Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

It looks like it can carry more battledroid now??

It still looks like the main rack only holds 6. Now we can clearly see that it is floorless, so no droids there.

I must admit I find the curves on there a little too distracting. While the shape is technically close to Slave 1 the patchwork effect of smaller curves somehow takes away from the overall look.

I agree, the techniques used to create the curves make the ship actually look more jagged.

They've definitely captured the shape of the MTT better than the last two versions did, but I'm really not keen on all those gaps on the sides and the floor. The droid rack only holding six battle droids is disapointing but hopefully it will be easy enough to mod. Glad they kept the wheels underneath and the STAP holding rack in the back seems pretty cool.

The Obi-Wan figure is pretty disapointing though. The new alternate smiley face looks too plain and generic - kind of like a City minifigure. Its also a shame that he still uses the generic male hairpiece when they now have an excellent new mold with Kanan Jarrus's minifigure. Its not 100% perfect but it looks a lot more accurate than the current piece does and would go a long way to making Obi-Wan look a lot less plain.

It may not have a floor, but it does have several platforms for the droids to stand on anyway, so for me it's not that big of a deal.

The Obi-Wan figure is pretty disapointing though. The new alternate smiley face looks too plain and generic - kind of like a City minifigure. Its also a shame that he still uses the generic male hairpiece when they now have an excellent new mold with Kanan Jarrus's minifigure. Its not 100% perfect but it looks a lot more accurate than the current piece does and would go a long way to making Obi-Wan look a lot less plain.

You have a point. It's ironic, Luke's face is so overly detailed he's freaky looking and Obi-wan is so plain you can barely tell he's new. You're right about the hairpiece especially. They either should use that hairpiece or finally make a Padawan specific piece. This hairpiece was acceptable ten years ago, but now it's getting absurd. All of the Padawans have the same hairstyle, so any hairpiece depicting that would be useful for several characters.

I agree, the techniques used to create the curves make the ship actually look more jagged.

Yeah I hope TLG can figure out a way to capture the curves w/o a jagged look. I do like the cowling on this model though. Hopefully lego can capture that as well. I am nervous at how the cowling looks on the supposed leaked model. Hopefully they figure something out. After all these years of waiting for a UCS Slave 1 I don't want to be let down!

Does anyone know where the MTT is exclusive to? This is off topic, but when do rumors about the winter sets appear?

Does anyone know where the MTT is exclusive to? This is off topic, but when do rumors about the winter sets appear?

I'm guessing the MTT will be a TRU exclusive in the US, and the Winter 2015 rumors shall appear in August, but we'll probably have one set revealed at SDCC 2014 in two weeks.

That's by no means anything new, and I seriously doubt it will be anything close to it in terms of building style, only by the fact they will both be trying to achieve the same end result.

If there IS a UCS Slave 1 then it'll be finished somewhere in Billund and probably out for parts collection and packaging printing etc... that image is NOT the UCS Slave 1.

Maybe the first iteration of a planned version many years ago but I find it amazing how people can just jump on that detail from the larger image of the design studio at Billund many years ago and somehow think it's a leaked image of any new product.

that image is NOT the UCS Slave 1.

What was your first clue ? :-O

no one said that this first seen slave one prototype 10 years old from the TLG office photo IS the new rumored "UCS" slave one, people need to read all the postS carefully..

Edited by LoRd AmUnRa

Randomly was told that the UCS Slave I is coming August 1st by the young lady who rang me out at the Lego Store yesterday when I bought my Sandcrawler.

I said WHUUUUUT? I hadn't asked anything that would lead her towards that direction of conversation.

I don't believe it for a second, but it certainly surprised me.

Well clearly it is a prototype of some sort. That photo is indeed old. If you see the full picture there are other models on the shelf that kind of date it.

Here is the original picture for reference.

I don't think that prototype is even UCS. That's smaller than the Rogue Shadow and only a fraction of the UCS Darth Vader Tie. That has to be a regular minifig scale prototype.

I don't think that prototype is even UCS. That's smaller than the Rogue Shadow and only a fraction of the UCS Darth Vader Tie. That has to be a regular minifig scale prototype.

I'm not sure about that. It is about the same size as both of those sets. If you look, you can see pre vizlas starfighter in some form, so it can't be too old.

The pic's probably no more than 4 years old, due to all the Atlantis packaging in there. I seem to recall first seeing it posted maybe 2 years ago.

Here is the original picture for reference.

https://www.flickr.c...XHP-pXLN-6i8QBH

There's some pretty cool MOCs or prototypes there. I can spot a UT-AT, Defoliator Tank, Royal Guard Tie interceptor, Super MTT Tank, the squid droid ship, Droch Class Boarding ship. Plus if this was released two or three years ago. Some of the sets have been made into production there. Take the AV7-Anti-Vehicle Cannon, Pre Vizslas Star-fighter for example.

So the picture may have a little truth to it for the Slave I. But I'd still take it as a grain of salt to what the final version will look like.

Be careful with terminology. A true minifig-scale Slave I would be quite large. Some would even say that would be a fantastic scale for a UCS model.

:tongue:

Randomly was told that the UCS Slave I is coming August 1st by the young lady who rang me out at the Lego Store yesterday when I bought my Sandcrawler.

I said WHUUUUUT? I hadn't asked anything that would lead her towards that direction of conversation.

I don't believe it for a second, but it certainly surprised me.

Remember, there's an "exclusive" set (most likely that means a D2C) that'll be revealed at SDCC 2014.

I'm moving into the believe it when I see it category for this rumour.

:thumbup:

It's pretty amusing reading how the dots are connected on rumored sets. At least it keeps this thread moving along.

Agreed, we have had a few pages of people going off the pic from a few years ago, then brimging it up again a page or two later. This topic is in danger of becoming like the LOTR thread...