Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Assuming you like all of them, buy them in this order. Due to GG being the oldest it will be the first out of production.

1. Green Grocer

2. Fire Brigade

3. Grand Emporium.

Personally, I think Green Grocer is the best, although Fire Brigade is close behind. I don't have Grand Emporium yet, so I can't quite judge it properly, but it doesn't seem as good.

There's a topic similar to this in the General Discussion forum. You can find it here for future reference. Also, you can't create a poll until you're a Knight (500 posts).

I hope this helped.

Hi

I'm recently emerged from my short dark age and am starting to look for set's I can buy to modernize my collection. I'm interested in set's that have the lots of new colours and parts ie dark red, dark blue, dark green, purple lime orange, light bley, and bark bley. I also want to get lot os slopes and pars good for space moc's I've already bought a lot of SP III set's so I'm not really interested in mini-figs except for different heads. I'm allso wondering it it may be easier for me to place large bricklink orders instead of buying sets

just as a reference where are there example of three moc's I really like and wish my collection allowed me to create similar moc's

rocks like this, bases like this and ships like this.

captain jari,

as for the rocks, I would recommend you to just order lots of different slope pieces (in light bluish gray and/or in dark bluish gray) on BrickLink.

In terms of the base you like, I assume the details on the surfaces of the wall and the floor impress you. Such a detail is called Greeble. So I'd advise you to buy sets with a lot of greebles (e.g. 7658 Y-Wing Starfighter or 10175 UCS Darth Vader's TIE Advanced) to get started with.

With the starfighter, it's easy: Hey, you want to build starfighters! So just buy starfighter sets (e.g. from Star Wars or Space).

Hope this helps.

Greetings,

funkybrick

Edited by funkybrick

Should i get,

Grand Emporium (I have wanted to start a city block but then i would have the problem of using all my parts for a city display) or Battle of Alamut (fits nicely with IJ and has lots of good parts). Or should i wait until the HP sets come out (I like a lot of the sets in that theme)?

Should i get,

Grand Emporium (I have wanted to start a city block but then i would have the problem of using all my parts for a city display) or Battle of Alamut (fits nicely with IJ and has lots of good parts). Or should i wait until the HP sets come out (I like a lot of the sets in that theme)?

Personally, I'd say be patient and wait for Harry Potter sets later this year, there suppose to be the best ones of the whole theme. But if you really can't stand tickers, then go with whatever fits with what you've been collecting. If you don't have much city, then go with the Battle of Alamut, but if you have a lot of city, go with the Grand Emporium because it's really cool.

Now I've got a question, should I get the Hoth Wampa Cave or General Grevious' Starfighter? I really want the Hoth Wampa cave for the Wampa, Luke and the snow speeder, but the Cave and Pilot I don't really need, whereas For GG starfighter, I really like the ship all and all, but the only fig I'm interested in is GG, and He's just okay, I've already got plans for the Slave 1, and I can't get to a target to get Cad Banes speeder, so what should I do?

Should i get,

I'd say wait for both since Battle of Alamut might go on clearance and GE will be available for a long time.

Now I've got a question, should I get the Hoth Wampa Cave or General Grevious' Starfighter? I really want the Hoth Wampa cave for the Wampa, Luke and the snow speeder, but the Cave and Pilot I don't really need, whereas For GG starfighter, I really like the ship all and all, but the only fig I'm interested in is GG, and He's just okay, I've already got plans for the Slave 1, and I can't get to a target to get Cad Banes speeder, so what should I do?

This is just my personal preference, but I like the Hoth cave. I just like Episode 5 sets.

This is just my personal preference, but I like the Hoth cave. I just like Episode 5 sets.

I know, episode 5 was my favorite movie, but the build just doesn't seem that great, if anyone has these two sets, I'd like to know which had the better build, and which one looks better on display.

I know, episode 5 was my favorite movie, but the build just doesn't seem that great, if anyone has these two sets, I'd like to know which had the better build, and which one looks better on display.

Just go to Brickshelf, Youtube, or even just look at the reviews here and decide.

What should I get, what do you think is the better set:

7754 - Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser

or

10198 - Tantive IV

Regarding the price per piece-ratio the Tantive-set is much cheaper. In the end they would cost me the same (because for the Cruiser I had to pay for shipping).

I'm pretty unsure.

or

10198 - Tantive IV

Regarding the price per piece-ratio the Tantive-set is much cheaper. In the end they would cost me the same (because for the Cruiser I had to pay for shipping).

It comes down to this, if you want a playset and lots of rare and quite awesome figures go with Home One. If you want nice ship that looks great on display with a couple rare figures.

Since your paying the same for them I'd personally go with Tantive, it's far better than Home One. Feel free to PM me about this further, I have both sets and would be happy to help you more. :classic: Getting both would be ideal but I know budgets get in the way of that. You could get one now and one later. If you are a Rebellion fan like myself I'd highly recommend that option. As a Star Wars collector Tantive would be the best. If your looking for play value and figures go with Home one.

Best regards,

JCC

or

10198 - Tantive IV

I'm pretty unsure.

The Tantive is GREAT. Home One has more figs, but overall it's more meh. Depends on what you want, figs or a great ship. :classic:

I have a very broad question. I have about $50 USD to spend on a lego set. any suggestions on a good one? I like to collect starwars and City.

Does someone fancy convincing me to get drawbridge defence ? Its on amazon for 20 quid but im still not sure. The minifigs are nice but the set is pretty bare...

Does it sound reasonable to get NXT 2.0 for 442 USD?

That's the least expensive price in town. I can afford it. But that's money I wouldn't be able to use on other sets which are not as inflated as that set (ie : Galactic enforcer is at about 114 USD, which in comparison to its US retail price is not that big of a difference, while NXT 2.0's US price is 280 USD.

Does it sound reasonable to get NXT 2.0 for 442 USD?

That's the least expensive price in town. I can afford it. But that's money I wouldn't be able to use on other sets which are not as inflated as that set (ie : Galactic enforcer is at about 114 USD, which in comparison to its US retail price is not that big of a difference, while NXT 2.0's US price is 280 USD.

If you live in Bolivia, I'd try to get a new Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0 (Set 8547) from Bricklink: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=8547-1 . One of the vendors will be able to ship to Bolivia at a total price lower than USD 442. :wink:

If you live in Bolivia, I'd try to get a new Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0 (Set 8547) from Bricklink: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=8547-1 . One of the vendors will be able to ship to Bolivia at a total price lower than USD 442. :wink:

Hmnn, I live in Bolivia so I am paypal and credit card impaired. But wouldn't the shipping fee be able to increase the price a lot on something as big?

Hmnn, I live in Bolivia so I am paypal and credit card impaired. But wouldn't the shipping fee be able to increase the price a lot on something as big?

The first Bricklink choice listed (from the link I provided to you above) can sell you a NEW Lego NXT 2.0 set for USD $250 (see http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?sID=51203&itemID=18409410 ). Since the new set has a damaged box (and you're worried about the shipping cost), you could buy the set from Maryland USA and have it shipped WITHOUT the box to you in Bolivia. The seller won't care one way or another. If you look on the "Store Terms" page, that vendor accepts "Cash (no COD), Money Order, PayPal.com, [and] Western Union Transfer." It's a pretty good deal. I bet you that, for a total cost of ~US$280, you could get the set. Over the past 10 years, I've had great luck placing HUNDREDS of Bricklink orders (for new and used Lego parts and sets). I've gotten orders from Europe and Australia sent to the USA within a week sometimes. Try Bricklink -- you'll like it. :classic:

I don't know which set I should buy:

7642 King's Castle

Or

10193 Medieval Market Village

I think that Medieval Market Village is better, if you look on the number of the parts- it has 1565 parts, and King's Castle has 890 parts.

Both of the sets have unique minifigures, and great parts:

In King's Castle: the weapons (especially the Chrome Gold sword), the crown, the catapult and the horse accessories.

In Medieval Market Village: the turkey, the Pearl Gold plate, the dark brown parts and the dark green "leaves".

Help?

Edited by noname

Noname, In my opinion you should really get MMV. Its got great parts for MOCing and it will become a collectors item in the years to come. It also may not be around as long as the Castle because its a year older than Kings Castle.