I managed to pick up peril in peru set complete but without box for £20

So what are you going to do with 15,000 1x2s?

heh ;)

tscale-main.jpg

That, on the picture is Elesee-Luna ;) (follow the link for the eurobricks thread:)

If you go on my profile, you will find ten more cities like that ;)

What's the bet the person who offered $60 also knew the value but was so greedy felt they should offer less. $80 is an incredible deal, if it was on my local facebook page, the jealous people in my area would be quick to point out they should sell it on ebay for more, they are also the ones who are quick to point out if someone can buy what you are selling cheaper elsewhere, with no interest in buying the product whatsoever. Well done, I'll happily buy it off you once you've finished building it, for $85 :tongue:

Great find! Congrats. I wouldn't mind paying $100 or $150. Because sometimes I feel bad for ripping someone off because I know the real value of the set.

I haven't had that many deals as of lately. My best was at a local yard sale which I found 65153-1 Jango Fett's Slave 1 with Bonus Cargo Case. The box was gone but the Case was in excellent condition with all pieces accounted for. Most of it was still built but just shoved into the case. I ended up striking a deal with the women for $25. The funny thing was she knew it was worth more, because she said she would of put it up on Ebay, but she didn't know how. :tongue:

My Dad got two bags from a Thrift Store and it was filled with Harry Potter pieces and basic bricks only for $2! It was awesome!

At a garage sale I found a ziploc bag with series 3 elf, aang(minifig from the last airbender sets) and like a whole bunch of rare star wars and ninjago minfigs for $5. You might not think that's lucky, but I think it is! :tongue:

At a garage sale I found a ziploc bag with series 3 elf, aang(minifig from the last airbender sets) and like a whole bunch of rare star wars and ninjago minfigs for $5. You might not think that's lucky, but I think it is! :tongue:

I just sold an Aang on ebay for over $15, so you did just fine. I got mine at a garage sale too!

Picked HP Knight Bus clearanced from Walmart for $15. Best deal I've had lately.

The best deal ive ever gotten was i giant box full of lego pieces from all different types of themes. Also found around 50 minifigures in the box. :cry_happy: Only bad thing is that there was non lego bricks mixed with them :cry_sad:. Took a while to seperate thee real from the fake. Best deal i got on a lego set was getting 7931 T-6 Jedi Shuttle for 15 bucks at a local target on clearance. Also found 3315 Olivia's House for $35 at walmart. :blush: Those are basically all my lucky LEGO finds.

Today I found my first 'lucky Lego find'. I went to a retail store to look at some Lego sets and I found set 7965 (Star Wars Millennium Falcon) with a price tag of 75 euro (retail price of 160 euro). Off course I grabbed it immediately and went to the cash register to buy it. But when the cashier scanned the barcode the retail price of 160 euro showed up. Luckily the cashier was not aware of what the correct price should be so she gave it to me for 75 euro. So I bought it with almost a 55% discount of the retail price!

Edited by mcbbvb

Today I found my first 'lucky Lego find'. I went to a retail store to look at some Lego sets and I found set 7965 (Star Wars Millennium Falcon) with a price tag of 75 euro (retail price of 160 euro). Off course I grabbed it immediately and went to the cash register to buy it. But when the cashier scanned the barcode the retail price of 160 euro showed up. Luckily the cashier was not aware of what correct price should be so she gave it to me for 75 euro. So I bought it with almost a 55% discount of the retail price!

Nice one!! :classic:

I once picked up a 10129 UCS Rebel Snowspeeder with Box, Instructions and Stickers all for £70! All on ebay around 5 years ago now. I still have it, now with added dust!

Edited by Darthluke824

I think my best finds are

$5 SW Republic gunship (Newer version) (Mostly complete)

$10-15 ISD (Don't worry... Not UCS)

$5 7893 missing 3 parts that aren't even rare :D

$10 video game for Jabba's barge and 60% of a slave one 2nd gen

Plus some free stuff xD

~JU

I think my best finds are

$5 SW Republic gunship (Newer version) (Mostly complete)

$10-15 ISD (Don't worry... Not UCS)

$5 7893 missing 3 parts that aren't even rare :D

$10 video game for Jabba's barge and 60% of a slave one 2nd gen

Plus some free stuff xD

~JU

Who was selling you this stuff?

Not as great of a find as some, but still pretty happy about it.

Got brand new in box and all: attack on weathertop, mines of moria, and helm's deep for $200.

In store that would've cost me around $360 with tax, almost a 50% discount :D

Got a Hogwarts Express at Chapters (Canadian bookstore) for 50% off original price. There was a sticker on a resealed box saying "some missing pieces- 50% off". I asked the lady at the counter if I could open the box and verify the contents. And to my surprise, all 6 bags were there and the minifigs were in bag 1. But bag six was ripped open and the parts spilled out of the box. So in conclusion, the parts missing were:

1x red 2x4 plate

4x Train Metal Axle

The parts can be easily replaced online so a great deal overall.

Got a Hogwarts Express at Chapters (Canadian bookstore) for 50% off original price. There was a sticker on a resealed box saying "some missing pieces- 50% off". I asked the lady at the counter if I could open the box and verify the contents. And to my surprise, all 6 bags were there and the minifigs were in bag 1. But bag six was ripped open and the parts spilled out of the box. So in conclusion, the parts missing were:

1x red 2x4 plate

4x Train Metal Axle

The parts can be easily replaced online so a great deal overall.

Fantastic deal! I'm a bit jealous to be honest, I had kinda wanted to buy that set as a gift for my brother. The Hogwarts Express had always captivated him a little bit. Now the line's discontinued. :hmpf_bad: Oh well, I guess I'll Bricklink it for him (possibly for Christmas).

I once found 7930 Bounty Hunter Gunships in battered, but still sealed boxes at a Tesco for less than 10 pounds each. Bought three.

Fantastic deal! I'm a bit jealous to be honest, I had kinda wanted to buy that set as a gift for my brother. The Hogwarts Express had always captivated him a little bit. Now the line's discontinued. :hmpf_bad: Oh well, I guess I'll Bricklink it for him (possibly for Christmas).

2 more Hogwarts Express's at my Chapters, at regular price though. :sceptic: Try calling your nearest stores to see if they have any in-stock.