Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Thanks! That's what I was thinking, too. I'll give it a few days and then make a decision, but I'm leaning toward the Wargs.

No problem! :classic:

Hey guys,

I am having a hard time deciding on whether I should get the Minecraft Micro World Nether and Village... Are they worth it?

Thanks!

I don't have the sets but they are good parts packs if you want some 1x1 tiles. I am also planning on getting them.

No problem! :classic:

I don't have the sets but they are good parts packs if you want some 1x1 tiles. I am also planning on getting them.

Ok, thanks! I guess I will pick them up for my birthday!

Hello everyone. I am looking for your advice on what is the best Lego set as my friend has just offered to front the cost of any single LEGO set I want for my birthday. This includes retired sets on Bricklink. That being said, I am looking for your advice on what to get... Any help?

It is so hard to decide!

Thanks,

Legozebra

Well, I would say the Haunted House, the Atlantis sets, or the monorail, of course this is my opinion. :wink:

I have the Haunted House and every Atlantis set... But which monorail do you speak of? I actually only have one (the Futuron one) so any suggestions would be great.

If you really like your friend, a modest set. Otherwise, Millenium Falcon new/sealed all the way!

If you really like your friend, a modest set. Otherwise, Millenium Falcon new/sealed all the way!

I was tempted to say the UCS Millenium Falcon, but I feel that it would be pushing the boundary of our friendship (He, too is a LEGO enthusiast, and I feel that I would have to repay him with something else...)

I am now deciding between the original Blacktron Message Intercept Base of the Classic Space ship (you know, the really iconic one)

Any suggestions?

It would be better if you stated a budget range!

If you want an huge set that you can find with a "human" price yet, you could propose the 10188 Death Star.

If you prefer an old set, the suggested futuron 6990 Monorail is surely a great choice, together with the blacktron 6987 Message Intercept (less valuable, anyway) base or, if you prefer vintage, an old classic space or castle set, such as 6971, 375/6075, etc...

There are many recent castle sets that are very good too, for example the 10193 market village, the 10223 Kingdoms Joust. I like the 7029 very much, too. Moving to pirate there, the Imperial Flagship 10210 is a fantastic set. Or modular buildings.

Returning on licensed sets, the latest Harry Potter Hogwarts castle is a great piece (but I fear that now you can find it very overpriced), the 10236 Ewok Village, the 10237 Tower of Orthanc.

But, in the end, the choice depends on your taste. :wink:

Edited by Calabar

There are many factors which determine what to buy, and here they are:

1- Budget

2- Interest

3- passion

4- memories

5- collection series.

:)

I'm having a $40 set dilemma. Should I buy Scorm's Scorpion Stinger, Spinlyn's Cavern, or Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown? What are the greatest merits of each? I'm looking to fill out my Chima and UA collections, and these are the ones I like most from each theme right now.

Edited by 8BrickMario

• 76004: Spider-Man Spider-Cycle Chase

• 76015: Doc Ock Truck Heist

• 76006: Iron Man Extremis Sea Port Battle

All three are available for the same price, but which one would you folks recommend?

Amazon currently has Batwing Battle over Gotham City for $40. Should I pick it up, or get Arctic Batman vs Mr. Freeze?

Edit: Nevermind, it's been sold

Edited by Gremer

• 76004: Spider-Man Spider-Cycle Chase
  • 76015: Doc Ock Truck Heist
  • 76006: Iron Man Extremis Sea Port Battle

All three are available for the same price, but which one would you folks recommend?

I have heard awesome things about the Spider-Cycle Chase set. Lots of people have called it their favorite set in the entire Spiderman line. Plus, it was released before the other two sets, so it will probably be retiring the soonest.

I would like to purchase a large set, somthing I haven't done in awhile. I'm thinking about Hurricane heist, ultra agents hq, Jabbas sail barge or Arkham Asylum? I know that's pretty broad but it's my interests. Help!!

Would be an easy choice for me.

Arkham Asylum is a milestone in Lego design. Grap it before its gone!

I would like to purchase a large set, somthing I haven't done in awhile. I'm thinking about Hurricane heist, ultra agents hq, Jabbas sail barge or Arkham Asylum? I know that's pretty broad but it's my interests. Help!!

Of those I would say Ultra Agents HQ and by far Arkham Asylum are the better and far more interesting builds. Jabba's Sail barge is some utterly fantastic figures melded to a meh build that doesn't feel anywhere near as satisfying as the original. Hurricane Heist is a strange set. I have it sitting on my desk now. It's oddly fascinating, yet I can't quite decide if I actually like it? It's a very odd set. Very Swooshable, yet really don't know what it is or is supposed to be. Like one of those weird old Jack Kirby comic super vehicles that make no sense whatsoever.

Now, why couldn't I find this topic the other day?

I was going to ask if I should get 8043 for $360 delivered, or Crawler and Sandcrawler for RRP and risk 8043 being even more expensive when I get another opportunity?

I have heard awesome things about the Spider-Cycle Chase set. Lots of people have called it their favorite set in the entire Spiderman line. Plus, it was released before the other two sets, so it will probably be retiring the soonest.

It all really depends on the figures you want.

Nick Fury, War Machine or Doc Ock. (Plus Spider-Man, Iron Man, etc...)

Being an Iron Man fan I would get the Extremis Sea port battle but if not I would highly recommend the Spider Cycle Chase.

Hope I helped!

Alright, which Super Heroes set should I get first (As I'm purchasing all 3 anyway):

76016 Spider-Helicopter Rescue

76018 Hulk Lab Smash

or 76022 X-Men vs. Sentinel?

Edited by TheLegoExperience

I'd say it's a toss up between 76018 and 76022. Both are great sets, and it really depends on if you're more interested in X-Men or Avengers.

This is more of a question on whether I should get a set:

I'm 50/50 split on whether or not I should get Dol Guldur Battle. On one hand the minifigs are fantastic, but Dol Guldur itself seems to be nothing more than a glorified wall. What are your opinions?

Alright, which Super Heroes set should I get first (As I'm purchasing all 3 anyway):

76016 Spider-Helicopter Rescue

76018 Hulk Lab Smash

or 76022 X-Men vs. Sentinel?

If you want a playset, get the Lab. If you want something that looks good, get the Blackbird. Both sets have terrific figures, though, so it's a tossup. Several have said that the X-men set isn't quite worth the price compared to other sets of the same price. Although, you could always make a random choice since you intend to get them all.

Edited by 8BrickMario

This is more of a question on whether I should get a set:

I'm 50/50 split on whether or not I should get Dol Guldur Battle. On one hand the minifigs are fantastic, but Dol Guldur itself seems to be nothing more than a glorified wall. What are your opinions?

I'd get it. I have the set, and even though it's not the best set, it's good. And if you don't like it, it's an excellent parts pack. :thumbup: