The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Ooh, it also looks like it's a corner. Neat! Anyone know if there'll be an early release or if it'll just be available on the 1st of january?

27 minutes ago, Wesley D said:

I think it is fake because of the use of modern faces, there are no classic ones in the pictures like in the other modular sets.Nevertheless it looks official!

It's a nice cheerful and detailed building! It's also a type of building I wanted since I saw the dinner on LEGO Ideas.

There's a stair on the left or is it a corner building?

I also hope this image would turn to be fake one  not only because of not using classic face but also the overall design of the building which does not seem to be classic along with simpson house-ish  like convertible. Can't we have more classic simple tone of modular building like cafe corner or Green grocer anymore????

Edited by jaesroe

Just now, jaesroe said:

I also hope this image turn to be fake not only because of not using classic face but also the overall design of the building which does not seem to be classic along with simpson house-ish  like convertible. Can't we have more classic simple tone of modular building like cafe corner or Green grocer anymore????

It's an Art Deco building, they are from the 1920s and 1930s. It fits the time period nicely and will look good in a block with American-style buildings (Fire Brigade, Pet Shop, Palace Cinema, Detective Office)

Just now, Paperballpark said:

It's not a corner building, there's stairs on that side.

I see them.

Weird, it'll kinda be like the parisian restaurant, then. It's not a corner building but the width of the upper floors don't cover the width of the baseplate.

Looking forward to getting the Diner (hoping it's real) and putting it next to the PR.

Just now, Sammael said:

It's an Art Deco building, they are from the 1920s and 1930s. It fits the time period nicely and will look good in a block with American-style buildings (Fire Brigade, Pet Shop, Palace Cinema, Detective Office)

Which is exactly why I love this! If this is indeed real, I guess it would explain one of the reasons why the 1950's Diner Ideas project was rejected in the last review.

On two minds about this: First, it doesn't have separation between floors, buuuuut.... If somebody made this up, honestly, props to them, the numbering is correct, the colours look half decent, the lettering is nice...

I wouldn't buy it though, and those non-smiley faces....

I'm not so sure it doesn't have separation between floors. It's possible that they came up with a new technique that allows separation to be invisible on the front facade.

Just now, BrickyBoy said:

I think it's real. My post with picture about this in a Legoforum on Facebook has been deleted immediately.

Its always nice that they sort of confirm the information when it gets removed :tongue:

Town Hall appears much smaller than reality in the modular lineup along the bottom of that picture.  It seems as though they wanted each building to be approximately the same height.

Edited by ericb
grammar

Just now, ericb said:

Town Hall appears much smaller than reality in the modular lineup along the bottom of that picture.  It seems as though they wanted each building to be approximately the same height.

You're right - it could be an indication that this is a fake.

Just now, Doge said:

Its always nice that they sort of confirm the information when it gets removed :tongue:

Indeed. This can't be fake! But was hoping for a post office... I like it, more than the Palace Cinema. I think it's a corner building. If not, I will surely mod it!

I think it's real. My post with picture about this in a Legoforum on Facebook has been deleted immediately.

Someone on Reddit had mentioned that the set features the new five petal flower pieces first seen in 2018 Friends preliminary leaks. So.....

Just now, Sammael said:

You're right - it could be an indication that this is a fake.

I'm pretty sure Town Hall has been pictured smaller in the lineups most of the time.

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Someone on Reddit had mentioned that the set features the new five petal flower pieces first seen in 2018 Friends preliminary leaks. So.....

You don't have to convince me! :wink:

Gotta be real, uses the new flower pieces that were revealed in the Friends leaks. 

Faces are strange but maybe the change is supposed to represent the freedom and creativity and individuality (as well as conformity) people exhibited in the post war era 1950s in the U.S.

The more I look at it, the more I'm convinced it's real. Its details are perfectly done. I better start getting used to modern minifigure faces in modular sets!

9 minutes ago, paupadros said:

...it doesn't have separation between floors,...

What I first thought of being sand yellow bricks are rather tiles used in a SNOT technique. That could explain the lack of border between the modular floors. Nicely done!

If indeed real I think second floor may be a gym. Basing this on the shirtless guy and what looks like 'smoothie' maker on second floor and maybe a blue punching bag to the right.

Just now, Wesley D said:

The more I look at it, the more I'm convinced it's real. Its details are perfectly done. I better start getting used to modern minifigure faces in modular sets!

What I first thought of being sand yellow bricks are rather tiles used in a SNOT technique. That could explain the lack of border between the modular floors. Nicely done!

Sand yellow? Oh, nice! I first thought it was just tan.

Just now, Willworkfortoys said:

If indeed real I think second floor may be a gym. Basing this on the shirtless guy and what looks like 'smoothie' maker on second floor and maybe a blue punching bag to the right.

Could be a gym, I see a technic piece in the interior of the second floor. Maybe for fitness gear?

Not sure about this. Not only is it strange to not have the classic faces. There is just something about the faces that looks weird to me. The guy driving the car and girl in the green top don't even look like official lego faces. More like the shoddy quality faces that Asian companies like enlighten or sluban etc would churn out. It looks a good build overall but not quite the usual professional standards that lego would release. Pretty sure the strip at the bottom showing all the past modulars is just lifted straight from last year's promotional material for assembly square. It's even got the dark blue background that was used for the 10th anniversary which had the fireworks graphics on it. I think it's fake unfortunately.

Sand yellow? Oh, nice! I first thought it was just tan.

Sorry, brick yellow ofcourse!

The modern minifigure faces could be a sign of the modular line moving forward. I have the impression this building is a bit more modern too than the former.

The organisation of the facade of the building does remind me of the Green Grocer.