just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

The minifigs could just be extras.....little treats to sit on small bases next to the UCS model........or figures for the owner of the UCS to give to their kids to stop them breaking up their new UCS ? :wink:

I would go the opposite with that idea haha. I wouldn't want my kids near a HL Joker minifig that only comes in a $200 set.

I'm having a hard time following this thread sometimes, who claimed there will be two minifigures?

For sure there will be a large tumbler (due to price) and manager knew because it was indicated inside their registry

I hope the suit is actually black this time.

And akin to that, I hope the suit in the DoJ film is actually gray! I'd love to see the black-cowl/gray-suit combo in the films for a change.

I can't see a UCS tumbler selling too well. That trilogy has been over for two years now, plus it's over $200. Why not just make another DC exclusive like Arkham?

I probably would buy the set if it were based off of Batman Begins... In all honesty that's the only way you can really sell a good Tumbler set. Since it's 10th anniversary is in 2015 I don't see why LEGO just makes a minifig scale Tumbler, and add a monorail to make everyone happy. We'd get an exclusive Batman, Rachel Dawes, Scarecrow, and Ras' Al Ghul. We'd probably also get Gordon and a hobo with a fire to add to the eerie scenery. Also, a horse for Scarecrow. It sounds like a perfectly logical set and I've pitched the idea multiple times before... Now is the perfect time for a set like this. It's sad to see them waste a good slot for DC/Batman when an option like this stands right in front of them. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by NuffSaid1996

I probably would buy the set if it were based off of Batman Begins... In all honesty that's the only way you can really sell a good Tumbler set. Since it's 10th anniversary is in 2015 I don't see why LEGO just makes a minifig scale Tumbler, and add a monorail to make everyone happy. We'd get an exclusive Batman, Rachel Dawes, Scarecrow, and Ras' Al Ghul. We'd probably also get Gordon and a hobo with a fire to add to the eerie scenery. Also, a horse for Scarecrow. It sounds like a perfectly logical set and I've pitched the idea multiple times before... Now is the perfect time for a set like this. It's sad to see them waste a good slot for DC/Batman when an option like this stands right in front of them. :hmpf_bad:

To be honest it's a shame that a slot has been taken by any tumbler. We've already had 2 incarnations of the Tumbler, and now that Nolan's trilogy has ended surely so should products based on it. There's so many other DC and Marvel locations and vehicles that are more deserving of that slot. Plus since we're getting a new Batman and new Batmobile in 2016, maybe it's time to start looking at the future. This UCS tumbler is just another rehash thats wasting shop space.

To be honest it's a shame that a slot has been taken by any tumbler. We've already had 2 incarnations of the Tumbler, and now that Nolan's trilogy has ended surely so should products based on it. There's so many other DC and Marvel locations and vehicles that are more deserving of that slot. Plus since we're getting a new Batman and new Batmobile in 2016, maybe it's time to start looking at the future. This UCS tumbler is just another rehash thats wasting shop space.

To be honest I only want to see the set due to it having new Minifigures. I was fine with the rehashes in the first wave of DC sets because I missed out on the first Batman theme. However, I'm not interested in display pieces. If it is not Minifigure scale I will only BrickLink if, and a big if, we get new Minifigures. A UCS set in my mind, like yours, is a big waste. Another Arkham Asylum type would be more appreciated.

Wait a minute... Y'all remember that polybag Tumbler from this year? Think about it. It was so odd and was branded with a new tailored logo unseen on any other toys: "The Dark Knight Trilogy". Why would they do that for just one polybag? Bam.

I'm not too keen on another Tumbler myself. Something new would be better. Still I can understand why Lego would base it on The Dark Knight. Its a much more popular movie with general audiences than Batman Begins and Ledger's Joker is one of the most iconic villains in modern cinema. As much as I want a minifigure of Ra's Al Ghul, I don't think he offers the same incentive as Joker.

I have no desire to ever see Rachel Dawes as a minifigure though. She's incredibly dull and isn't even a real Batman character.

I'm not too keen on another Tumbler myself. Something new would be better. Still I can understand why Lego would base it on The Dark Knight. Its a much more popular movie with general audiences than Batman Begins and Ledger's Joker is one of the most iconic villains in modern cinema. As much as I want a minifigure of Ra's Al Ghul, I don't think he offers the same incentive as Joker.

I have no desire to ever see Rachel Dawes as a minifigure though. She's incredibly dull and isn't even a real Batman character.

I can agree, but the Tumbler gets destroyed in that movie. It seems like poor marketing if they don't use the "The Dark Knight Trilogy" seal like J2G mentioned. Still, even if Rachel and Ras Al Ghul aren't as cool or interesting as Ledger's Joker. I feel that he is pretty violent to be promoting to kids. The again they did promote Bane who captures cops, holds up Wall Street, and pretty much enslaves criminals to do most of his dirty work. Not to mention the bridge scene from TDKR. But still, TDK Joker easily tops that. Gruesome knife killings, multiple bomb threats, the pencil gag, and shooting up a bank/all of his crew. But since neither movies ever show blood from the events of what they did it's still pretty violent. Scarecrow and Ras Al Ghul are almost harmless compared to what Joker and Bane did.

I can agree, but the Tumbler gets destroyed in that movie. It seems like poor marketing if they don't use the "The Dark Knight Trilogy" seal like J2G mentioned. Still, even if Rachel and Ras Al Ghul aren't as cool or interesting as Ledger's Joker. I feel that he is pretty violent to be promoting to kids. The again they did promote Bane who captures cops, holds up Wall Street, and pretty much enslaves criminals to do most of his dirty work. Not to mention the bridge scene from TDKR. But still, TDK Joker easily tops that. Gruesome knife killings, multiple bomb threats, the pencil gag, and shooting up a bank/all of his crew. But since neither movies ever show blood from the events of what they did it's still pretty violent. Scarecrow and Ras Al Ghul are almost harmless compared to what Joker and Bane did.

My stance is that if they don't want to promote violence, they should have probably picked up a different license. Sure, they can try to make it more kid friendly by avoiding visually darker characters like Zsasz and putting Two-Face in bright colors, but as Front Faefrost mentioned just a few posts ago, LEGO is like a gateway drug....

Edited by Super Fish Oil

My stance is that if they don't want to promote violence, they should have probably picked up a different license. Sure, they can try to make it more kid friendly by avoiding visually darker characters like Zsasz and putting Two-Face in bright colors, but as Front mentioned just a few posts ago, LEGO is like a gateway drug....

You're probably right, they've done much worse in comics anyways. So what is your stance on the "Tumbler set"?

You're probably right, they've done much worse in comics anyways. So what is your stance on the "Tumbler set"?

I'm not really interested and would rather have a smaller playset, or a more iconic Batmobile at least. The rumored minifigures sound cool, but not $200 cool.

why not a 200$ set with all the cinematic batmobiles in normal set sizes. it's an anniversary after all.

For $200 it would have to include every Nolan Batman character for me to buy it, from Alfred to Zsasz. Don't get me wrong, I would like a nice two seater Tumbler, but for that price it would have to include a lot for me to buy it. I'd much rather get a collection of Batmobiles than one gigantic Tumbler. The first one was too big, the last one too small, if they're going to give us another Tumbler I just hope they've learned from their previous attempts.

Sounds like nobody's for the Tumbler. I would love see a set with all of the iconic cinematic batmobiles together. Maybe the 66', 89', and the Tumbler. I couldn't care less for Schumacher's movies' batmobiles. I hope that we're all pleasantly surprised when it's revealed at Comic Con this year just like when we saw the Arkham Asylum D2C for the first time.

If the price point of $200 is true I believe something incredibly substantial needs to be presented for that sort of money, as others have stated something in the vein of Arkham Asylum would be far more attractive then a collection of vehicles and mini figures simply due to the fact that kids and more importantly parents would rather spend 20-70 on batman vehicles then 200, where as if if it were a playset or large building (I personally would love to see perhaps a detailed bank heist (modular bank), or even a Wayne Manor) I believe it would sell better at least in my opinion I'd be unwilling to shell out that sort of cash for a vehicle or vehicles a playset or display piece I would be willing to however.

I'm willing to pay for a good-looking Tumbler for 199,99 EUR but I agree; I would rather get the 3/4 Batmobiles with all the movie incarnation suits. But that would mean a lot less slots to fill up for the next couple of years. The 1960's batmobile will probably get launched when the blu-rays from the show hit shelves later this year anyway.

Damn I had weird dream yesterday that Lego released a sneak peek for the new Tumbler set :grin: on topic now I think $200 is too much and I bet it'll be more expensive here in EU but still a Heath Ledger Joker minifigure sounds awesome.

200$ set would be a big UCS scale Tumbler if it is real. I don't expect minifigures at all.

But I don't want this Tumbler to be true, it is a bad way to use exclusive set slot.

If the Tumbler is indeed a $200 set, I'll mostly likely pass. I'd MUCH rather see a D2C Marvel set at this point.

200$ set would be a big UCS scale Tumbler if it is real. I don't expect minifigures at all.

But I don't want this Tumbler to be true, it is a bad way to use exclusive set slot.

Me neither, just seems waste of a chance to make something truly amazing especially for $200 US which here in Australia is like $330 which is absurd for a black vehicle that simply looks similar to the film zzzz. Also why do we have all these dc UCS, meanwhile I think we all savor an amazing Marvel UCS such as a Stark Tower.

If the Tumbler is indeed a $200 set, I'll mostly likely pass. I'd MUCH rather see a D2C Marvel set at this point.

Me neither, just seems waste of a chance to make something truly amazing especially for $200 US which here in Australia is like $330 which is absurd for a black vehicle that simply looks similar to the film zzzz. Also why do we have all these dc UCS, meanwhile I think we all savor an amazing Marvel UCS such as a Stark Tower.

Exactly. A giant entirely black vehicle sounds incredibly dull to me. Then again, Orthanc was pretty cool but that's because it was an actual set. But of all the things in the DC universe to make a set on, they chose the tumbler?? What a waste. I don't think minfigs can save it either, Heath Ledger Joker or not.

Plus Marvel deserves the exclusive. Hopefully they get the next two to even it out...