I personally couldn't care less about), but the main issue I can think of is, if figures in new condition sell for considerably less without the original bag, is it doubtful that they are original? Or did Lego produce other Yodas that they didn't place in bags for the Times Square or Toy Fair exclusives? I think I would like to get a figure someday, if I could get one of those lower prices, and the quality was the same.

21 hours ago, JPN366 said:

For $236, that's Christmas for me right there.

I really like the ship. It's sleek and comes with great figures. Plus 4 seats to add in panaka if you have him. 

From what i've seen the flash speeder looks excellent! I personally have no interest in Naboo besides battle droids and AATs so I didnt buy it and can't speak on it as well as the other but for the price point it would seem a great buy!

Edited by Forresto

I have the Flash Speeder and I think it's a really good set. The 2 Naboo guards are excellent, and there's plenty of room to add more guards into the speeder if you have them.

On 11/3/2016 at 11:43 AM, BrickHat said:

Can anyone explain to me what the deal is with the NY I Love Yoda from Times Square? Somehow on Bricklink's sales for the last 6 months, a lot of them sold between $30-$60, and then the other ones are usually in the $150-$300 range. I imagine the difference is the figure being with its bag and paper insert (which I personally couldn't care less about), but the main issue I can think of is, if figures in new condition sell for considerably less without the original bag, is it doubtful that they are original? Or did Lego produce other Yodas that they didn't place in bags for the Times Square or Toy Fair exclusives? I think I would like to get a figure someday, if I could get one of those lower prices, and the quality was the same.

The main issue that you mention is exactly what the problem is. If you look at the print on the torsos of these non-bagged NY Yodas, you can tell that they are not precise. Since the torso is the only unique feature, it wouldn't be hard to put printing on a plain white torso. I saw somewhere a comparison of the two torsos showing the letters aren't lined up and the TM symbol is messed up. Some people may not care, but there has definitely been an influx of these Yodas.

On 11/4/2016 at 11:46 PM, pittpenguin123 said:

You also get captain tarpals the true hero of episode 1

Who else will be there to tell us we need to use the boombas?

Edited by jhaelego

Hi, has anyone ever heard of "LEGO Space Wars"? My wife was recently in Teipe, Taiwan. She said that they call Star Wars space wars. I told her it probably wasn't LEGO then, but a knock off. I've looked into it a bit, and found that it's Saba, not LEGO. Anyone else seen them before? Are they worth it?