muscleman

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 9 Rumours & Discussion

I think that the cyclops minifigure will be great - I've got a feeling that his giant head is a helmet piece with a gap in it to allow a minifigure head witha printed eyeball on it to show through. That'd be awesome if so...

I'm just hoping that heroic knight has a white swan on his shield so he can be a LOTR knight of Dol Amroth. That would be absolutely great. And there's a chance he will have - lions and crowns should be out, and nothing says "goody knight" quite like a swan.

Other than that, the minifigs that are getting me excited are the cyclops, Chicken Suit, Maid Marion and Dr Splitz. Parts- wise the judge's wig will be good for a governor in a pirates MOC, and the cop hat a must for Gotham 's finest.

The one figure that really bugs me is Caesar. Why did they go for yellow legs with printing on again?! It made the otherwise brilliant Roman legionary look ridiculous and does the same for Caesar - it looks like he's been to the bathroom and got his toga stuck in his underwear. Compare it with the gladiator who had tan legs with yellow and brown printing and is one of the best realised figures in the CMF range. I just don't understand how, if they can do it for him, the designers can look at the other Romans and decide yellow legs were the way forward. And it'll happen again with the Centurion in series 10....

Is it possible that the waiters tray could be a re colour of the artists palet from series 4?

I wouldn't be surprised it that's it - it looks almost exactly like it.

So it seems the majority will turn out a bit like was to be expected when the first correct list showed up.

Not the best series for me, but good enough to try to get one of each figure. Though I dont think I ll have to hunt for several copies. The ones I expected to buy multiple copies of dont seem to convince me that much based on these pictures.

I was hoping the alien trooper would be an army builder, but the Lego pictures confirm that the leaked figure was a real one. I defenitley want to have one, but not more.. somehow to my taste it doesnt realy fit in...

I guess the knight will be sought after by many in order to build armies, but since I am not realy into castle, I ll just take one, thank you very much..

Nicest surprise / best looking so far : the gipsy/fortune teller (that hairpiece looks very promising and I like those cards too.. though I was kind of expecting a crystal ball) and the movie star. (expected a kind of miniskirt or cloth, but if they did the effort to make new hair for her, I guess they took care of the frontprinting too..)

Biggest deceptions : the cyclops (the back of that head looks weird, not at all what I was expecting), roller skate girl (for some reason I dont like the mix of colors in the fig), and most of all Ceasar. I had high hopes for that figure, and the I must admit the headpiece looks very promising. But why does Lego think a statesman dedicates his time to "mooning"? As mentioned by others already, I think it would have looked a lot better if they had used red legs with yellow printing instead of the red over yellow as shown in the picture... (as a side remark, looking at the pictures of what are supposed to be the series 10 fig of the tomahawk warrior, there they did make the same kind of mistake, but just reversed. Where the figure seems to have bare legs in frontal view, and just wearing a "strategic" loin cloth, they used tan legs with yellow printing. While in that case yellow with tan printing would look better..)

There has been so many comments here about these new images of series 10, so I will just say WHOA BEST SERIES EWAAA :wub: (at least for a castle/medieval entusiast. And sorry for screaming :grin: )

On the pictures with the better quality, some observation:

It looks like the cop's uniform is very-very-dark blue. Is there such a color in lego?

I see nothing in the battle mech's hand. Is it possible it doesn't have a laser rifle or something?

There is a red box at the feet of the plumber. Is that a toolbox? It looks shorter. Or is it a part of the background?

I wonder if the waiter's tray is a new mold. Someone said t can be the artist's palette, but it has a fancy shape for a tray, hasn't it?

I think that the cyclops minifigure will be great - I've got a feeling that his giant head is a helmet piece with a gap in it to allow a minifigure head witha printed eyeball on it to show through. That'd be awesome if so...

Yeah I was thinking the same. It would explain why the head is so large, and would alos be a nice feature of being able to 'pose' the eyeball' by moving the minifig 'head'.

I wonder if the waiter's tray is a new mold. Someone said t can be the artist's palette, but it has a fancy shape for a tray, hasn't it?

It looks like a new piece, with a stud that fits over the minifigs hand. The artists pallette was a pretty specific shape.

Anyone else noticed that the judge has short legs?

I don´t think we can say if the Mech has the same head or not as any of the Galaxy Squad robots. We haven´t seen the backs of any of the GS robot heads yet.

And the roller-skater is pretty cool too.

Edited by DraikNova

Anyone else noticed that the judge has short legs?

There's no way those are short legs, I think it's just the effects. I mean seriously, a dwarf judge? *huh*

I think it's a great teaser :laugh: we'll see if the figs are just as great, but it looks good so far... no army building fig in it, though...

I think it's a great teaser :laugh: we'll see if the figs are just as great, but it looks good so far... no army building fig in it, though...

Errr.... what? Heroic Knight... Alien Marine... Archer Lady (possible female elf)... cyclops... I see plenty of reason to army build...

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

Yeah, looks like he's dark blue (though with these Instagram effects I wouldn't be sure of anything). However, I'm quite sure that the thing on his left hand is his police badge (printed on 1x2 black tile) - the one that you show to people to prove that you're a cop in all the movies and TV shows.

Yeah, I hadn't though of that. Most likely right. :wink:

Also, the Plumber has a pluger, BTW, for anyone who asked.

Here it is, you can see the pole with a red piece on the bottom:

http://instagram.com/p/SgI9cbNdef/

Ok, I was wrong. I'll be man enough and admit it. I blame lack of sleep. :look:

I still think the alien trooper is a horrible figure though. One of, if not the worst CMF yet. I also don't like Dr. Splitz. Out of this series I'm only interested in eight. And totally uninterested in Caesar, Knight, Mech, Mermaid, Maid Marion and Cyclops. Of the others I have these thoughts:

The cyclops I think is more of a Ray Harryhausen troglodyte He seems to have a horn on the front of his head like my doodle design. Which was based on Harryhausen's cyclops troglodyte in one of the sinbad movies. You'll notice that the cyclops minifigure head has what looks like sticking out ears. I could be wrong but that's what I see.

The judge I think is missing a red cape. Kinda like this. If he doesn't come with a cape I think he looks pretty bare and top heavy.

The plumber seems to have a plunger. I did this design. It interests me that several of my designs bear resemblance to produced minifigures.

The movie star. I also did a design for one in a long dress. Not Marilyn like Toth's design, mine is more Veronica Lake like.

The Rollerskater. I did a design for an inline skater and it's one of the most viewed designs in my collection despite the roughness of it. Obviously someone was quite taken with it. I don't think i like the rollerskates Lego made. It kinda looks like the minifig is standing on tortoises in that picture we've seen. I think inline skates would have been better.

Chicken suit guy. Well, it's a guy in a chicken suit. Shame there's no fat belly torso piece. A fat chicken suit would have been awesome. Worth getting this figure though. Whatever your theme interests are a set up can only be improved by the inclusion of a guy in a chicken suit.

Waiter. My city is crying out for this guy. The town waiter torso is seriously lacking by today's standards so I plan on getting a bunch if his torso print is good. Also, green bottle and tray are excellent accessories.

Fortune teller. I had an idea lying in bed the other night to build a classic funfair. I listed a fortune teller in my wants. This one looks alright and I love the head scarf. I suppose also this gal could perform a seance and bring forth the ghostly spirits.

Cop. I love his cap. I'm not sure what I'd use him for. Maybe a vignette of a George Michael video? "Let's go outside..." :innocent2:

The judge I think is missing a red cape. Kinda like this. If he doesn't come with a cape I think he looks pretty bare and top heavy.

IMHO he won't/doesn't have a cape. I really don't see how he could, since that wig would flatten it out on his back. That said, I suppose the graduate's cape would be possible, but unlikely, as I believe judges from that era didn't really use capes.

I don´t think we can say if the Mech has the same head or not as any of the Galaxy Squad robots. We haven´t seen the backs of any of the GS robot heads yet.

And the roller-skater is pretty cool too.

There are video reviews of the orange and green Galaxy Squad sets, showing the backs of the robots VERY clearly. Red's the only one I haven't seen, but due to its odd head I think it can be safely ruled out.

Supreme court judges still wear robes. Which is what I based my design on. even though I called it a Victorian judge. It was just the most iconic outfit for a judge. Edited by Jargo

Supreme court judges still wear robes. Which is what I based my design on. even though I called it a Victorian judge. It was just the most iconic outfit for a judge.

(Where you repying to me?) I meant that, for the era suggested by the wig (circa-Revolutionary war parliment in england, or at least that's what it brings up in my mind), I don't believe judges were wearing robes. Of course I could easily be wrong! :wink:

Does Maid Marian have a new hairpiece?

I thought it was the "princess hair" at first glance but looking closer it seems to be much longer and it doesn't have the braid in the back. I don't recognize it, but maybe it's been in some set I'm unaware of.

Edited by Graysmith

Judges have worn robes for centuries. Keeps them warm in draughty courtrooms. I see where you're coming from but if you mean the Cromwellian civil war the wig would be darker. Probably grey or brown.

Judges have worn robes for centuries. Keeps them warm in draughty courtrooms. I see where you're coming from but if you mean the Cromwellian civil war the wig would be darker. Probably grey or brown.

Yeah, admitedly I was thinking more parliment than judges... :look:

there are quite a few army builders in this series. at least 5 by my count - the alien trooper, knight, marion, robot mech, cyclops. maybe not marion but still plenty of hording will be had with this series. i think the only better series is 7. i'm quite happy with how this has turned out.

I have read this thread for ages, so thought it was time for me to jump in! With so much exciting news in the last few days, been overloaded!

Do you think Lego released these teases to try and move noise away from the Season 10 (and 11) leak? Distract everyone back to season 9? Timing seems to be pretty good.

Regardless im quite excited to see these properly next week, i think its shaping out to be a good series with the mermaid, chicken and cyclops.

I'm just hoping that heroic knight has a white swan on his shield so he can be a LOTR knight of Dol Amroth. That would be absolutely great. And there's a chance he will have - lions and crowns should be out, and nothing says "goody knight" quite like a swan.

Yeah, that would be absolutely awesome indeed, and not completely out of possibilities.

Though I shudder even to think how much money I might spend in that situation. After all, this crude design of mine has been my avatar pic all over the internet (except here since the beginning of Historica) for nearly a decade:

106px-Joutsenlaiva.svg.png

But I dare not hope... so I'm settling for a griffin. That would be nice too, and wouldn't yet cause a budget crash.

Does Maid Marian have a new hairpiece?

Yes. Interesting to see what it looks like from the front!

Edited by Haltiamieli

There are video reviews of the orange and green Galaxy Squad sets, showing the backs of the robots VERY clearly. Red's the only one I haven't seen, but due to its odd head I think it can be safely ruled out.

I just wanted to write the same. I've compared the blue, green and orange robot head to the CMF one and it's different. It seems the CMF one is a new mold. Also, when I look very closely at this helmet/head, I'm not sure if this are one or two pieces. The Galaxy squad ones are all one piece, but on the CMF one there seems to be a regular head underneath this helmet.