peter_m

41999 from shop.lego.com - problems, concerns, questions, answers

Thankfully, I'm not such a person :laugh:

True that! :laugh:

On a happier note, mine has shipped!!!! How about the rest of you Aussies? Any luck?

Nice :thumbup:

I had to share my happiness with you. Got my 41999 sooner then expected. Ordered on the 5th of August, got Mini-Mech in a huge box on the 8th and the Crawler on the 10th!!! I was afraid that I would not get the set in time as my vacation in Germany is max. 2 weeks, but here I am a proud owner of the best looking Technic Set ever and can go back home with a feeling of accomplishment. :classic:

On a second note, it makes me sick to see people selling this beauty at over 2000 Euros. :sick: Who is stupid enough to give such a price? You can buy a REAL car with that amount of money!

On a second note, it makes me sick to see people selling this beauty at over 2000 Euros. Who is stupid enough to give such a price? You can buy a REAL car with that amount of money!

Forget $2k each or a real car when you can "receive 4 NIB 41999's" for $3,300+. They're practically giving them away! :ugh: But, cheers to the "best looking" technic set. I fully agree :classic:

If i read all this... I feel sorry that i was so honest and send the second box of my wrong order back...

It was a VERY noble thing to do, but I must be honest with you; I am not sure whether I would have done the same.

By the way; how did TLG respond?

Hi All,

First time poster, long time reader.

I have received my 41999 and built it and it looks beautiful.

But here is the thing, I actually ordered 2! One for me and one for my dad.

My invoice said 2, Lego have taken the money for 2 - yet only 1 ever turned up!

When I rang Lego, the said sorry there was nothing they could do as its out of stock.

Seriously angry at Lego for this - if I ordered 2 and paid for 2, why didnt 2 turn up? They are trying to obtain another for my dad but its not looking good. What makes it even more sickening is seeing the people on this forum and on ebay selling numerous sets for ridiculous money.

I have been offered compensation and my money for 1 set back - but I don't think a £20 VIP points is worthy of the crime.

This is solely Lego's fault - TNT even have the box weighing at 3,700kg on the tracking website so its obvious that Lego did not pack enough sets into the box they sent me.

Anyone ever had this with Lego and how far can I go for compensation from them?

Thanks

Sounds like you got my package and i yours! I paid for one and got two. Everything said that i got 1 the bill and all. I should ring all the official lego stores straight away and see if they have one on stock and if they can hold one for you. If yes, then call customer service and explain again what happend and that a lego store has on stock.

Well TLG did respond. They said it was very nice of me and they appriciate that I am so honest. Aaaaaand that was it.

I guess Marcel1980 should have sent it to you.

That's a major bummer.

Personally I think it's very strange that TLG didn't reserve 10, 20 or 50 sets for problems like yours.

Well TLG did respond. They said it was very nice of me and they appriciate that I am so honest. Aaaaaand that was it.

Makes you even regret more. How much trouble is it, to send you a small Technic set or something.

Edited by Gekke Ted

If I receive my second one then I will sell it at cost.

If for whatever reason you have no other takers, I would be very interested in getting a copy since this set was not made available for the South African market :hmpf_bad:

Sounds like you got my package and i yours! I paid for one and got two. Everything said that i got 1 the bill and all. I should ring all the official lego stores straight away and see if they have one on stock and if they can hold one for you. If yes, then call customer service and explain again what happend and that a lego store has on stock.

It certainly appears that way.

I have a manager, Amna, dealing with my case personally at Lego Cust Services. She has said that hopefully someone will return one and they can then ship that too me.....maybe your one?

I just don't understand how they could get it so wrong - and then say "there is nothing we can do" when it is blatenetly their own fault!

At least I got one - and I have opened it, played with it and put all the stickers on!

I will look at selling it on in the future but the point with Lego is to play with it!

Out of interest, has anyone ever got a lot of compensation from Lego?

If they cannot get me another one - which lets be honest, is unlikely (and I live 100+ miles from the nearest lego store).

I am seriously considering getting them to credit my account (because they screwed up big time!) and then with the £140 they owe me, see what they can do on the MKII Crane......hopefully getting that at a vastly reduced price for the inconveinence they have caused me!

I guess Marcel1980 should have sent it to you.

That's a major bummer.

Personally I think it's very strange that TLG didn't reserve 10, 20 or 50 sets for problems like yours.

Makes you even regret more. How much trouble is it, to send you a small Technic set or something.

The original rep I spoke to couldnt understand that I had ordered 2 - I should have 2!

Hopefully the manager now dealing with it can a) find me one and b) actually send it to me.

I will gladly praise the Lego Cust Service if they can sort this one out!

I do regret it... No i am thinking, maybe a could have traded it for EV3 Mindstorms on LegoWorld in Octobre...

It sucks when doing the right thing isn't recognised (I do think TLG's response was pathetic :hmpf_bad: );

But you did do the right thing - don't doubt yourself on this one.

zero feedback but I wonder how many least favorites lists you are on already.

What country are you in? If I receive my second one then I will sell it at cost.

Australia!

The set was on the site for a good week with stock, there is no reason why those that really wanted a set could not get a set.

Well there are reasons : vacation, living in an area where S@H does not deliver, problem with the payment (leading to cancelling the order, and then it is out of stock before you can place a new one)

This was posted by "BRICKS_R_KIDS @ Bricklink"

I was told by the local LEGO store manager that LEGO is releasing the second

batch of the Technic Crawlers on 28th or 29th.

They are limiting customers to 1.

Bill

I'm not sure how much truth there is to this, but i will most definitely be looking out for it...

I decided to call the closest Lego store, and the guy tells me he'd been told to expect more 41999's to come in within the next few weeks. I really hope the people who missed out the first time around will get their sets, this time.

Edited by Trawler Man

The pallet has arrived in Australia and I should be getting mine today, happy face.

So I called the three Toronto Lego stores and all three said they were out of the Crawler, yet 2 of them said basically that they cannot say for sure that more are coming, but that they get their shipments today or tomorrow. Some hope! :cry_happy:

An update: It's been delivered! But I'm at work, so my wife's just sending me text messages about how she's touching it and I should be jealous.

Which I am.

An update: It's been delivered! But I'm at work, so my wife's just sending me text messages about how she's touching it and I should be jealous.

Which I am.

Huzzah! She better have washed her hands.

Which I am.

That is the funniest thing I have read on EB! Congrats, on 41999 and an awesome wife! :grin:

Pretty sure mine should be here tmr! :laugh:

Which I am.

LoL :laugh:

Got mine delivered this morning by Suisse post. Ordered it on the morning of August 5. :thumbup:

150820131024_zps297a0695.jpg

I ordered mine at S@H on day one at 3AM and got it a few days later. A couple days after the first order I saw it was backordered but not sold out so I ordered another. The second one arrived this monday.

I got notice of this model and its release date just by chance on this forums. I just came out of my dark ages with an Unimog on the table and I was looking for info on third party tyres,

So I am incredibly happy.

I got two mainly for the blue parts and I did not open the second one yet. Now I am not sure... it is getting really expensive.