Skrytsson

MOC: Japanese Teahouse!

Hello everyone!

This was my entry for the Ninja-/Mech-contest on Swebrick. I won the contest.

Hope you like it :classic:

7871407294_088300049d_z.jpg

7871405168_3f5732d531_z.jpg

7871403072_2edfcaf520_z.jpg

7871400888_7c22f21f1f_z.jpg

7871398886_e1e7ac8ed5_z.jpg

7871397118_1a5cb1b685_z.jpg

very nice! The roof is spectacular and Im sure will be imitated quite a bit. the action of the girl out front is wonderful. Are those custom clear pieces holding it together. I also really like the floor and the woman with the tea set inside the building. Finally how did you get the build the planter with in the building? I have been racking my brains trying to figure out how to use the bucket (or the leperchan's pot) in that manner

Great job!

Thanks! :classic:

Are those custom clear pieces holding it together?

No, it's original LEGO pieces. It's trans-clear fiber optic cables from the old Exo Force-theme :classic: (x400c20 on BL)

Finally how did you get the build the planter with in the building? I have been racking my brains trying to figure out how to use the bucket (or the leperchan's pot) in that manner

The 3L Bar with the plant is just balanced in the bucket. :classic:

Awesome, I see why you won default_satisfied.gif

congrats!

Edited by Legonardo

Congrats on a well-deserved win! The roof is beautiful, I especially like the use of the legs :thumbup:

The posing on the fig out front is impressive as well :classic:

Very cool. I like the roof...you definitely nailed the type of architecture you were going for. :classic: The figure posing out front is quite clever. And the tree is beautiful!

Really eye-popping moc, man. The beauty is in how simple it is overall, but how incredibly polished that simplicity is. Great colour scheme as well; a scant dash of pink against the dark green and light brown really puts you in the mind of being in a Japanese garden. Good stuff!

Thanks! :classic:

No, it's original LEGO pieces. It's trans-clear fiber optic cables from the old Exo Force-theme :classic: (x400c20 on BL)

The 3L Bar with the plant is just balanced in the bucket. :classic:

will have to pick up a few of those on my next BL order thank

you must have steady hands as I keep knocking over the plant every time I try to balance it!

thanks for the reply

Awesome MOC, it is really full of interesting details. Really cool roof design and color, nice tree and epic ninja kick. Quite a tricky pose for minifig but you nailed it. And congrats on wining :thumbup:

Sweet! I can imagine you've won :wink: Great use of the legs and the dark green works great for the roof. Also nice job on the combo of bricks and technics parts. And I think Si will go nuts when he sees this one because the use of the cheese grill. :tongue:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

This looks very good. It looks very cute too.

I especially like how you made the geisha kneeling down and the ninja jumping move with the legs :thumbup::wub:

A lovely moc and some good inventive use of various bricks.

I like the pebbles/stones of the garden.

Love the kneeling geisha and flying samurai. :thumbup:

Beautiful MOC! I love the cherry blossom tree, and the custom legs on the minifigures are very well done. Also very clever use of the green legs for the roof - that is exactly the kind of clever use of parts I would never have thought of!

This is just so beautiful in so many ways. I was going to list everything I liked about it, but it would be a list of everything in the MOC. I can see why this was a winner. default_wubnew.gif

Really impressive! It may small but with those details I am completely blown away. As everyone already told you your roof is sooo clever and the action girl to. I really like that you post the details. One of my favorite part, except the roof, is your column, really good use of that piece. I haven't seen the other entries for your contest but I have absolutely no doubt about your victory was deserved to be yours!

Fantastic work and congrats for the contest :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yeah it's the perceived simplicity and cleanliness that makes it a winner in my mind. If you had put one more thing inside of it, it probably would have totally ruined it! Awesome stuff, hope I can do something as well someday.