Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The bike shop & café sounds really exciting and even more so now that's it's been verified that it's a 3-in-1. I have never built the alternative builds of the Creator houses since I haven't found them too well done, only the main build seems to appeal to me... But in this case I really hope that the alternative builds don't look just like something that has been assembled out of a limited set of bricks. Heck, I could even buy three of this set and add all three to my city! The flower shop is something I have wanted to MOC for some time now, inspired by the new flower molds in Friends. I guess I'm a little late on that one now.

I wonder if Modular in this cases means that this set goes well together with the Modular Buildings even if it is less detailed (and probably more modern). Or does it only mean that it is modular in the sense that 60031 is modular?

I love the sound of the bike shope and cafe as well. I hope that it is 16 x 32 base. That is the same width of the Pet Shop without the townhome next door.

The creator set seems something I hoped for a long time TLG would have made: a simpler and cheaper modular building that can be customized according the builder's preferences

Hopefully husky sled means also huskies........and could it be too much to then ask for a border collie if we have cattle for the cargo train ? (that's also a big if......it might be a load of pigs) :blush:

Now of course, if that creator set can become a car repair shop then it will come with a car.....let me guess it will have a bike carrier on the back to carry a bike from the bike.

Very clever Lego.....what a way to increase sales by a creator set that once built one way you don't want to pull apart.....you have to buy another and another again.....yes, clever and cheeky. :laugh:

I'll be buying three to have all three models at the same time maybe even 4 so I can mod one. Oh boy Lego you love taking my money!

From that description it say that train will be streamlined(Nose piece a high speed train is now confirmed) and goods train will have animals on board

Sounds like it's going to be a cattle / horse or pig car!

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Sounds like it's going to be a cattle / horse or pig car!

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Maybe it's a Friends Pink Pony Train?

(Ok now quick, snap a pic of the expression on your face as you read that. Post it online. Pure comedy gold.)

(Ok now quick, snap a pic of the exp<b></b>ression on your face as you read that. Post it online. Pure comedy gold.)

Haha yes comedy gold.

I doubt it would happen but what if we were getting a circus train?

(Ok now quick, snap a pic of the expression on your face as you read that. Post it online. Pure comedy gold.)

Priceless!

I'm so excited about these new sets, it really sounds like Lego might try something a bit new (a flower shop in a City set?).

"Investigate the secrets of the ice with the powerful tracked exploration Plan"

From http://shop.kiddiwin...h.9xcvqiOX.dpuf and the P in plan is accurate - does anyone think it actually means anything? What's a 'powerful tracked exploration plan'? A printed tile?!

Looks like some of the first sentence was left out. Add "vehicle." for example and it starts to make more sense. The second sentence stands on its own; Plan and go on the ultimate expedition from LEGO® City Arctic Base Camp!

Looks like some of the first sentence was left out. Add "vehicle." for example and it starts to make more sense. The second sentence stands on its own; Plan and go on the ultimate expedition from LEGO® City Arctic Base Camp!

Ah! A tracked vehicle. Sense made. Thanks Peterab!

Haha yes comedy gold.

I doubt it would happen but what if we were getting a circus train?

A circus train would be my ultimate dream! To go with a circus sub-theme!

A circus train would be my ultimate dream! To go with a circus sub-theme!

Unfortunately I doubt it will ever happen. I think circus and farming are going to be relegated to Duplo. But you never know. By the way how did the farm sets sell back in the day? Maybe that could get a revival in a few years.

I highly doubt, Im expecting cow or horse.Maybe bear...

Correct. Texas Longhorn.

:O If I may ask and if you are able to reveal, know or give the tiniest hint does the new Passenger Train have a moulded piece for the front? Or does it bear resemblance to the 2006 7897 Passenger Train? Does it look really sleek and nice? Hehehe, :wub:

:O If I may ask and if you are able to reveal, know or give the tiniest hint does the new Passenger Train have a moulded piece for the front? Or does it bear resemblance to the 2006 7897 Passenger Train?

I hope none of the above. I really disliked those molded fronts for trains. For aircraft I can sort of see the justification (it'd be hard to make a sleek jet plane nose with lots of pieces, and anyway I feel like it was worth the sacrifice to be done with 4-wide commercial airliners), but for trains I generally prefer to see more things brick-built whenever possible. I was quite fond of 7938 for using a more creative design for the front end, though for the new passenger train I hope to see something brand-new.

I am, however, a fan of the classic Metroliner. Not quite as clever as a train with a brick-built front, but I can't help but like this as it's very similar to the trains I've often been on in real life.

Correct. Texas Longhorn.

Hmm, and will the Arctic theme feature a polar bear in at least one of the sets? As they have an updated bear mold it would be weird to not capitalize on it. But the leaked text descriptions make no mentions of bears...

That is true, variaton is also appreciated :) However one thing I did notice is that this year so far we have not had any City sets with moulded front peices, including planes and helicopters. So if the Passenger Train has a moulded peice it will be the only set so far with a moulded peice this year, which I would be fine with and if it looks very nice then it will be an added bonus, that's just my opinion hehe.

Unfortunately the peice count, price, size, proportions and demographic of the set impact the design heavily. The design will also evidently impact the peice count and what not. The more sleaker the inspiration for the design, the more peices or need for a moulded peice which is why the 7897 Passenger Train had a moulded front peice as it was based on the ICE Train, even though you most likely know all of this ahaha. The peice count may has rised far higher and the Cargo Train would have to have it's peice count raised higher.

I'd like to see LEGO make up for it's mistakes with 7897 Passenger Train and make a new mould that can replace the flaws that 7897 had in it. That's just my opinion :)

Edited by Captain America

Hmm, and will the Arctic theme feature a polar bear in at least one of the sets? As they have an updated bear mold it would be weird to not capitalize on it. But the leaked text descriptions make no mentions of bears...

Yes. Polar bears also.

:O If I may ask and if you are able to reveal, know or give the tiniest hint does the new Passenger Train have a moulded piece for the front? Or does it bear resemblance to the 2006 7897 Passenger Train? Does it look really sleek and nice? Hehehe, :wub:

The front is different from 7897.