Current prices for the following models

--- $240.00 (Toysrus store only - Milwaukee USA)

--- $220.00 (Lego store only - Milwaukee USA)

--- $140.00 (Toysrus store only - Milwaukee USA)

--- $130.00 (Lego store only - Milwaukee USA)

Edited by xbatmanx

I was under the impression that LEGO is going to sell the crane for $219.99 USD. At least that is what some of the links posted here in the past have stated.

$239.99 sounds about right for TRU since they usually have a ~10% hike on their stuff in the U.S.

I wonder if I should go ahead and preorder the 42009 through the eBay seller for $199. Seems like a decent price and he has free shipping.

So TRU and Lego are selling the crane at the same price. That doesn't seem right, does it?

I was under the impression that LEGO is going to sell the crane for $219.99 USD. At least that is what some of the links posted here in the past have stated.

$239.99 sounds about right for TRU since they usually have a ~10% hike on their stuff in the U.S.

I apologize... I was going to type $220.00 for Lego store (for 42009)... I corrected my post.

I just converted the 42009 price, and it will cost like $ 320 here *huh* 42008 is around $ 185. I wish we had your prices :blush:

Think i saw the 1800kr price when the set was up at S@H. I do hope it will be cheaper but we will have to wait :(

In this link http://www.lego.com/...truction/42009/ you can check the prices for the various sets both released and not released on s@h by clicking on the shopping cart icon to the right. The address in it is this one. http://shop.lego.com...42009#shopxlink which should show you the prices in the currency you have used before on s@h. Just edit the link for the set you want. The price for 42009 in SEK is 2199 compared to 1999 for the 9398 crawler. That would be $338 and $307 respectively. :angry: No wonder i rarely shop at s@h. I've seen some preliminary prices on other stores for 1600 SEK and 2 for around 1800 SEK. Amazon wants 1488 SEK. :wacko: I'll wait for now until it's properly released before ordering but this shows that it's good to compare prices.

Edit

The service truck is 1299 SEK. To bad it doesn't list the boss crawler on that first link. BTW switching from where the second link takes you to the normal technic section doesn't let you see the new sets. Only following the shopping cart link for the respective sets does.

Edited by EyesOnly

My strategy right now is getting the 41999 the day it drops at S@H and wait for sale on the 42008 and 42009, either from Amazon or TRU buy 1 get one 50% off. I want all three. Always wanted a mobile crane, but didn't like the last iteration. Looks way too skinny and the out triggers are just weak. I have the 9398 already, but nobody says you can't have 2 or more of the same thing, even though it's not. The service truck just looks fantastic! I was so looking forward to getting the 42000 F1 racer because I missed out on the 8458 Silver Champion back in the day, but it was such a let down that I scratched the purchase. Basically none of the 2013 1H models caught my interest.

One of my local LEGO stores has the Service Truck and Crane in stock. No Exclusive Crawler yet.

The local TRU also had the Service Truck.

My local LEGO store (Seattle) had all of the new sets (not counting 41999) so I picked up all of them. TRU had everything except the crane.

42009 is amazing!!! But man do they have issues with the yellows! Beams 2x4 L-Shape, liftarm thin 1x3, axle joiner perpendicular, tile 1x6 and plate 1x6 almost look orange...

And some of my light bley 13 beams are almost old grey

Similar issues with other people?

Edited by merman

42009 and 42008 now on Argos. Both need to be Order Into Store.

Their website are not updated yet, but it's on their book.

42009 £179.99

42008 £99.99

Edited by Daniel-Technic

42009 is amazing!!! But man do they have issues with the yellows! Beams 2x4 L-Shape, liftarm thin 1x3, axle joiner perpendicular, tile 1x6 and plate 1x6 almost look orange...

And some of my light bley 13 beams are almost old grey

Similar issues with other people?

The set has so many parts, it messed up the sorting system at the LEGO factory? Perhaps I really should wait on the 42008 and 42009 for a while before I make the purchase so they can iron out any 1st print issues. Still getting the 41999 though! Gonna have RC racing between the 9398 and the 41999. Bwahahhahaha.

I just ordered 42009 from Amazon UK, plus 42006, could not resist since it is almost half the price compared to Norway. Ended up paying 214 pounds for both. ETA Aug 1. - Aug 2. To other Norwegian here, I would recommend you to also buy from Amazon UK if you want it as fast and cheap as possible, since there are no signs from toysrus.no. Only 42009 shipped to Norway with customs dealt with and priority shipping, costs about 170 pounds, or about 1550 NOK. Not bad IMO.