Savage Oppress

What Lego-related thing did you do today?

Yesterday I went to the home of a dear friend who was recently hoitalized with a terminal diagnosis, and who passed away last week. In the days before he died he was putting his affairs in order as his family and friends, including myself, visited him to see him one last time, offer what comfort and companionship we could, and say goodbye; during this timeframe, in the midst of taking care of what he could, he was bequeathing his various possessions to everyone, and he gave me his old LEGO. He had a collection of older sets - a small one by the standards of most here, but all good (what LEGO isn't?), mainly classic Space and Castle stuff from the early to mid-'80s, not necessarily complete or in perfect shape, but wonderful. I went to his home yesterday to collect it along with a few items of furniture.

I'm very glad to have it all, and the Space stuff in particular is some of the stuff I desired most in all the world, but it's pretty much the absolute last way I can think of that I'd like to add to my collection, and I'd give it all back plus everything I already owned to get my friend back. But there's nothing I or anyone or anything else on Earth, no matter how powerful, can do to make that happen.

:/

Took the twins to Toys R Us for the instore Lego/Jurassic World gate (free item make and take) :) and since we have twins, we have 2 gates for our town now!

IMG_20641.jpg

Sorry if pic is large :/

Yesterday at a flea market, I bought:

About 6 minifigures (including SW Obi-Wan, old Han Solo and classic Boba Fett), baby dragon and some accessoires for €5.50,

as well as a complete 6357 (complete & in great condition, plus box) for €5 and 6898 Ice Planet set for €2.

Apart from (most of) the figures, I think these should have decent values by now and are going to be sold on eBay or BL, alongside several other sets I've found on

flea markets in the past several months - some cheap & old MISB sets, too!

As for today... well, I've been working on sorting my pieces again.

Hoping to have most of that done soon - at least, I'm hoping to have my most essential pieces sorted in a bit...

Edited by General Magma

My 9467 Ghost Train fell of the shelf and I had to rebuild it

Ghosh, I love that set! :wub:

I opened a NIB 10185 Green Grocer and started building a mirror image (reverse) build of the original. I mean, why keep these things around for years if you don't eventually have some fun with them, eh? To answer the obvious...my real investments are elsewhere.

Started to put away my MOCs and haul from Brickfete. Which one should I build first? Decisions, decisions...

brickfetehaul_zpsxhbsaloy.jpg

Made a few BL purchases... Busy with aboither moc, but have to wait for a few parts.

Also trying to come up with a fitting name for it.

Received one of my five most recent BL orders today, including a bunch of olive green grass... :cry_happy:

Other than that, I've been sorting for almost the entirety of the rest of the day. Tiring, hoping to be done soon so I can finally build again.

finish my moc + taking pictures + posting them online :laugh: