CM4Sci

LEGO Castle 2013

Until I see official pics I don't really have an opinion on the sets, the prices do seem good though :classic:

I sure hope they'll be good for parts anyway.

And since it is not a licensed theme the prices might be good even in Sweden :D

And don't you just hate when you write å, ä or ö instead of p, ' and so... :S

prices are solid. I've already put the money on side for the whole wave, but I'll see will it be worth the money.

If you got any pics, please PM me them or PM me the link for the pics!

Edited by Artifex

So USA prices are about:

70400 Forest ambush $10

70401 Horse carriage getaway $25

70402 Gatehouse raid $30-$35

70403 Dragon peak $45

70404 King's castle $105

I multiplied the Euro prices by 1.33 then rounded them off to the nearest $5.

So for about $110 I could get all but the King's Castle, just have to wait and see what the sets are like and most importantly what the minifigs are like.

Can't say I'm too disappointed with a new dragon faction. It's better than rereleasing crownies or the last dragon theme. Each dragon shield so far has been significantly different than the last, and it's feasible to have a variety of types of dagons. Now Lion...again...that's a different story entirely.

It's disappointing that we're getting yet another Lion and Dragon faction, particularly with Kingdoms still a recent memory.

Still - it's castle so no doubt I will pick up a set or two.

I am interested in a blue lion theme, but then again, I love crown knights and wish I would have bought more, so these will be welcome similar colored additions to my armies. Also, lion + blue = Kaliphlin in GoH. Sounds good to me. I do wish a non-dragon symbol was chosen for the other faction though. Unicorn or Pegasus maybe?

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I am pretty excited about these sets. I just started to focus on building a castle army and this looks like a great starting point for me.

Ive just went to a small store where i live. There were 2 Kingdoms sets that i have never seen before..... Just very very small sets. I didnt pay much attention to them. But now after having left the store i felt like i could use them. Having tried to look them up on brickpedia and google looking for pictures they are now where to be found, so im imagining they could be new. The set contained just one soldier with a sword and a very small castle structure ( My guess would be some 30-40 bricks) . The price was 80 danish kroners = 16$ .... Usually a set this size would cost some 8$ in the US i bet .... Any suggestions to which set i saw ? .... Or i might run straight down there to buy them both.

PS: I usually takes pictures of sets that catches my interest but this didnt till i left the store ... So i cant even help with set number for now unfortunately.

Maybe 6193?

Joe

I am honestly torn, since I army built extensively with the Crown armies. I am curious how similar the coloration will be with the Lion nights in this new theme, and if they might blend easily, coloration wise.

So dragons instead of wolves huh... the only one that seems intresting to me is the dragon peak

Edited by Erikur

I got to say that the King's Castle is growing on me. Although I don't like the mix-and-match of the chose colors and bricks (that brown is definetely out of place to my eyes), the design seems nice enough. A main keep/gatehouse, 3 high towers. Yeah, it is growing on me.

Top of the LEGO stand

Photo from the toyfair courtesy from Brickset

Lower left corner you can see the red dragon from Castle theme! Looks like the fantasy era dragons are coming back!

There's a report on the new castle sets on brickset from the London toy fair...

http://www.brickset....rticle/?ID=5562

Very interesting report, thanks. While still dissapointed with the poor choice of repetitive factions, it does sound like the sets themselves are at least somewhat interesting.

There's a report on the new castle sets on brickset from the London toy fair...

http://www.brickset....rticle/?ID=5562

Interesting. Glad to hear that the smallest set does in fact have one of those new horses in it. Plus four 'figs and some foliage pieces thanks to the tree.

Sounds like I'll be picking up a few of those regardless of how the other sets turn out. :classic:

Interesting. Glad to hear that the smallest set does in fact have one of those new horses in it. Plus four 'figs and some foliage pieces thanks to the tree.

Sounds like I'll be picking up a few of those regardless of how the other sets turn out. :classic:

I see no mention of a horse for Forest Ambush in that report. The cart mentioned is similar to what October said. They also did not mention a dog in the set.

• 70400 Forest ambush, £8, two knights pulling a cart loaded with gold being ambushed by two baddies from behind a tree.

I might get interested in this theme, if only because of the dragon. Too bad the dragon will probably be nearly identical to the Fantasy ones, with only a few minor color changes. Hoping for some interesting details, perhaps some dragon eggs or hatchlings. Since I have few dogs, that's interesting for me too.

Anyway, my main complaint concerning the Fantasy dragons is that they're kind of too small for me, and I for one prefer dragons with similar-size front and back legs. Here's hoping that LEGO will actually make a big set where the dragon is the focus, as the closest LEGO has done was the Armored Ofnir (right name, right? :laugh:) Dragon.

Edited by DraikNova

I see no mention of a horse for Forest Ambush in that report. The cart mentioned is similar to what October said. They also did not mention a dog in the set.

• 70400 Forest ambush, £8, two knights pulling a cart loaded with gold being ambushed by two baddies from behind a tree.

Maybe he did not noticed the dog.

Edited by october

With the support of you guys interested in the sets, they're going to be making nicer and nicer sets :wub: I'm really happy about that.

I'm extremely excited about the new sets coming out and I'm so glad that Lego listened to us regarding the battle packs that we've

always wanted. The Forest Ambush set in a way offers what us battle pack fans want - lots of figures within a small box to build

massive armies. The 2007 line had three minifigures (skeleton in one) and the 2013 small set will have 4 ! That's amazing ! ! That's

Lego following exactly what many of us have been saying on these forums. It's not a true battle pack but it comes close enough for me

so I'm totally stoked. I guess I'm too in love with the Castle line for further criticism here - I really love the new sets coming out and will

continue to follow the line as it continues grow and continue : ) ! It IS peculiar in a way to have two lion factions side by side and two

dragon factions side by side though so somehow that's all gotta work out in our heads but having said that, I'm still very happy :laugh: !!!

To AlphaQuad and 09holded, thanks so much for the new info !! :thumbup: You guys are awesome! :laugh:

Edited by legobear

I was never able to purchase the Fantasy Era dragons. I have the Hungarian Horntail and from Vikings I got two of the small wyverns. This time I should be able to get this type of dragon, but may mod it with Dino Attack/2010 parts. I'm also considering Galidor parts for a mostly brick built dragon.