Okay, i know i said i am not a fan of crane set, but my interest did grew more and more as i spent more and more time here.

Now when I see the picture.... it did not WOWed me at all... Is it me or it looks very damn Bland?

*ducks down in fear of incoming stones...

Wahoooooo :) looks great very impressed, now maybe some info and pictures of 42008 :)

Edit

Wahoooo again look at the box for 42008 behind the crane , it has pneumatic on the box :)

Edited by davidmull

New panels, old panels but now in yellow.

niger.jpg

Edited by pint14

This could very well become the best Technic set since the existence of the theme...

Also interestingly, the switchbox is placed sideways. Could make for some interesting techniques :D By the way, can anyone read the icons on the switchbox?

Just as I said, the gearbox is indeed in the upper structure! I bet there is some new gear which allows slidinga xles for MLA's.

The fourth output must be for the stabilizers, which means that the red lever on the chassis switches between extending and deploying them. This set is awesome.

Looks like the crane sections slide on wheels, nice way to cope with the friction.

Edited by Pauger

Is it just me or does it look it has double wheels on the middle axle?

Nope, just looks so.

This could very well become the best Technic set since the existence of the theme...

Also interestingly, the switchbox is placed sideways. Could make for some interesting techniques :D By the way, can anyone read the icons on the switchbox?

A gearbox for controlling the extension or lift of stabilizers or rotation of superstructure?

Edited by Zblj

Nope, just looks so.

A closer look reveals, that indeed a shadow from an above beam tricked me.

This!

I'm speechless - looks like another Technic Icon in the making. On a side note, the 42008 is all green now? I thought it had some red mixed in before?

By the way, can anyone read the icons on the switchbox?

It looks like one for the hook,one to extend,one to raise,one to slew,the direction of these will be with the battery box at the back.

I wish they would use the metal hook instead, and the hook on the picture actually looks kind of bent. Otherwise it looks like e great set, possible one of the best flagship sets, and of course a must buy. Any idea of what the B-model could be? Maybe just a different superstructure like on the 8421.

Edited by Traktor

This crane is amazing. Two gearboxes, 4 axle steering, two phase motorized stabilizers, 3 section boom...what a great set! The new panels will come in really handy as well. I'm guessing this will probably be the most expensive Technic set produced. My guess is the price will be 25% higher than the last 3 flagship models ($250 USD).

The service truck looks like it has had the colors changed a bit. The red appears to have been replaced with black. :sad: But I love the green, and it's nice to see the pneumatic logo still on the box. :thumbup:

TLG has really raised the bar the last few years. Those designers are creating some amazing sets!

Edited by dhc6twinotter

Just as I said, the gearbox is indeed in the upper structure! I bet there is some new gear which allows slidinga xles for MLA's.

*crosses fingers for a sliding gear*

I have a hard time figuring out a "offical looking" solution without new parts.

It looks like one for the hook,one to extend,one to raise,one to slew,the direction of these will be with the battery box at the back.

Slew? From the Superstructure?

Any idea of what the B-model could be? Maybe just a different superstructure like on the 8421.

Something like this maybe:

crane-truck-truck-with-crane-tow-truck-towing-truck.jpg

Slew? From the Superstructure?

I think so,I think there is a gear box on the bottom half for the outriggers,so what else would the forth function be.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan