ZCerberus

ANNOUNCING: Guilds of Historica Book II: The Civil War

But I think I will build castles more like SK from now on. So many bricks to buy otherwise!!

So you're also trying to back down a bit on the size ambitions? I burnt myself a bit building that Swebrick castle so now I'm sticking to max 32x32 for a while :wink:

Yes, I leave that part to Jesper! ;)

When will the castle from the display be a mighty Avalonian fortess!? :wink:

Edited by de Gothia

Yes, I leave that part to Jesper! ;)

When will the castle from the display be a mighty Avalonian fortess!? :wink:

Well, no one except perhaps peggyjdb or some other foreigner plays in his league anyway :tongue:

The simple answer is "when I get around to it", the castle is not in great shape since the less than mild dismantling of the exhibition and is also really dusty from the crazy amount of dust all of you visitors produced in such a short time. But I have to get it in shape (and modify a couple of the modules for better transportability) before Lego World in February so I hope to get that done as soon as the challenge 2.1 deadline is past. So maybe some GoH-ification and photography of an old build might happen at the same time. At least I've got a white 160 cm wide Ikea roller curtain which might be needed then :wink:

@dg: shouldn't give up on that castle, I really liked it! But, I know what it feels like to get tangled up in a big project ...

It's a good thing my ships inspired your, I'm curious to see yours now! I'm also working on a new one though.

I was one day from posting my latest moc which shows de Gothia and his family leaving Historica. Some really stupid comments in my latest moc made me fed up with all of EB and it´s tags. But a true friend talked me back so here I´m again ready to build, comment and be active like nothing ever happen.

Now I need to start building for the challenge.

So glad you didn't go away! And indeed, don't let those annoying things get in your head. Our characters need more adventures :wink:

DeGothia, It would have been a huge loss if you would have left. You are one of the top GoH contributors IMO, and your consistent posting of new builds has gotten us through a number of "dry" moccing spells for the Guilds. Great to have you back!

Great to have you back, mate! :sweet:

You are a very important contributor to Avalonia.

The castle was nearly done. But I needed the parts to my "final moc" so I started to take it apart... Didn´t think I would use the castle. But I will see if I rebuild it somehow. One module is still intact.

But I think I will build castles more like SK from now on. So many bricks to buy otherwise!! :wink:

And the final scene has a ship as well Kabel! A lot of inspirations from your ships! I will post it as a freebuild soon!

Glad to hear you're sticking around! GoH wouldn't be the same without you. And interestingly enough when I first found out about the online LEGO community I was planning to do large castle layout (a realistic sized castle, village, and some surrounding terrain), I even built two modules for it, the outer gatehouse:

6847957301_1b839086ca_z.jpg

and the barracks:

6576435611_b4003a4571_o.jpg

For the barracks I bought every single piece off of Bricklink, and I quickly found out that is an expensive way to build. To date I spent more on that build than any other...

Soon after that, I decided to simply make smaller builds and reuse pieces, while building my collection slowly.

Colossal Castle Contest on Classic Castle (I think).

Thanks! I have an account there, I thought, so I can sign up for this challenge? I am certainly going to check it out!

And good to have you back de gothia!

Indeed; for some reason of obscurity, I ordered 70 SW droid arms just today on BL. 20 that I need, and 50 'just in case'

I have sooo many "just in case" parts that I've ordered during Bricklink ordering. I keep telling myself I just need to wait until Christmas when I'm going to raid my family's collection for "just in case" pieces but I can't seem to help myself!

I was one day from posting my latest moc which shows de Gothia and his family leaving Historica. Some really stupid comments in my latest moc made me fed up with all of EB and it´s tags. But a true friend talked me back so here I´m again ready to build, comment and be active like nothing ever happen.

I don't know who could ever have anything negative to say about your builds! Your builds are one of the reasons I joined GoH. I can't wait to see the next installment in your character's story!

Am I the only one who feels like the morale in this forum is kinda down these days? A lot of the veterans are missing from the scene and many mocs go uncommented. Everybody tired of GoH?

Definitely not tired! I have a MOC I'll be posting hopefully later this week. Had family over all last week for Thanksgiving so I didn't do much building. Just a lot of buying! Got some castle and Chima sets in the mail yesterday.

I don't know who could ever have anything negative to say about your builds! Your builds are one of the reasons I joined GoH. I can't wait to see the next installment in your character's story!

Second that! The builds of de Gothia was the reason I joined GoH :wink:

Once again, very welcome back dG!!

dG- if you had posted that MOC, you would have had to deal with me flying to Sweden and hunting you down, dragging you back here (kicking and screaming the whole way) and forcing you to contribute!

dG- if you had posted that MOC, you would have had to deal with me flying to Sweden and hunting you down, dragging you back here (kicking and screaming the whole way) and forcing you to contribute!

As long as you don't make a MOC of Trian Burress flying to Avalonia, hunting de Gothia down and dragging him kicking and screaming back to Nocturnus :wink:

Guys, you're one funny, disturbingly crazy - in a good kind of way - lot!

Welcome back De Gothia. Can't but agree with everyone else: your mocs have been important in drawing me into moccing and joining this forum. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise!

Stay with us :wink:

Haha, now that is something I would like to see! :wink: But I´m really glad I stayed, so much to build for Benoic and Avalonia! :classic:

You are most welcome to Sweden Z and say hello and see my little Legoattic! :classic:

Thanks infernum, nilfisk and judocus! :blush:

You should sneak out of that attic dG and join us for real on some Swebrick gathering (no one really cares about people's real names anyway there...you will always be de Gothia to us :wink:), and please bring some of your awesome MOCs!

You are most welcome to Sweden Z and say hello and see my little Legoattic! :classic:

And you can visit Minnesota if you would like as well. Are you a tiny person dG? Maybe you can fit in CopMike's suitcase when he comes to Brickworld in Chicago!

I'm actually thinking of planning the US trip with my family this summer so that we can spend a few days in Chicago around Brickworld :classic:

We are going to Indiana (where my wife lived for a yea, to visit her old friends there), and might as well fly in or out through O'Hare in mid-June.

Edited by Gideon