Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

This is more of a question on whether I should get a set:

I'm 50/50 split on whether or not I should get Dol Guldur Battle. On one hand the minifigs are fantastic, but Dol Guldur itself seems to be nothing more than a glorified wall. What are your opinions?

I agree that it's better to think of as a parts set than anything else. I liken it to the LOTR Black Gate.

Should I wait to buy the 2011 Millennium Falcon in case the new rumoured version ucs Falcon is coming at the end of 2014.

It's only a rumor at this point.

Some stores already got rid of 2011 MF on clearance sale as low as $90 but many still remain on shelves at full price. It is really a nice one and perhaps the best non-UCS version I would get one if you can. And save up more money by giving up beer and pizza for a while so you can also get the new UCS issue if LEGO does go with it. It has been a few years since they did issue 2011 model and they have issued one version every few years for a long time. (mini and micro sized doesn't count)

My store was directed to ship their stock back to TLG and that they couldn't order more.

I'm guessing that the shelf space was needed for this year's Summer wave, and it's only going to be available on S@H very soon.

Thanks guys, I'm going to order from Amazon. That's 20-25% beneath Lego's original retail price. It's mainly the problem of having non-updated minifigures of the main cast but the new Falcon is probably bing released with the episode VII cast anyway.

Because of the awesome prices of Lego in John Lewis, I'm thinking of a large purchase from there soon. I know I'm gonna get the Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! for £64 and the LOTR Pirate Ship Ambush for £60.79, but I want to get it to £200 to round it off. So that means I have about £75 to work with. Shall I get:

Option 1

Super Secret Police Dropship: £55

Eglor's Twin Bike £13.90

Option 2

Emmet's Construct-o-Mech £40

Hurricane Heist £34.99

Option 3

Knowhere Escape Mission £29.99

Spider-Helicopter Rescue £29.99

Kai Fighter £13.50

I'm leaning towards option 2, but what do you guys think?

Because of the awesome prices of Lego in John Lewis, I'm thinking of a large purchase from there soon. I know I'm gonna get the Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! for £64 and the LOTR Pirate Ship Ambush for £60.79, but I want to get it to £200 to round it off. So that means I have about £75 to work with. Shall I get:

Option 1

Eglor's Twin Bike £13.90

Option 2

Hurricane Heist £34.99

Option 3

Kai Fighter £13.50

I'm leaning towards option 2, but what do you guys think?

I would say Eglor's Twin Bike and Knowhere Escape Mission. But I'm biased because I prefer to get lots of smaller sets rather than one big set.

I heard the Construct-o-Mech was underwhelming due to lack of poseability. Hurricane Heist is also rather debated.

I'd say option 3 is the best. You get some good-looking and functional models in each, and exclusive characters in two of them.

Should I plunk down the money for the turtle van and the semi truck set from the TMNT movie line? Or the lair and the van? Then I would at least have 3 of the turtles..

I would say Eglor's Twin Bike and Knowhere Escape Mission. But I'm biased because I prefer to get lots of smaller sets rather than one big set.

Thanks for the feedback!

I heard the Construct-o-Mech was underwhelming due to lack of poseability. Hurricane Heist is also rather debated.

I'd say option 3 is the best. You get some good-looking and functional models in each, and exclusive characters in two of them.

Really? I thought the Construct-o-Mech was quite a popular set. :shrug_confused: Thanks for the feedback.

I'd go with option 4: rob a bank and buy em all. :devil:

J/K :tongue:

... I dunno what to make of this. :look: :look: :look::tongue:

Still quite undecided though. Oh, by the way, option 2 is a no go now, because the Construct-o-Mech is out of stock. :cry_sad: Here are a few more options:

Option 1

Eglor's Twin Bike £13.90

Option 2

Hurricane Heist £34.99

Option 3

Kai Fighter £13.50

Option 4

Hurricane Heist £34.99

Colby City Showdown £29.99

Braptor's Wing Striker £8.99

Option 5

Droid Gunship £32.39

Hulk Lab Smash £39.99

Option 6

Droid Gunship £32.39

Vermin Vaporizer £39.99

Option 7

Droid Gunship £32.39

Batman: Joker Steam Roller £39.99

Option 8

Droid Gunship £32.39

NinjaCopter £39.99

Should I plunk down the money for the turtle van and the semi truck set from the TMNT movie line? Or the lair and the van? Then I would at least have 3 of the turtles..

Lair and van. Definitely. I think that big rig set is atrocious; so plain and boring! Edited by Sir Brickalot

Thanks for the feedback!

Really? I thought the Construct-o-Mech was quite a popular set. :shrug_confused: Thanks for the feedback.

Still quite undecided though. Oh, by the way, option 2 is a no go now, because the Construct-o-Mech is out of stock. :cry_sad: Here are a few more options:

Option 1

Eglor's Twin Bike £13.90

Option 2

Hurricane Heist £34.99

Option 3

Kai Fighter £13.50

Option 4

Hurricane Heist £34.99

Option 5

Droid Gunship £32.39

Hulk Lab Smash £39.99

Option 6

Droid Gunship £32.39

Vermin Vaporizer £39.99

Option 7

Droid Gunship £32.39

Option 8

Droid Gunship £32.39

NinjaCopter £39.99

Lair and van. Definitely. I think that big rig set is atrocious; so plain and boring!

Ok. Now I think Colby City Showdown, Eglor's twin bike and Knowhere escape mission.

I am getting a modular. I already have the Pet Shop so I thought these options up: Grand Emporium - £132.99 or Palace Cinema - £119.99 with Road Baseplate pack - £10.49 I know that GE is discontinuing soon so should I go foor that one?

A Star Wars set desision here. I could either go for the Cantina £64.99 or the Ghost £69.99. The Ghost can be combind with the Phantom and probably future rebels sets. The cantina on the other hand is quite lonely, but is the less expensive of the two. Both sets include the same amount of minifigures. Which one should I get?

I am getting a modular. I already have the Pet Shop so I thought these options up: Grand Emporium - £132.99 or Palace Cinema - £119.99 with Road Baseplate pack - £10.49 I know that GE is discontinuing soon so should I

go foor that one?

That's a hard one. The PC contains more features and detail where as the two top floors of the Emporium have very little in them.

Overall I would go for the Emporium. It has less features but is likely to be discontinued and has nice touches.

A Star Wars set desision here. I could either go for the Cantina £64.99 or the Ghost £69.99. The Ghost can be combind with the Phantom and probably future rebels sets. The cantina on the other hand is quite lonely, but is the less expensive of the two. Both sets include the same amount of minifigures. Which one should I get?

I myself would personally go for the Cantina. Yes, it is a second re-design, but it is a lot more iconic to any Star Wars fan. It has a whole line of brand new figures (bar an Solo) nice building techniques, and a Dewback. I have no interest in collecting the 'Rebel's' sets, unless something amazing comes out of it!

So, I would go for the Cantina!

I myself would personally go for the Cantina. Yes, it is a second re-design, but it is a lot more iconic to any Star Wars fan. It has a whole line of brand new figures (bar an Solo) nice building

techniques, and a Dewback. I have no interest

in collecting the 'Rebel's' sets, unless something

amazing comes out of it!

So, I would go for the Cantina!

Thank you for your post. I'm going to go for the Cantina and maybe once the rebels show aires go for the ghost and the phantom.

Debating wether to get Dol guldur Ambush for £45, or Attack of the Wargs for around the same price.

Which do you need more of Rocks or Plants? Dol Guldur has twice as many pieces, but Attack of the Wargs is retired. So it's really up to you.

A) Hurricane Heist. I have the three smallest Ultra Agents and I really enjoy the line.

B) Mos Eisley Cantina. SW brought me back to LEGO as an adult, but I haven't bought much SW LEGO lately due to so many rehashes. This set looks decent though and not like anything else I have, except that I do have the latest Landspeeder.

C) Milano Spaceship Rescue. Didn't plan to get any of the GOTG sets but I absolutely loved the movie so I'm considering it now.

I'm not much of a MOCer so individual parts aren't too important to me. I usually build the sets as they are, and my kids and I play with them. I like sets that look good and provide some fun play features, and are sturdy.

A) Hurricane Heist. I have the three smallest Ultra Agents and I really enjoy the line.

B) Mos Eisley Cantina. SW brought me back to LEGO as an adult, but I haven't bought much SW LEGO lately due to so many rehashes. This set looks decent though and not like anything else I have, except that I do have the latest Landspeeder.

C) Milano Spaceship Rescue. Didn't plan to get any of the GOTG sets but I absolutely loved the movie so I'm considering it now.

I'm not much of a MOCer so individual parts aren't too important to me. I usually build the sets as they are, and my kids and I play with them. I like sets that look good and provide some fun play features, and are sturdy.

Is it mostly for you or mostly for the kids?

If mostly for you, I'd say Mos Eisley Cantina. It's such an iconic scene, and the dewback (I think?) looks amazing.

If mostly for your kids, I imagine the Milano Spaceship Rescue (if they have seen the movie) or Hurricane Heist (if they have not seen GoTG) would offer most playability.

Thanks for the feedback!

Option 1

Eglor's Twin Bike £13.90

Option 2

Hurricane Heist £34.99

Option 3

Kai Fighter £13.50

Option 4

Hurricane Heist £34.99

Option 5

Droid Gunship £32.39

Hulk Lab Smash £39.99

Option 6

Droid Gunship £32.39

Vermin Vaporizer £39.99

Option 7

Droid Gunship £32.39

Option 8

Droid Gunship £32.39

NinjaCopter £39.99

Lair and van. Definitely. I think that big rig set is atrocious; so plain and boring!

Option 1, IMO, is the best. Am I the only one here to think that :grin: ?

The dropship is AWESOME and the Twin Bike has good parts-especially Eglor's torso :wub: !