Konajra

MOC: Dutch Coaster 'Fiona'

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everyone,

This is my latest moc. A 125 cm long model of a dutch coaster named Fiona.

I designed it in LDraw about 5 months ago, It took me about 1,5 months. Getting all the bricks together took me a lilte bit longer. So I was able to finish it last week.

The building it self took only 2 weeks. there are apr. 7000 bricks in this ship.

This was my example:

fiona%202.gif

And this is what I made of it in LEGO:

8581781381_88b7b525f5_c.jpg

Coaster Fiona by Konajra, on Flickr

8581781347_274a21d2d3_c.jpg

8581781235_f5e128b330_c.jpg

8582882084_14df7fc4b8_c.jpg

More photos over at flickr.

thanks for reading.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I suspected this would turn up here sooner or later. Like I've already said on Flickr, it's absolutely gorgeous. I think I like your models of older ships better than the modern ones - the colours are very calm and appealing, and there's just something about the look of those sleek old ships that seems just right. A lot has been said about your hull techniques, but you keep improving it all the time - the bow is a more accurate design than I thought possible with LEGO. Well done, again, looking forward to seeing this in Skærbæk?

Oh, and I just have to repeat: I'm hugely impressed by how you've used those helmets, both the normal ones and the aviator caps. Looks great!

Finally, a question that I asked on Flickr, but that you probably missed: At 125 cm, is this your longest ship yet?

Wow! :wub_drool: She is a thing of beauty. I love how you've done the hull - extremely realistic! :thumbup:

And it's on the Frontpage. :wub:

This is absolutely beautiful. Amazing build, I can't believe it was only 2 weeks!

:classic:

It's really stunig, awesome and things like that!

It reminds me from this:

shell-welder-01.jpg

Wooooow this is epic!!!

So much detailing to love about this!!!

Incredibly stunning ship! You have done an excellently fine job of building your rendition of the real ship. The detail is untouchable, and the design is very sleek. Exquisite job, "Konajra". Brick on! :sweet::wub_drool:

.....Finally, a question that I asked on Flickr, but that you probably missed: At 125 cm, is this your longest ship yet?

It is not my biggest :) it is the same lenght as the fairplay/Tyr Viking and the Grampian Defiance will be just as long.

.....And it's on the Frontpage. :wub:

Thanks

The Fiona now looks like this:

fionaalsvictoria2910200.jpg

Yes they changed her a lot. She was for sale but I think I read somewhere she has been scrapped recently.

Very nice MOC! :classic::thumbup: How did you attach the minifig helmets to the posts?

-Toa Of Justice

That is easy: I used a piece of thin lego wire, pulled it through the goggle and into the open stud of the round brick 1x1. I then pushed a lightsaber blade into the round brick, so that the wire got stuck and put tension on the wire just by pulling it just to get the goggle to sit firmly on top of the round brick. Hope I made myself clear.

Edited by Konajra