CM4Sci

LEGO Castle 2013

Well, I'm sure I'm not the target demographic anymore (or ever was, being female), but even when I was a kid, I was not interested in combat between good guys/bad guys, but I still much preferred fantasy/sci fi settings over city. I'll have to see better pictures before I decide for sure, but if the heraldry is too similar to my other factions, I'll probably pass on these sets. Too bad, but I'm sure there will be other castle sets in the future.

Top of the LEGO stand

Photo from the toyfair courtesy from Brickset

Lower left corner you can see the red dragon from Castle theme! Looks like the fantasy era dragons are coming back!

Hmm...the lower right corner, there looks to be an old white horse pictured on the wall(LotR?)

Hmm...the lower right corner, there looks to be an old white horse pictured on the wall(LotR?)

I think that the white horse is part of the Lone Ranger display.

by the way is the dragon the exact same as the Fantasy era Dragon or is it now red instead of being dark red. It looks brighter according to the picture of it on the wall from the toy fair.

Thank you to everyone who had been contributing to this thread, I just came back to Lego and Kingdoms was always my favorite theme growing up (I just didn't own much if any). After buying MMV just before Christmas I've been craving anything Kingdoms. I'll definitely be picking up at least 1 of each of the kingdom sets when they're released.

yeah, i'm happy to head a new castle for this year.

My first castle is the knight castle 6073 in 1984 in my birsday, i hope the 6080 but so expensive from my parents.

last year my dad said me, i think i have in the attic, a lot of your lego.

And wahou !!! the 6073 complet and the siege tower 6061.

A big pleasure to rebuild it with my children.

But she said me, your castle is small.....

I see no mention of a horse for Forest Ambush in that report. The cart mentioned is similar to what October said. They also did not mention a dog in the set.

• 70400 Forest ambush, £8, two knights pulling a cart loaded with gold being ambushed by two baddies from behind a tree.

Oops! Guess I read what I wanted to read. :blush:

I saw photos on 2013 catalog. Well, I'm very disappointed. These new sets are orrible.

Did you take pics so that we can see if your opinion is right about the sets? From what i have seen so far online they look great. Will need better, larger pictures though.

Did you take pics so that we can see if your opinion is right about the sets? From what i have seen so far online they look great. Will need better, larger pictures though.

Hello Kermit,

probably, I'll see my friend Thursday. I'll make photos so everyone can see them.

Take some pics of other themes as well, share them, and you'll be regarded as an Eurobricks hero :laugh:.

Take some pics of other themes as well, share them, and you'll be regarded as an Eurobricks hero :laugh:.

I hate to support preliminaries, but please do take photos of the Friends sets. :grin:

Back on topic, I'm so conflicted about this theme. I think I'll just pick up the smaller sets.

I'm pretty sure that the pictures Sered would show us from the retailer catalogue would be the same as the ones we have already seem, as I assume that his retailer catalogue is the same one. Apologies in advance if I'm mistaken in this assumption.

I'm pretty sure that the pictures Sered would show us from the retailer catalogue would be the same as the ones we have already seem, as I assume that his retailer catalogue is the same one. Apologies in advance if I'm mistaken in this assumption.

I believe you are correct; however, the ones we have seen were very grainy and hard to make out. If Sered takes a photo focusing on one set at a time, then we can get real detail and form our own opinions on how good the sets might be.

Sered, thank you for taking your own photos of these. I look forward to seeing them.

From those small catalog photos, I'm liking what I see too.

I believe you are correct; however, the ones we have seen were very grainy and hard to make out. If Sered takes a photo focusing on one set at a time, then we can get real detail and form our own opinions on how good the sets might be.

Sered, thank you for taking your own photos of these. I look forward to seeing them.

I second this notion.

Do as many themes as you can too.:grin:

No worries ;)

That's it, but the photos are big and one page is all for the main castle so you can see very well.

I'm pretty sure that the pictures Sered would show us from the retailer catalogue would be the same as the ones we have already seem, as I assume that his retailer catalogue is the same one.

Even if the pics are the same, I think it would be nice to have some bigger and better ones than the small ones we got so far.

I saw photos on 2013 catalog. Well, I'm very disappointed. These new sets are orrible.

Could you please explain why you think these new sets are "[h]orrible" and maybe describe them in more detail?

Do you think they are too "<insert that tiresome argument>" and have too many big pieces and not enough details? Are they just basic copies of sets that we have seen recently? Are the models not realistic enough? Do you not like the colors or the faction symbols? Are there no exciting new building parts or armor/weapons?

In case you guys have not seen it yet. These pictures were posted on a flicker stream over at brickset: From German toy fair

I was able to see the catalogue Sered saw (we are friends) and I nearly agree with him.

New sets are just replicae of something already seen.

The big castle that rufnek82 posted is really nothing new, nor are all the stuff I saw.

I just was able to see 3 pro-s and they are:

-The new horses

-The new barding for those

-The fact that the smallest set contains 4 minifigures.

To me it will all depend on the price of the sets. Will be these cheap, I will buy them as enforcements for my troops. Will be these expensive, I will pass on them.

Too bad, really, it was a real big opportunity to bring the castle to its shiny times.

Let's not exaggerate: there are plenty of small bricks included in the set - and most importantly, the minifigs look quite good. Clearly this range is aimed at younger Castle fans, but for the AFOLs there's still LOTR.

The minifigs look briliant, but I am sad there are reusing the most ugly helmet on baddies... (The KK ones) But I do like the funky Dragonpult!

Castle look very nice. Nothing new, but I like that they finaly made the corner pieces!

8431324403_702f14b1d6_b.jpg

Edited by I Scream Clone

More or less what I anticipated from the preliminary. Which is not particularly a good thing. (To me, at least, I can see what they were aiming for.) Very similar to the first Knight's Kingdom.

hmm, new horse stuff looks bad IMO, figures are cool, castle is really aimed at kids though. will not be buying, might get forest raid depending on how it is

this is just horrible. an awful step back to 2000-2005 era. I'm skipping castle big time this year. more money for other themes though