Anyway, could (and want) you make a picture of your sets too? I'm particuarly intersted in how you stored them?

I second this request as well :grin: I'm also looking for good ideas to store sets at the moment!

Apologies for the weird ghosting but I took several photos and stitched them together into a panorama.

all2011.jpg

That was as of 2011. Add 9395, 9396, 9397, 9398, 42007, um... some eBay miscellania, a couple of 8428s.

The studded sets are now all taken apart and stored in the attic with their boxes. Anything post-dark-ages is broken down and sorted in Really Useful plastic boxes.

I almost have too much Lego.

Nice collection,you can never have too much Lego... :grin:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Nice collection,you can never have too much Lego... :grin:

There are quite a few wives that would beg to differ...

There are quite a few wives that would beg to differ...

GF bought 8421 for me five or so years ago. it's all her fault!

Here is a new picture of my Setup.. :classic: Enjoy ! :laugh:

8414695788_c4a8a83127_z.jpg

Genuine question, but where do you keep large panels and long beams for example. The screw-drawers don't look big enough?

I ask because when I start a new build I find myself running out of space due to those all being in separate, possibly too-large, boxes. It's actually inhibiting a smooth workflow because I have to think about getting a box out, then putting it away, then possibly taking it out again. P.I.T.A.

I love all of your small part magazines. I know what it's like to have otherwise... I have massive drawers... like 1 foot by 1 foot.

Genuine question, but where do you keep large panels and long beams for example. The screw-drawers don't look big enough?

I ask because when I start a new build I find myself running out of space due to those all being in separate, possibly too-large, boxes. It's actually inhibiting a smooth workflow because I have to think about getting a box out, then putting it away, then possibly taking it out again. P.I.T.A.

I keep all of my panels, wheels, etc. ... in the drawers on the right side of the desk. My lego bricks are all in a box underneath the desk on the left side.. :wink:

In the picture the drawers look not so big indeed, but there is enough room for my lego stuff... :sweet:

Edited by _techniclego55_

After seeing all these nice setups I decided that it is about time that I show you mine.

My LEGO collection is literally jammed in between my other two hobbies: Home Cinema and Pinball.

IMG_2534.jpg

IMG_2536.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

In my basement, which is 4,5 x 5,5 m in size, I have one showcase that can contain about 10 models.

IMG_2551.jpg

Since I came out of my Dark Age, one year ago, I bought more than 20 so here is the problem...

So every time I buy a new set something else has to go.

On the other hand this is a good thing since I don't have LEGO all around my house now.

I like building large MOCs like Jurgens Backhoe.

The actual building takes place in my study or on the dining table in the living room.

If you look closely at the picture you can also recognize Mahjqa's Metal Grudge, Nico's Crawler and Sariels Mercedes.

Jurgens Koenigsegg and Designer Han's 8421 XL are next on the list.

I also bought Sariels book so may be in the future I can design my own MOCs.

I have about 15 compartment boxes I bought at a local DIY store called 'Karwei'.

They come with different size compartments, so that's nice.

IMG_2557.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

Whenever I start a new project I take a black box with changeable compartments and pick the parts I need.

Can you tell which project I am going to work on next?

IMG_2566.jpg

Sorry for the bad pictures but the lighting in the basement is a problem and I only have a very simple camera..

Edited by Theo van Vroenhoven

There is some nice setups here. Davidmull the Unimog looks good on the power puller wheels. Also I noticed that a few people have decided to make the 9394 plane instead of the jet.

Edited by technicfan

After seeing all these nice setups I decided that it is about time that I show you mine.

My LEGO collection is literally jammed in between my other two hobbies: Home Cinema and Pinball.

IMG_2534.jpg

IMG_2536.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

In my basement, which is 4,5 x 5,5 m in size, I have one showcase that can contain about 10 models.

IMG_2551.jpg

Since I came out of my Dark Age, one year ago, I bought more than 20 so here is the problem...

So every time I buy a new set something else has to go.

On the other hand this is a good thing since I don't have LEGO all around my house now.

I like building large MOCs like Jurgens Backhoe.

The actual building takes place in my study or on the dining table in the living room.

If you look closely at the picture you can also recognize Mahjqa's Metal Grudge, Nico's Crawler and Sariels Mercedes.

Jurgens Koenigsegg and Designer Han's 8421 XL are next on the list.

I also bought Sariels book so may be in the future I can design my own MOCs.

I have about 15 compartment boxes I bought at a local DIY store called 'Karwei'.

They come with different size compartments, so that's nice.

IMG_2557.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

Whenever I start a new project I take a black box with changeable compartments and pick the parts I need.

Can you tell which project I am going to work on next?

IMG_2566.jpg

Sorry for the bad pictures but the lighting in the basement is a problem and I only have a very simple camera..

WTF....Seriously!!!!

That setup is insane!!!!

How many pinball machines do you have.Kudos to you man.....Im envious.

What do you do BTW, stock trader :tongue:

WTF....Seriously!!!!

That setup is insane!!!!

How many pinball machines do you have.Kudos to you man.....Im envious.

What do you do BTW, stock trader :tongue:

I own 6 pinball machines:

World Cup Soccer http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2811

Theatre of Magic http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2845

Attack from Mars http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3781

Medieval Madnesshttp://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4032

Monster Bash http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4441

Revenge from Mars http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4446

I bought these over the past 15 years as used machines off auctions sites and restored them to "almost new" condition.

That is another hobby of me. :wink:

And no, I don't work as a stock trader but have a simple job as Software Engineer at Oracle.

Who needs pin ball machines when you have lego. Why not build a pin ball machine with your lego. Looks like you have enough parts.

H

PS: Nice home cinema

Well, here is my technic collection:

This is the complete set-list:

mysets-rebrickable_1.jpg

And here most of them built and in in "real life":

dsc_3910_dxo_1.jpg

In the left upper corner you see the cover-model (blue excavator) of the book 8888 - IMHO a real twee model...

The icons 8880 and 8455 i own 2 times so the really good b-model can be built for its own...

The models 9395, 8069, 8258, 8043, 8431, 8466, 8858, 8485 and 8448 are currently dismanteled in their boxes... i'm running out of space :wink:

Edited by Kumbbl