peter_m

41999 from shop.lego.com - problems, concerns, questions, answers

Can anyone from Aus confirm that their order has been processed or even shipped?

Not Aus, but NZ; I placed my order for one at about 00:40 GMT (so 40 mins after it became available as I understand it - just so happens to be my lunchtime here), all items in my order have been sitting as 'In Process' ever since (it also includes the BTTF set and the freebie).

Oh and I've put through many orders with them in past so I'm not new to their online store.

Edited by Alternator

@alternator:

Thanx for replay, good to know that something at least is happening with the orders from our part of the world.

Sadly I'm one of the new shop.lego.com customers so long wait for me

Edited by vladtheimpaler

I'm glad that some of you are getting (or eventually will get) the 41999 set... but aparently that not gonna happend on my case: LEGO cancelled my order twice (yes... even after get a re-order by a customer care representative itself...) because of their decisition of "no longer process shipments to Freight Forwarding Services"...

The funny part is that I have almos 4 years buying online from LEGO US without a problem and used the same address before (even for my May 4th purchase...) but now my shipping address is banned... >: /

its their new policy to prevent credit card fraud. they had problems with scammers ordering with a fake credit card and shipping it to these mail receiving places.

Not Aus, but NZ; I placed my order for one at about 00:40 GMT (so 40 mins after it became available as I understand it - just so happens to be my lunchtime here), all items in my order have been sitting as 'In Process' ever since (it also includes the BTTF set and the freebie).

Oh and I've put through many orders with them in past so I'm not new to their online store.

My orders always take 4-5 days processing before being shipped, then after another 4-5 days show on tracking as arriving in destination country, then about 3-4 days later I receive them

Just one happy story to get your guys mood up: I ordered on the afternoon of the 1st of August where it already said delivery after 22nd of august (also got backorder mail and everything) but the box arrived just now at my door. So hopefully some of you guys will also receive your set earlier than expected!

My orders always take 4-5 days processing before being shipped, then after another 4-5 days show on tracking as arriving in destination country, then about 3-4 days later I receive them

Just out of curiosity: do you know where your orders are coming from - USA or Europe?

Just one happy story to get your guys mood up: I ordered on the afternoon of the 1st of August where it already said delivery after 22nd of august (also got backorder mail and everything) but the box arrived just now at my door. So hopefully some of you guys will also receive your set earlier than expected!

Funny. I ordered at night but my order got backordered, both 41999 and BTTF

Just out of curiosity: do you know where your orders are coming from - USA or Europe?

Actually it is a bit confusing, the packages have a NZPost DHL label on them, the packing slip has Billund contact numbers but the returns form has an Australia return address. I suspect they may come from Europe in bulk packages then reshipped in NZ.

I was holding the set in the Lego store in Glasgow the other day....no need to buy it because my free one is coming??? :innocent:

So, have any Aussies had any progress on their orders? I ordered mine on the 1st of August pretty much as soon as it was available, at about 15 minutes to midnight GMT. It's had a status of "In Process" ever since then.

I'm a little worried about the extra scrutiny that first orders get. It's not my first order, but it's my first order since I moved to Australia from the UK, and I changed the country setting in my account a few days before I ordered in preparation. I just hope they've put it aside for me while they go through whatever process is involved.

its their new policy to prevent credit card fraud. they had problems with scammers ordering with a fake credit card and shipping it to these mail receiving places.

There's a known scam where the scammer sells an item they don't have on eBay or wherever, receive payment via paypal, then purchase the item with a stolen credit card number direct from the retailer and have it shipped to the "buyer's" address. Then when the credit card is charged back, they've still got the money and the poor sod who "bought" it ends up with the stolen goods. I think Lego is often a target of this kind of stuff, and I guess the anticipated demand for this set might lead to more cases, hence the extra scrutiny.

Or not, just speculating really.

Should i be worried, beacuse i havent got confirm to my email that TLG has received my mobile number???

So, have any Aussies had any progress on their orders? I ordered mine on the 1st of August pretty much as soon as it was available, at about 15 minutes to midnight GMT. It's had a status of "In Process" ever since then.

I'm a little worried about the extra scrutiny that first orders get. It's not my first order, but it's my first order since I moved to Australia from the UK, and I changed the country setting in my account a few days before I ordered in preparation. I just hope they've put it aside for me while they go through whatever process is involved.

There's a known scam where the scammer sells an item they don't have on eBay or wherever, receive payment via paypal, then purchase the item with a stolen credit card number direct from the retailer and have it shipped to the "buyer's" address. Then when the credit card is charged back, they've still got the money and the poor sod who "bought" it ends up with the stolen goods. I think Lego is often a target of this kind of stuff, and I guess the anticipated demand for this set might lead to more cases, hence the extra scrutiny.

Or not, just speculating really.

I can understand the policy... and maybe that's the reason why we can see already the 41999 on eBay at $300.00 right now and not at $1000.00 (meaning BTW that in the end all the extra scrutiny was useless... or I'm speculating about it...) if it's a first time purchase... but why they do it with a almost 4 years VIP account with a trend of purchase high cost technic models, with the same credit card and shipping address? And why instead of contact the customer to get the issue fixed, the just drop the order - specially with this set - and make me call back them to get a new order? And this behavior is supposed to be "for my protection"?

I was able to put my order when the 41999 was "available" (they even add the hot dog car set), but 20 hours later they just cancelled the order, when the set was already "out of stock". I call back customer service and explain the situation and express my frustation about this so they generate a new order with another shipping address that I used before since the first one was banned by them. This time they add the hot dog car and the mini mech but two hours later they cancelled the order again and banned the second address as well.

It was important to me to get that set, specially because I have all the technic flagships starting from 2003 and I was waiting months for it like all of you, but now I feel cheated by TLG because they denied me the opportunity to get it with the excuse of "protecting me" and at the same time with a feeling of "you are doing something illegal", leaving me with the "eBay" option which probably will be a real scam... or pay premium from BL. Ironically they also stay on the last email that they value my loyalty as a customer and they will apreciate my feedback as a LEGO fan.

LEGO US told me to go to the new LEGO store in Panama... well, they has no idea what the "41999" set was... since is not in the retail catalog and they can only request what is on the catalog only. But to have an idea, they have the 9398 at $290.00 + taxes so now I know how much I will have to paid for new sets here in my own country.

Worst part? This was supposed to be my 10 year wedding anniversary (september 7) gift from my wife (she decide to give me the set since she know that I want it and why), something I'm already explain to customer care, since the cancelation of the first order make impossible to get the set in time.

That really sucks, especially when they should know by now that you're a good customer who only buy their products for your own joy and nothing else :sceptic:

I hope you find a solution to this.

I was holding the set in the Lego store in Glasgow the other day....no need to buy it because my free one is coming??? :innocent:

:O HOW MANY DO THEY HAVE, THAT PLACE IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN GET ONE!!!

At least two. :classic:

They also have some power function elements for sale too. :thumbup:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Worst part? This was supposed to be my 10 year wedding anniversary (september 7) gift from my wife (she decide to give me the set since she know that I want it and why), something I'm already explain to customer care, since the cancelation of the first order make impossible to get the set in time.

That sucks. They should ship internationally to countries that don't have a S@H service or ship to freight forwarding services for verified customers. It's not fair that fans living outside the S@H countries should suffer because of the scammers.

Speaking of which, I once ordered a new set through BL or eBay (don't remember which one) because the seller was offering it at a lower price than S@H with shipping and all. One week later the set showed up shipped from S@H to my surprise. Nobody ever contacted me to follow up on that set from S@H, but now I wonder if I wasn't used as part of a scam scheme. Do you know if S@H has a tier pricing schema for different customers (i.e. they would sell a set at discounts to high volume customers) that could explain this?

Edited by DrFrankenstein

Are they going to track where the exclusive crawlers are around the world like they have with the Mr Gold minifig? Would be interesting to see if all 20'000 really have sold out in under 24 hours

It doesn't improve my mood. I ordered before you, in that morning at 7:30, with a long history of orders, and still backordered. In which country do you live?

EDIT: august 22nd - gotta be europe since it says aug 17 for north america.

RE-EDIT: I said north america assuming to include canada, USA and mexico, but just now I found out Mexico is not longer a country you can select. How long has that been the case? I feel sorry for Mexican fans - doesn't Lego have a factory there?

Edited by SheepEater

#637 just arrived from lego Shop at home and I'm paitently waitng for the family to leave so I can build in peace

I'm from germany. I just hoped they put up the backorder just because they were overwhelmed with orders but managed to clear them earlier than expected. But as it seems here they handle it intransparent. Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

I too had the backorder email (UK), I ordered at 9am on Thursday. Just had the delivery confirmation email and tracking is saying delivery to me monday!

People in the US who have received their order on Friday or Saturday, did you select overnight or next day shipping? Because I ordered mine on the 31st with Free Shipping, it was shipped out yesterday with schedule delivery on Wednesday by FedEx.