CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

I hope they change the warrior woman a bit. I welcome every fighting woman as much as all of us do , but she looks a bit... for lack of a better word... plain. I don't mean boobwise. She appears to have no direct historical context, no specific heraldry apart from that bird, not specific story behind her. I love reddish brown because it is part of my armys color scheme, but the warrior woman could use some more different color. I will buy lots of her anyway and change her, but this just crossed my mind.

Her head might make a good (the first?) yellow female elf head due to the lines on the cheek.

Hi guys,

Found a photo, don't know if it has been posted allready.

Cheers,

Pally

Thanks for the photo. Looks like a some real winners in this series (but sadly some duds too). The Old Man, Nerd Girl and Sea Captain will go great with my Arkham city project while the Medusa will be a nice new creature for my Castle/Fantasy guys to fight.

She appears to have no direct historical context, no specific heraldry apart from that bird, not specific story behind her.

No context? Bollocks! :grin:

250px-Returnofcallisto_02.jpg

I hope they change the warrior woman a bit. I welcome every fighting woman as much as all of us do , but she looks a bit... for lack of a better word... plain. I don't mean boobwise. She appears to have no direct historical context, no specific heraldry apart from that bird, not specific story behind her.

I think she is better viewed as a Fantasy type piece rather than a Historical. She falls into that same general category as the expected Conan type Barbarian fig possibly in series 11?

No context? Bollocks! :grin:

250px-Returnofcallisto_02.jpg

Ohhh, I didn't realise that connection.

Ok, I changed my mind. Who needs a context when you can have a golden bra?

According to the press release for the Doring Kindsley 2013 books (the ones that do all the lego sticker books and visual dictionaries) the toy soldier is confirmed as the exclusive figure that will come with the CMF collectors books.

According to the press release for the Doring Kindsley 2013 books (the ones that do all the lego sticker books and visual dictionaries) the toy soldier is confirmed as the exclusive figure that will come with the CMF collectors books.

Woot. That means that the revolutionary soldier will be actually collectable? Fantastic. Wigs ahoy!

I heard that too. I can't wait to get multiples of the Revolutionary soldier. I would expect them to make him more plentiful with the new distribution set-up.

Is the Tomahawk Warrior has tomahawk and the Warrior Woman has spear? I can't wait for the official pictures of this series.

Is the Tomahawk Warrior has tomahawk and the Warrior Woman has spear? I can't wait for the official pictures of this series.

That would be the most likely combination. The Tomahawk was created as a more Native American design, and the spear seems to go better with the Greek/mythological feel to the Xena'ish fig.

Best looking figures so far in terms of originality and execution are bumblebee, toy soldier n medusa.

With good accessories, painter, diva, captain n skydiver.

The rest kinda lack lustre at this point, it will be interesting to see how tlg will pull off the bald head for the old man.

Very excited about the Roman Commander and the Colonial Soldier. The Tomahawk Warrior might also be interesting, depending on what it looks like.

I'm... confused as to what the Golden Minifig thing means. 8 in the world? Are they actually... gold? Stupid question, as that would make them much more heavy. So gold-plated/chromed, in which case, there must be something else attached to them if there's only 8. Maybe it's a ticket you redeem for an actual gold minifigure.

Or are there 16 regular ones, and then 8 gold-variants or somesuch? Gah, as I get older, I find myself less excited by leaks and more nervous instead. I need to stay off the internet until all the info is available.

Edited by IAmWillGibson

Oh no. I can't feel color through a bag very well. :(

Tempted to buy a whole box of like 60 or so CMFs of this series then just to make sure i get at least one Gold fig or whatever ;) though i agree, we need more solid info!

According to Brick Fanatics report from London Toy Fair: "Series 10 of the Collectable Minifigs will be gold and in the series will be 8 golden minifigs hidden to find, expect this series to be massive."

I'm more worried about finding matching gold-color bricks to match the color of the series. With S9, I'll probably use Gray. With S10, perhaps Tan (yellow already used for S1).

Really not happy about the golden minifigure idea. :thumbdown:

-Sci

Awful.

Yeah, I mean what am I supposed to do with a stupid, gold chromed minifig? That will be a pain in the megablocks when I have to scratch of the chrome with a knife.

???

???

???

Stupid promotional items that noone cares about. It´s not like it´s making your collection incomplete, except you are actively trying to get everything that ever existed with LEGOs name on it.

Maybe they're not completely chrome or pearl colored, but rather it's just a special print/paint effect? Bedazzled disco guy, anyone?

Some information from FBTB:

http://www.fbtb.net/...13-other-stuff/

What was interesting was the Collectable Minifigures bit … whilst no new figures were on display, they did confirm that Series 10 would be out around May and Series 11 would be seen in November (although the catalogue says September).

Series 10 appears to have a “Find Mr Gold” promotion, and although the details were pretty limited, it seems that there might be a single gold figure in the box somewhere. The guy we were with didn’t know if it was in place of one of the 16, or in addition or whether it would be a unique gold figure or a gold version of one of the 16. Still, one to look out for … it’s ok if you buy a whole box and sell the spares, but it’ll be a pain for those that buy figures as and when they can!

Series 10 will be in gold packaging (maybe that’s why there’s the chase figure promotion?) and Series 11 will be in green.

Still no real details on the gold thing. Sounds like TLG should have put a more informed employee on the floor, though. My conjecture is that if it's really called "Find Mr Gold", that there's probably just one unique gold fig, and probably one per box or less. As minifig Han Solo says, "I've got a bad feeling about this".

Edited by Zeya

Between the new Minifig ratios and the new golden Minifigs I think I will be only getting ones I can incorporate into city. These are getting to be just like Disney’s Vinylmation series one complete set the rest filler and one gold chaser that is only avalible on ebay for 35 dollars.