Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I wouldn't be surprised if we will get a Jawa battlepack sooner or later. It is unlikely but still a better idea than the Royal Guards. :D

I saw a microsandcrawler on Cuusoo. Maybe that's the same one.

Are there any confirmations yet on a new series of microfighters btw?

Darth Revan looks great, first May the 4th promo I am actually excited for. The past ones were not that interesting but this one is really cool.

Darth Revan looks great, first May the 4th promo I am actually excited for. The past ones were not that interesting but this one is really cool.

I definitely agree with you on this one. I also like the shadow arf trooper.

Finished boxart of all the sets can be found here. Somebody will probably extract them and post them here soon.

For now I love the multiple Luke and Hans going on in this pic, though cheekbone Luke still looks freaky and godawful.

Finished boxart of all the sets can be found here. Somebody will probably extract them and post them here soon.

For now I love the multiple Luke and Hans going on in this pic, though cheekbone Luke still looks freaky and godawful.

Thanks for the links. I have to agree with you about Luke, the cheekbones make him look around 40, even though he's only around 19 years old.

I'll post some of the pics here.

13622333713_3242f94738_b.jpg

13622334973_1956ca08da_b.jpg

13622335903_22cdc16728_b.jpg

13622337213_a344d20da8_b.jpg

13622339043_a7771ef99d_b.jpg

13622340883_3e00e8b78f_b.jpg

images of the box art can be found here .

personally I think these pics make the set even better! :wub:

Thanks for the links. I have to agree with you about Luke, the cheekbones make him look around 40, even though he's only around 19 years old.

Yeah, they went a bit overboard on the lines and the spacing on the details is bad. The smiling side looks better because they actual spaced out the details better, but the neutral side of the face just looks awkward. I will say it does definitely remind me of Mark Hamill after the car accident.

{One huge Snip}

These pics are even better, and I agree with you about how they make the set more appealing. Unfortunately the AT-AT looks the most generic, since it has pretty boring figures and there's really nothing that stands out from this version of the set. The Cantina and Yoda Chronicles sets however look amazing, and they will be the ones that I would like to get from this wave.

Edited by Darth Nader

2 Hans and 2 lukes, This cantina just got scary. Overall I quit like the range of sets. I have an at-at and the new ones legs look a bit long so thats a pass. Will probably pick up the Star destroyer, Snowspeeder, Cantina and maybe others dependent on the ol budget. All in all im happy enough.

"NEW! Includes exclusive Episode VII Luke Skywalker!"

Yikes! In the AT-AT the Veers (?) figure looks like a zombie!

:laugh: looks true though.

Does anyone know the reason behind putting Two Solos and lukes? and is the second snowtrooper in the snowspeeder also excluded?

Does anyone know the reason behind putting Two Solos and lukes?

It's just to show both expressions on heads with dual face prints.

:grin: You're not wrong, in fact Lego should be doing this so people won't complain about how old he looks. I don't want to get off topic, but is there a reason why you changed your name to Big Bad Doctor and temporarily changed your profile pic to the loony toons wolf?

:grin: You're not wrong, in fact Lego should be doing this so people won't complain about how old he looks. I don't want to get off topic, but is there a reason why you changed your name to Big Bad Doctor and temporarily changed your profile pic to the loony toons wolf?

on April first all the mods changed their names and profile pics to looney toons characters. its possible he just didn't change it back yet. unless he thinks "big bad" scares off the spammers. :tongue:

(another huge snip)

I think this just finalized my decision to only go buy the star destroyer, which I want desperately. :wub: Everything else is unappealing, except for the Jedi Scout Fighter. The high-res pics have made me think twice about that one.

I do feel like LEGO has reached and perhaps exceeded the breaking point on minifig details in some cased. The lines on some of these faces are just ridiculous and ugly, Luke most of all but also Veers and even Han to some degree.

Beyond that, some of the leg printing here is pretty crazy - it's nice to finally get leg printing on Stortroopers, but do the Death Star Trooper and AT-AT pilot really need a few rumple lines on their legs? At least it doesn't look awful like the cheekbones, but it's still pretty over the top especially compared to other themes. Darth Vader also looks a bit too printed for my taste.

its possible he just didn't change it back yet. unless he thinks "big bad" scares off the spammers. :tongue:

Actually, one of the limitations of the latest version of IP.b is that EB mods, the way the permissions work, can't change their own display names. So I'm waiting for an Admin to change it back.

on April first all the mods changed their names and profile pics to looney toons characters. its possible he just didn't change it back yet. unless he thinks "big bad" scares off the spammers. :tongue:

Oh ok, that makes sense. The Star Wars forum was the only one I went on during April 1st, so that must be why I didn't notice the other mods who changed they're names and pics too.

Can I just say here thank you to TWP and others for putting the effort in to post the links etc on the page here. I find the site really great - and am really happy when people add great links (and especially deep links). Sincerely all - thank you.

On the sets - well my old Cantina is on EBAY right now and going for at least £60. My plan is to buy 2 of the new Cantina's so I have the full band and I can MOC a proper full rounded bar area - and generally make the set much bigger. I am sooooo excited.

Is any one else looking forward to episode VII and Rebels, just in the hopes of seeing a renewed and broader color pallet in the SW sets?

Also have we heard any rumors about possible merchant exclusives with the Summer wave? Not that I could imagine what those could be? (A Hoth centric AT-ST to go with the AT-AT would be neat.) have we had any hints like numbers that don't match up, etc?

Am I the only one who thinks the new B-wing is worse than the previous one? Especially the laser(ion?) cannons at the tips of the S-foils.