XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Didn't the UCS B-wing get a heavy discount at some point?

That's why I say UCS sets "rarely" get discounts, with the UCS B-Wing as an example of a UCS get an heavy discount. I never heard any other UCS sets get heave discount after this.

When the Rogue One sets get released, which sets will get discontinued? The wave that had Kylo Ren's shuttle? Also, will they get discontinued instantly, or at a later date?

Edited by Fuppylodders

The next sets to be retired are the ones marked with the rebels and stormtrooper box art: Tydirium shuttle, droid carrier, Gozanti class cruiser, flash speeder and so on.

Grab that lambda class shuttle whenever possible if you don't already have it.

TRU website has the Rebel Combat Frigate 20% off, so $88. A much better price and a good deal since it's only available there and the LEGO website. They will match the price in store.

Seeing as I've bin given the title mr Christmas. I'm keeping it Christmas related. I'm the proud owner of a millennium falcon that bought in New York 6 months ago since then I've bin hooked.

My girlfriend asked me what I want for Christmas I'm torn between these two. My heart says sandcrawler but my head says tie fighter as it'll look better on display with the falcon!

Any suggestions?

@Lewi85: Get the Sandcrawler, it's more expensive, has more stuff and won't be around as long. That's what I'm wanting for Christmas.

Edited by JPN366

Any idea when the Summer wave Star Wars minifigures will start to go down in price on Bricklink/Ebay? Everything is ridiculously overpriced at the moment... far more than usual. It definitely wasn't this bad last year. :sceptic:

Tarkin is the only one who isnt overpriced at the moment

Edited by Forresto

As many of the summer sets contain "one and done" characters who likely won't ever see another release (Luminara, Vos, Rex) I can't see them dropping anytime soon. Plus, we're headed into another Star Wars movie feeding frenzy where a lot of related products are expensive.

Why does TLG make minifigs like Airen Cracken, Ten Numb, and Yularen who had very minor parts in the OT? Not even having any speaking lines. But then they don't make figs of General Cassio Tagge and Admiral Motti

Probably because Rebel heroes are more interesting for kids to play with than "those 2 guys who sat in a board meeting and then one choked to death"

Why does TLG make minifigs like Airen Cracken, Ten Numb, and Yularen who had very minor parts in the OT? Not even having any speaking lines. But then they don't make figs of General Cassio Tagge and Admiral Motti

Because ever since the success of the Star Wars vintage action figure line in the late '70s - early '80s proved that background characters could be profitable and collectible, Star Wars has always been known to include nearly every character ever on screen in various product lines. This means that background characters can be made and in some cases fully developed (in the EU), but also that B and C list characters can get lost in the shuffle.

Meanwhile multiple PT characters with heaps of dialogue & screen time have never appeared. It's all very lopsided.

I think Lego is strategic. Up until the disney acquisition they would have had to make their star wars product last until at least when their contract was up. As you can probably imagine, this could require them having to be conservative when deciding which figures to make and when. Think about how long Lego has been making star wars sets. 17 years into it and there are still OT sets that are heavily anticipated. If they'd released every figure from all of those movies as quickly as possible, I can't imagine there would be that same interest.

My question is. When do you think OT characters will get the same quality updates like the force awakens guys have i.e. 3d tubes coming from tie pilot helmets, and dual molded rebel pilot helmets.

Edited by jhaelego

Tarkin is the only one who isnt overpriced at the moment

Tarkin is pretty bad here in Australia. Anyone who does appear to be reasonably priced gets a ridiculous $20 shipping fee slapped on top. As if it costs that much to ship a single minifigure. :hmpf_bad:

As many of the summer sets contain "one and done" characters who likely won't ever see another release (Luminara, Vos, Rex) I can't see them dropping anytime soon. Plus, we're headed into another Star Wars movie feeding frenzy where a lot of related products are expensive.

Its not just the "one and done" characters though. Even the new Poe Dameron is going pretty high. So far the only one thats gone down in price is Teedo.

Its not just the "one and done" characters though. Even the new Poe Dameron is going pretty high. So far the only one thats gone down in price is Teedo.

Well that's mostly due to the TFA sets being expensive in the first place and people jumping on the TFA hype. I'm planning on getting the Sequel Trilogy characters, but I haven't bought a single one yet because I'm playing the long game - I know there's going to be year's worth of stuff Lego will make so I'm betting that I can eventually get all the characters for more acceptable prices.

My advice would be to wait. Rey, Poe, Finn, etc will all be in more sets to come. It's just like how I have like 20+ Han Solos - they just end up accumulating.

Well that's mostly due to the TFA sets being expensive in the first place and people jumping on the TFA hype. I'm planning on getting the Sequel Trilogy characters, but I haven't bought a single one yet because I'm playing the long game - I know there's going to be year's worth of stuff Lego will make so I'm betting that I can eventually get all the characters for more acceptable prices.

My advice would be to wait. Rey, Poe, Finn, etc will all be in more sets to come. It's just like how I have like 20+ Han Solos - they just end up accumulating.

Exactly and we're getting two more films on top of the force awakens. The only thing is what costumes are likely to change much? Kylo Ren may get an upgrade because of damage from the battle. Rey probably will get robes of some kind. No idea about Finn. Anyways that falls into speculation.

Plus we may get upgrades of existing molds. Maybe Kylo will get a new lightsaber hilt?

Meanwhile multiple PT characters with heaps of dialogue & screen time have never appeared. It's all very lopsided.

Considering some of the prequel dialogues, maybe that's for the better, though.

Which sets are you guys planning on getting on rogue friday? The whole wave? Maybe just a few initially? I'm interested in seeing what sets people are gravitating towards as day one purchases.

With Double VIP points happening here in the U.S., I'm actually very tempted to buy the entire wave. I also get 5% cash back through my credit card on shop.Lego.com.

I'll buy all 5 sets from the online store, my father will probably buy the constraction figures.

I skipped eveything from TFA except for the falcon, this wave is MUCH better than TFA.

I'm more of an Imperial fan, so I won't get the U-wing. I guess I'm in the minority, but I think the AT-ST is ugly, so although I'll probably get it eventually just for completion and for the figures, I won't be picking that up on Force Friday. The other three I plan to get Force Friday.