I heard something about 199 euro price for 42009 (from someone attending the fair). This makes sense, since it has a little more parts, but they dont have to pay the license fee, plus Unimog has pneumatics, which is very expensive.

I agree with you on the B-model for 8421. Sure it's a big set but there should still have been a proper B-model and not just a new superstructure. I sure hope 42009 changes this. The truck with crane posted a few pages ago would fit nicely. Well any generic truck closer to 8285 and 8258 rather then a crane truck like 8421 and the A-model.

Now it will probably be some sort of crane but if not then a garbage truck would be nice and could use many of the LA:s. But i don't see enough panels to build that.

A garbage truck would be really cool :)

I would look at the trend for flagship B models over the last couple of years before getting too excited. That said, I'm too impressed with the Crane to care at this point. Some of you are really hard to please!

Think ill have to go see bank manager (with out her in doors knowing). Im going to be so in det this year looking at all the stuff i want... :classic:

I would look at the trend for flagship B models over the last couple of years before getting too excited. That said, I'm too impressed with the Crane to care at this point. Some of you are really hard to please!

Maybe that's because we have too many cranes ;)

Maybe that's because we have too many cranes ;)

Ok, so 8421 which a lot of people 'missed out on' and 8053 which isn't even a flagship, over an eight year period.

Edited by Technic Gearhead

Looking at the new mobile crane. Im thinking take the crane of and build a great army truck of some sort.. May but 2 of them

I didn't really like 8053, just felt too small for a crane. So I am glad that a real new one is coming out.

Me too. When I saw 8053, my first thought was: oh no, now we will again have to wait several years for proper crane.

I do not want of offend anyone, but is 200$+ for something that you really want so much to come up with for a grown up with a decent income? It least I do not think it is so much for something that gives me this amount of joy, and compared to what other things in life cost, it is not really that much. To put things in perspective, take for example the price of a beer in a bar. Here I live a beer can cost as much as 18 dollars, only for half a liter. The 200$+ for this great toy that will last almost forever and give you and probably your children a whole lot more joy and pleasure, at least imho. Even though it is probably gone cost 360$ here in Norway, am I most certainly gone buy it.

Edited by Traktor

The 8053 is'nt a bad set, the scale is small. One thing I,ve been thinking about building is a larger version comparable to the 8421. Also remember here in the states is was only 100 bucks, now its double that on Ebay for a NISB issue. I think the 42009 is gonna be one of those sets people will talk about for a long time after it's retired just like the 8421 is today. The big thing to keep in mind is, the 8421 was the first big crane set. So it will all ways hold high reguard with collectors and AFOL's I have two in my collection as do I have two 8110's 8043,s 8265's and 8258's but not one 8053, LOL. Figure that one out

Dan

I do not want of offend anyone, but is 200$+ for something that you really want so much to come up with for a grown up with a decent income? It least I do not think it is so much for something that gives me this amount of joy, and compared to what other things in life cost, it is not really that much. To put things in perspective, take for example the price of a beer in a bar. Here I live a beer can cost as much as 18 dollars, only for half a liter.

It is both individual and country-dependent.

Here, for example, lots of people has monthly salary of about 200$.

Middle class are doing 2x or 3x better, but you get the picture...

I do not want of offend anyone, but is 200$+ for something that you really want so much to come up with for a grown up with a decent income? It least I do not think it is so much for something that gives me this amount of joy, and compared to what other things in life cost, it is not really that much. To put things in perspective, take for example the price of a beer in a bar. Here I live a beer can cost as much as 18 dollars, only for half a liter. The 200$+ for this great toy that will last almost forever and give you and probably your children a whole lot more joy and pleasure, at least imho. Even though it is probably gone cost 360$ here in Norway, am I most certainly gone buy it.

Please don't use the "everything is so expensive in Norway/Scandinavia" argument. It makes me embarrassed. Lego already has a very high cost for being a toy. Too much for many.

Having said that though, the price has been kept down for the last 10-20 years, which is a good thing. Anybody got some figures?

Edited by Pauger

Please don't use the "everything is so expensive in Norway/Scandinavia" argument. It makes me embarrassed. Lego already has a very high cost for being a toy. Too much for many.

Frankly I am not using that argument, my point is that for many people it is just a matter of prioritizing, take under consideration that most of use here are AFOLs. I for example would much rather spent my money on Lego, than waste in on beer, that for the record is ridiculously expensive here, even though you do not like med mentioning it. But of course this is just my opinion, and I can understand that others would look at it differently.

Edited by Traktor

Lego is still worth every penny to me for the enjoyment it brings - it's hard to put a price on that!

I definitely agree with you!

Although I am aware of the fact that this is easier if you can afford to buy every set you want, and then some.

Frankly I am not using that argument, my point is that for many people it is just a matter of prioritizing, take under consideration that most of use here are AFOLs. I for example would much rather spent my money on Lego, than waste in on beer, that for the record is ridiculously expensive here, even though you do not like med mentioning it. But of course this is just my opinion, and I can understand that others would look at it differently.

"I may have to pay 360$ for the crane and still prioritize it, you who only need to pay 220$ should at least be able to prioritize it" is how I understood it. But whatever. My point is that even with the 360$ price tag, it's easier for people in Norway to prioritize it than for almost everybody else.

I'm glad to see these new reinforced nonsliding 8t gears are becoming mainstream:

10928.jpg?1

And the new red sliding gears:3647.gif

I think the crane will just have a new superstructure as:

a. It is a sucessor to 8421

b. In the past 2 years flagships have not changed much of the main model like how the crawler's b model was another body and the unimog's b model was just another attachment

"You probably won't.......talk yourself out of it :wink:"

@Gekke Ted: You were right. I decided to spill out the cash and go for it. At $220, its simply irresistible... 8.4 cents per part... wow...

For me it looks like this right now:

31313 Mindstorms EV3

W745501 Mindstorms Ev3 Rechargeable battery pack

Extra Ev3 Touch sensor

EV3 Ultrasonic Sensor

8836 Sky ranger (already ordered)

Ev3 Expansion kit

2 25cm Ev3 connector cables

42009 Mobile crane

Maybe 8480 Space shuttle

And a partridge in a pear tree....

I am guessing $300CDN for the crane, and $180CDN for the service truck. I might just have to wait and hope a amerifriend can get me them so I can keep my budget in line.

Or a shopping road trip to the USA. :classic:

"You probably won't.......talk yourself out of it :wink:"

@Gekke Ted: You were right. I decided to spill out the cash and go for it. At $220, its simply irresistible... 8.4 cents per part... wow...

For me it looks like this right now:

31313 Mindstorms EV3

W745501 Mindstorms Ev3 Rechargeable battery pack

Extra Ev3 Touch sensor

EV3 Ultrasonic Sensor

8836 Sky ranger (already ordered)

Ev3 Expansion kit

2 25cm Ev3 connector cables

42009 Mobile crane

Maybe 8480 Space shuttle

And a partridge in a pear tree....

Hehe :laugh: (I know how you feel)

For me it's CTRL+A on the 2013 sets (maybe I will skip the pull back cars, although the small wheels are always useful).

And I am pretty sure about:

2 EV3 sets

2 EV3 smaller (medium?) motors

And possibly some additional components, like:

Motor Multiplexers, Sensor Multiplexers, extra touch sensors, extra IR sensors

The rechargeable battery is indeed on my list. Probably need two of those as well. Maybe I need to move some of these purchases to 2014 though. Something with rebuilding the first floor of our house and my girlfriend needing a summer vacation together :wink:

I'm glad to see these new reinforced nonsliding 8t gears are becoming mainstream:

10928.jpg?1

And the new red sliding gears:3647.gif

I have ordered 20 of the new 8 tooth gears on Bricklink and I must say they are a REAL improvement. Much more robust and they obviously don't slide into holes anymore. Looking forward to the new sliding gear. Wonder what people come up with, using this new marvel.

Edited by Gekke Ted

Hehe :laugh: (I know how you feel)

For me it's CTRL+A on the 2013 sets (maybe I will skip the pull back cars, although the small wheels are always useful).

And I am pretty sure about:

2 EV3 sets

2 EV3 smaller (medium?) motors

And possibly some additional components, like:

Motor Multiplexers, Sensor Multiplexers, extra touch sensors, extra IR sensors

The rechargeable battery is indeed on my list. Probably need two of those as well. Maybe I need to move some of these purchases to 2014 though. Something with rebuilding the first floor of our house and my girlfriend needing a summer vacation together :wink:

I have ordered 20 of the new 8 tooth gears on Bricklink and I must say they are a REAL improvement. Much more robust and they obviously don't slide into holes anymore. Looking forward to the new sliding gear. Wonder what people come up with, using this new marvel.

CTRL+A is for EV3 related stuff. The sliding gears will be very useful in my batmobile project with the sliding out dual concussion guns...

CollectionDX posted this

of the Year 2013 Lego Technic sets shown at the New York Toy Fair: