New trailer, finally with some dialogue! Story-wise it seems a lot like A Land Before Time with a cave-boy thrown in and I still have to get used to the dino designs, but Spot seems very lovable and it looks like an overall enjoyable movie.

New trailer, finally with some dialogue! Story-wise it seems a lot like A Land Before Time with a cave-boy thrown in and I still have to get used to the dino designs, but Spot seems very lovable and it looks like an overall enjoyable movie.

Wow, i actually tought the T-Rex's where bully's, turns out they are just helping him!

Wow, i actually tought the T-Rex's where bully's, turns out they are just helping him!

Yeah, I guess the movie is already teaching us a lesson: Don't judge. :grin:

By the way, mark your calendars!

Cars 3 - June 16, 2017

Coco - November 22, 2017

Toy Story 4 - June 15, 2018

The Incredibles 2 - June 21, 2019

There's also two untitled Pixar films slated for March 13, 2020, and June 19, 2020. Can't wait to see what those will be! :sweet: Probably Cars 4 and Toy Story 5 (that's supposed to be a joke, but it's actually more likely than I'm willing to admit :look: ).

Yeah, I guess the movie is already teaching us a lesson: Don't judge. :grin:

By the way, mark your calendars!

Cars 3 - June 16, 2017

It's concerning that we've heard nothing of Cars 3 and some stuff of Toy Story 4, despite Cars 3 coming sooner.

So did anyone else watch The Good Dinosaur? Personally, I'd call it The Mediocre Dinosaur. It wasn't bad - it was certainly cute and gorgeous to look at - but it just felt like I had seen all this before. If you saw the trailer, you've practically seen the movie. As I feared, the story is basically the same as A Land Before Time and I feel that they didn't do enough with the premise. The only thing that was different from other dinosaur movies was that humans and dinos coexist and that the dinos are slightly more evolved as they have figured out farming. Why didn't they go all the way with it? Why not show a modern day earth where dinosaurs are the dominant species and humans are pets or something? I think they could have gotten so much more creative with the idea of dinosaurs not getting extinct. Perhaps I wouldn't have been so disappointed if this movie wouldn't have come out so shortly after Inside Out, one of the best films Pixar has ever made, but as it is, it seems like nothing special, which is kinda bad for the Pixar standard. Sanjay's Super Team was pretty cool, though, and I look forward to Finding Dory.

Speaking of dinosaurs... THIS SHOW NEEDS TO EXIST NOW!!!

To me, I felt the Good Dinosaur was meant to be a short that got extended. There wasn't enough story to be its own movie, like you said Oky it could've been better.

But also I was okay with it because it was beautiful. There is no movie in comparison that put that much detail to the landscapes, and for that reason only I was glad I watched it on the big screen.

Finding Dory, Toy Story 4, Incredibles 2 are all going to be great movies but I know I will enjoy it just as much at a theater or just at home on my computer.

Speaking of dinosaurs... THIS SHOW NEEDS TO EXIST NOW!!!

Oh if Pixar had given Studio Trigger full rights. If Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill are anything to go by, it would have been glorious.

1. Good dinosaur is just a classic cowboy movie with lost boy and his new found dog.

2. For me it was the worst Pixar Movie to date- too predictible, trying to hard to be sad and emotional, and that's no Pixar way.

3. If they don't impress me with Dory- i'm out. I loved her character in first movie.

4. Sanjay's Super Team was VERY entertaining and well designed! It was quite suprising actualy!

Somebody made an "Outside Edition" of Inside Out. Pretty neat, although it makes Riley look a little nuts. :grin:

http://www.dorkly.com/post/76932/inside-out-minus-all-the-inside-scenes-is-trippy-and-awesome

Finding Dory, Toy Story 4, Incredibles 2 are all going to be great movies but I know I will enjoy it just as much at a theater or just at home on my computer.

Whatever you do, don't pirate movies. Go to the theater or at least rent them and support great movie making.

Ever seen Cars 2?

Cars 2 wasn't that bad. It was clearly aimed at kids, but I enjoyed it for what it was. At least it had some neat action scenes, whereas in The Good Dinosaur there wasn't much interesting aside from some pretty landscapes. That's pretty bad when the most interesting thing about a movie is the backgrounds. In other words, Cars 2 is a "so bad it's good" movie whereas TGD is just kind of boring which is the worst kind of movie in my book. I felt the same way about MU. I would argue that TGD was probably aimed at kids too, but the kids at the theater that I saw it at were restless throughout the whole movie, so I guess they must have been bored by it too. So, while I wouldn't call any Pixar movie bad, I agree with Lordofdragonss that this is the worst one so far.

The CGI of the water in Good Dinosaur is simply ridiculous/incredible. The pure computing horsepower at Pixar has to be enormous.

Edited by rollermonkey

Ever seen Cars 2?

I never understandand why people hated it. For me it was very well made Spy-movie parody with (once again) great car designs. And Polish Dubbing helped because we get many car-related stars for dubbing, and that's cool.

I never understandand why people hated (Cars 2). For me it was very well made Spy-movie parody with (once again) great car designs. And Polish Dubbing helped because we get many car-related stars for dubbing, and that's cool.

I am right along with this. It was a lot like Bill Murray's "The Man who Knew Too Little" (a work of comedic genius) but with Mater. Sure, there are holes in the plot, but the humor and action keeps up throughout, and the movie never feels long. It is far superior to its original. Admittedly, there are few people out there who try and defend Cars I, but I found the second really entertaining with top-notch voice acting (from the original cast--I can't speak to any translations or dubbing).

I have not seen TGD; I probably won't. Maybe someday, but I'm not really planning on it.

I'm not as confident about Toy Story 4. I think it could be a mistake; Toy Story 3 rounded the franchise perfectly.

I am right along with this. It was a lot like Bill Murray's "The Man who Knew Too Little" (a work of comedic genius) but with Mater. Sure, there are holes in the plot, but the humor and action keeps up throughout, and the movie never feels long. It is far superior to its original. Admittedly, there are few people out there who try and defend Cars I, but I found the second really entertaining with top-notch voice acting (from the original cast--I can't speak to any translations or dubbing).

I have not seen TGD; I probably won't. Maybe someday, but I'm not really planning on it.

My thoughts as well. I enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the next film.

I'm not as confident about Toy Story 4. I think it could be a mistake; Toy Story 3 rounded the franchise perfectly.

I believe Toy Story 4 will be a prequel and that it'll be based off of Woody's and Bo Peep's love story.

I believe Toy Story 4 will be a prequel and that it'll be based off of Woody's and Bo Peep's love story.

No, it's a sequel. It is based on Woody and Bo Peep's romantic relationship though.

What bothers me about cars isnt the story or the idea. Its their eyes. I could never get over the fact that Pixar made the design choice to make the eyes the windshield and not the front lights (sorry I live in an area with amazing public transportation so I know little about cars.)

When I look at a car in real life the front lights and grill or front bumper always look like a face to me. I know that has been done before in cartoons but hey I think thats what works the best.

Otherwise I never disliked cars, I will admit I sortve liked the first one but ive never been inclined to rewatch it a second time.

Edited by Forresto

http://christiantime...ision/56433.htm

Finally! We've got some interesting plot details about Cars 3, it's good to see the plot is about McQueen again, I'll be interested to see where they take it from here.

Finally? Was anyone really chomping at the bit for Cars 3 news? :tongue:Thanks for sharing it though. More Pixar news is always good news!

What bothers me about cars isnt the story or the idea. Its their eyes. I could never get over the fact that Pixar made the design choice to make the eyes the windshield and not the front lights (sorry I live in an area with amazing public transportation so I know little about cars.)

When I look at a car in real life the front lights and grill or front bumper always look like a face to me. I know that has been done before in cartoons but hey I think thats what works the best.

I know what you mean, but I like with their choice. As you said, the headlight-eyes design has been done before a lot because it is the obvious choice, and while the windshield-eyes aren't completely original either, they're still more unique. The big eyes also allow the animators to convey expressions better. Plus having the windshields be the eyes allows them to anthropomorphize vehicles that don't have headlights like forklifts and aircraft. Or Lightning himself for that matter. :tongue:

Cars 3... I still maintain that this is a mindless cash grab sequel... doesn't even sound that interesting.

I have to agree. It just sounds like the same plot of the first movie which was already recycled for Planes. That's one of the things I liked about Cars 2 - that movie at least tried to do something different.

I thought Zootopia was a really good movie even though it seemed shorter then usual. I'm looking forward to the incredibles 2 and toy story 4. Finding dory seems interesting. Also I'm really looking forward to Ice Age 5 even though it's not Pixar/Disney related.