The most powerful bargains so far were the 8258 Crane Truck New for 132 € (3 years ago) & 42009 Mobile Crane New for 145 € (on May of this year), both on eBay. :thumbup:

Just BL-ordered 8 ultra rare and expensive Red Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Angled #3 - 157.5 degrees - a German seller offered 8 of them at 0.86€ per piece... of course i ordered all 8 :sweet:

In addition i got a big carton with several very dusty (but otherwise in good condition) technic, bionicle and some space-theme sets for overall 60€ - includes a complete 8070 (which parts are worth alone at least > 100€ cause of some red soft axles, 6 Red Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Angled #3 - 157.5 degrees and 8 very expensive DBG steering arms... includes a 8943 Axalare Bionicle spaceship which consists of a bunch of technic liftarms, connectors and panels (just the 12 red 3x 11 curved panels are very rare)...good parts pack...

was a good day...

8461 from Marktplaats for 60 euros. Guy wasn't sure if all pieces were there, but all the good parts are present (and not yellowed) like soft axles, panels, springs and the blue cylinders. 80% of the stickers are pretty messed up, but I didn't buy it for that.

My Son's just returned from holiday with an 8145 Ferrari 599 and 8653 Enzo (both unboxed but with instructions) for me that he found in a brick-a-brack shop and bought for £40.

And to think I'd have been happy with a stick of rock :sweet:

8461 from Marktplaats for 60 euros. Guy wasn't sure if all pieces were there, but all the good parts are present (and not yellowed) like soft axles, panels, springs and the blue cylinders. 80% of the stickers are pretty messed up, but I didn't buy it for that.

Oh god, another Marktplaats bargain in this topic. Why am I constantly missing all of them!? I regularly look on there, but I almost never find bargains of the caliber in this topic :tongue:

You know one can't write something like that without details.

hehe sorry. Was just really excited, because in my eyes good deals always happen to other people :)

It was a swedish webshop that was celebrating 8 years of operations and it seemed like they were doing some kind of "treasure" hunt on select toys and Lego sets.

I was lucky enough to chance upon the 42025 and managed to secure two of them. I was too late for the 42008 (approx 12 Euro) and some other sets that I dont remember.

Having recentley bought a 42025 for a more normal price, I now find myself with 3 sets... Which gives me some very interesting options :)

I recently bought 8943 and it was only €50 posted....i needed it for the rare red Technic panels, which this set had 12 of. But even better, when i opened the box i discovered 6 of the bags were never opened!!....one of the bags had 6 of the panels brand spanky new!!, i also bought 7160 for just €25 posted and it was also a great source for rare parts.

I troll Ebay for old Racers sets BNIB as they are always a great sourcs for parts, especially the older moulds if you want to build old Technic sets.

Got a nice used 8466 with instructions, for €70 incl shipping on Norwegian auction site. Happy for the cheap PP wheels.

Edited by Buddha

I got a #42030 Volvo L350F last week in Smyths in St Helens, UK. The price on the box was £139.99, so I asked an assistant if the price was correct, as it seemed quite low (I had already had a quick check online while in the store, and seen that it was £169.99 on the Smyths web site). He told me it would have been priced correctly, and so I took it to the till, where it rang up the full £169.99. I pointed out that the sticker on the box gave a lower price, so he spoke to someone senior on the shop floor, who then went off for 5 minutes to talk to the manager, then came back and gave it to me at the lower price. There were mutters in the background about a mispriced item...

I'm afraid it's back to full price in that shop :-(

Got a box of lego for 31 euros

It appears to contain the folloing sets mostly complete, although I am sure there will be a bunch of parts missing since they are all half built and the loose pieces seem to be a pirate boat and an island fortress: 8880, 8836, 8838, 8815

Just bought a boxed & complete 42009 for £60 + £8 delivery from a free ads website. 2 M motors and a battery box thrown in for good measure.

Inside I'm doing cartwheels :sweet:

Just bought a boxed & complete 42009 for £60 + £8 delivery from a free ads website. 2 M motors and a battery box thrown in for good measure.

Inside I'm doing cartwheels :sweet:

Wow that is quite the bargain. I don't have the patience to hunt for bargains :laugh:

8455 for 20 euros at the local fleamarket. It looked complete, and I won't even bother counting the pieces at that price.

Was lucky enough to get 2 brand new, MISB, 42025 for 24 Euros each.

Very happy with that.

Holy cow, that price is just amazingly absurd!!! Congratulations, I must say I envy you ;-)

Well, my only good bargain would be getting perfectly good 8366 for 80 euros about a two years ago.

Holy cow, that price is just amazingly absurd!!! Congratulations, I must say I envy you ;-)

Well, my only good bargain would be getting perfectly good 8366 for 80 euros about a two years ago.

That reminds me, almost two years ago I got both 8366 and 8475 for $130 NZ, which is about 81 euros. Only one remote and one antenna between them, and a lot of smaller parts missing (including extra wheels), but the plastic drift wheels were there and everything works!

I later built Zblj's RC Tatra with eight 8466 wheels, four RC motors and two RC units :laugh:

8043 for 100 Euro, new and sealed!

i think i won't open the box for now

PS: sealed of course

Edited by Duky

I have no idea if I'm getting boxes or even instructions, but I am very appreciative of the package out for delivery to me today:

6110 and 8043 for $425, shipped from Europe to the US.

Wow, that is really a good deal ! I bought mine for aprox 110 euro and i thought that was a good deal :blush:

I've been really lucky with the 42009. Over the last month or so I've bought 3 for under £150. I'd like to have a go at Jurgens Ultimate 42009 one day. It looks like an amazing build.

I'll add it to my ever increasing Roundtoit List.

Edited by grum64