Ecclesiastes

Book II - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

This is Knorl. He is the son of one of the clan leaders. He is very loyal to his clan and will die to protect it.

The story isn't much, I know, but how much do I need?

Welcome to Mitgardia, Noel! In other news, my new freebuild is just about finished. Edited by kabel
Please do not quote pics!

This is Knorl. He is the son of one of the clan leaders. He is very loyal to his clan and will die to protect it.

The story isn't much, I know, but how much do I need?

Welcome to the Guilds! Why anyone would chose the cold, frozen, inhospitable north, when you can hug trees amongst the dandelions in Avalonia, is beyond me, though! :grin:

I think the story is a good start, and your sig fig and presentation looks great (Dat base! :wub: ) - The real story is told when you start building! :classic:

Looking forward to seeing more from you!

Edited by kabel
Please do not quote pics!

Welcome to the best and coolest guild, Knorl! Nice little build and sigfig!

On the southeastern forests of Mitgardia, bordering the sea.

It's not exactly a city, but as it is my sigfig's base you could add Uridius's Keep to the map :wink:

It is located at the end of the first branch of the Adeler on the opposite branch to the one Omurtag (3) is on, i.e., it is basically between Omurtag and Helgestorp, but on the same side of the mountains as Omortag (I hope you understand that! :laugh:)

@Ecc, I'm certainly looking forward to that :moar: Go Mitgardia!

@Mkjosha: if it's not a problem I would like to add my capital Volhaal in Graystar :) I haven't really pinned a place but it's located near the boarder with avalonia :)

On another note: I know I haven't posted much recently with exams and the like but I'm still lurking and have a build nearly finished (some point) so I haven't abandoned my fellow northerners! :)

Is this about right for where you want your cities?

15776838614_7b10b4eb92_b.jpg

Uridius' Keep is actually a little higher up (on the fork right on top of where you have it), so it would be great if you could adjust that.

Thanks a lot for updating the map anyhow!

Edited by Garmadon

Uridius' Keep is actually a little higher up (on the fork right on top of where you have it), so it would be great if you could adjust that.

Thanks a lot for updating the map anyhow!

So, right alongside Omurtag?

So, right alongside Omurtag?

Well yes, just across the river from it (exactly on top of where it is now would be perfect).

16223778467_399bbe50c5_z.jpg

This is Chirsto - ready to fight for Mitgardia.

Although born in Avalonia he is now ready to follow the Mitgardian gods of war.

Welcome to Mitgardia Noel and Christo! (already mentioned - the best guild)

ps: Great Castle there Isaac!

Nice map MKJoshA! The dark green numbers are a bit hard to read however, maybe some more contrast would help? (like a lighter color)

Edited by Gideon

Perfect MKJ, thanks again, it's really nice to have an updated Mitgardian map! Personally I like the dk green numbers, but I have to admit a different color might be easier to read... Still, I would probably keep it myself.

Edited by Garmadon

Any other votes on the color? I'm up for changing it if others feel it should be lighter.

Love the new map! Beautiful work.

I agree with Gideon that the green letters on black are pretty hard to read without leaning in and squinting at a monitor. I'd maybe try a black number on a green medallion, swapping the colors (sand green medallion with black text would be even easier to read, even if sand green isn't one of Mitgardia's colors.) You could also have the other set of numbers be black on a yellow medallion, to keep a really Mitgardian feel to things.

Overall, though, really lovely work. Such excellent cartography brings honor to Mitgardia and Historica! :classic:

Any other votes on the color? I'm up for changing it if others feel it should be lighter.

Looks great! The only thing I would suggest would be to correspond the lettering of the map legend with its symbol in some way. If the numbering is green, perhaps maybe make the legend lettering green as well....either that or put the symbol next to the header of each column.

Why not continue with number 13 and the same pattern like the old cities?? No need to distinguish them imo.