Sadly, those numbers are quite outdated...actually exactly 1 year outdated...ha.

Would it be possible to make a picture of how you have stored all your parts?

Would it be possible to make a picture of how you have stored all your parts?

Here is a repost from March

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=523627

These are most of my parts. I don't have pictures of wheels (there are an entire massive bins worth) panels, hooks, hoses, system bricks and other specialty parts that are hard to fit in cases like this. In all I am missing about 1/3rd of the parts for the photos but you get the general idea.

Most of the cases are the stanley sortmaster cases that you can pick up for around 13 bucks on amazon. The cases are 8 bricks or 24 plates tall or 10 LDU tall. In many of the beam photos you will see stacks of beams with a #10 axle holding them together vertically....so there are either 10(thick) or 20(thin) of them stacked. The engine blocks are 4 per stack. Basically, the cases are much deeper than they appear in pictures and ALOT of parts fit in each.

The axle case alone weighs 18lbs.

Of course none of this includes the parts for any of the real models (there are 260 of them) or any of the MOC's...I lost count.

These are just my "spare" parts. But, I recently was able to build Grazi's tow truck in White almost exclusively out of my spare parts so you start to get the idea that there is more than meets the eye.

Since Burf's photos are above you can see that we both (and infact many of us all) use those Stanley cases. Where I suspect I am different from most people is that my collection is as condensed as possible. The largest reason for this is simply space... I just can't waste it.

Here is a repost from March

So there are those black bushes :laugh:

Since Burf's photos are above you can see that we both (and infact many of us all) use those Stanley cases.

Don't know what you mean? :wink:

800x598.jpg

@nychase:

Although I've seen the pictures in March, my jaw dropped on the floor again.... :drool:

I'm wondering, if these are your "spare" parts and don't include the sets and MOC's; how (and more importantly why) did you get all these parts? I mean, I've never seen a MOC made by yourself :tongue:

Hey, at least you probably have a set or two, my whole Technic collection is a disassembled 8069 and some technic parts I got from years of buying system sets... :cry_sad:

I'm not even going to post a pic.

Here's my studless Technic collection. I finally got round to having them all built at once, they normally live split by piece type into plastic bags ... I really must get some form of storage !

This isn't all my Technic ... My 'vintage' (when I was a kid) Technic is up in the loft somewhere !

IMG_1808.jpg

Nice! Is it just the picture or is 42000's front axle wider than the rear axle?

Width is the same, unless pictured above is modified.

Nice! Is it just the picture or is 42000's front axle wider than the rear axle?

It only looks wider, same reason the little green go cart looks the same size as the unimog cab. XD

The track on the grand prix car is the same front and rear. The photo was taken using wide angle i think 18, and also from an angle so that I could fit them all in. Hence things might have a slightly unusual size

Update: This is what's left after a years Bricklink sale. I've got the 41999 with PP wheels at work, but the rest is here:

tn_dscn83342.jpg

Top row: 8855 Prop Plane, 8425 Black Hawk, 852 Helicopter, 8412 Nighthawk, 9396 Helicopter, 8450 The mission and 8288 Crawler Crane.

Second row: 858 Auto Engines, 853 Car Chassis, 8860 Car Chassis II, 850 Forklift, 851 Tractor, 854 Go-Kart, 856 Bulldozer, 857 Motorbike with Sidecar, 855 Mobile Crane, and 8067 Mini Mobile Crane.

Third row: 8865 Test Car, 8880 SuperCar, 42009 Mobile Crane MK II, 8110 Unimog, 8258 Crane Truck, 8043 Motorized Excavator.

Fourth row: 8448 Super Street Sensation, (41999), 8272 Snowmobile, 1972 Go-Kart, 8815 Speedway Bandit(My first set), 8048 Buggy(Which brought me out of the dark age), 8847 Dragster, 8420 Street Bike, and 8263 Snow Groomer.

Fifth row: 8480 Space Shuttle, 8460 Pneumatic Crane Truck, 8868 Air Tech Claw Rig, 8458 Silver Champion, 8479 Barcode Multi-Set, 8837 Pneumatic Excavator, 8069 Backhoe

Sixth row: 8070 SuperCar, 8455 Backhoe, 8459 Pneumatic Front Loader, 8265 Front Loader, 8839 Supply Ship, 8109 Flatbed Truck

Bigger pics are here

Edited by Lost_In_Noise

I have presented my collection in this thread, so now i will just present you the newest member of the "family", 8285 Tow Truck. Some photos with it near 8258 and 9397, his brothers (i think i got all trucks from UW, my fav Lego Designer).

10456590744_39556fc81a_z.jpg

10456590654_b6d73daabe_z.jpg

10456613125_e17edde773_c.jpg

Hope you like the pics !

Silly slightly OT question but it looks like a few of you use Stanley Organisers for storing your lovely Technic ... looking at getting some myself ... any suggestions as to which is best ? Been looking at Junior Sortmasters or Sortmaster or Deep Professional ... the Junior is on special offer at a UK store at the moment

Silly slightly OT question but it looks like a few of you use Stanley Organisers for storing your lovely Technic ... looking at getting some myself ... any suggestions as to which is best ? Been looking at Junior Sortmasters or Sortmaster or Deep Professional ... the Junior is on special offer at a UK store at the moment

I'm using these for smaller parts:

http://www.amazon.co...im/B00005QWYF/2

51QYerluqbL._SL500_SL160_.jpg

And these for the beams and bigger parts:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-73508-26-Drawer-Assortment-Organiser/dp/B00023TBAA/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_2_0

51tRjznw53L._SY450_.jpg

There's a topic about storage. Let me see if I can find it.

I use Stanley 1-92-762's, perfect for Lego.

That's indeed the one I'm using for big parts. (the draper is a look-a-like)

This one:

92-762.jpg

Yeah, I use those for storing Technic beams and Technic panels, found a webshop where I can order them cheap. I use smaller ones with more compartments for the other parts, those were on sale at Aldi a week ago.

If I am not mistaken there was another topic, where the Stanley containers where mentioned. Probably was some time ago. Have been looking, but isn't easy to find.