just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

^You forgot the Gorillas on that wiki page. The wiki looks wonderful, by the way.

^You forgot the Gorillas on that wiki page. The wiki looks wonderful, by the way.

I just haven't wanted to confirm it, since it did say preliminary. Everything else I've seen references 5 clans, so I'm not sure. Thanks though! Means a lot. :)

Gorillas? What? Second wave? or where?

The Russian set descriptions I found at toy.ru a while back mentioned a gorilla clan multiple times, and one of the preliminary images of a floating island in Chima shows a gorilla face carved into the cliffs.

The Russian set descriptions I found at toy.ru a while back mentioned a gorilla clan multiple times, and one of the preliminary images of a floating island in Chima shows a gorilla face carved into the cliffs.

Thank you @Aanchir.

That sounds soooo AWESOME! I'm so excited for it! :drool:

I just hope it's true. :look:

This will be excellent for Donkey Kong MOCs.

I was on the LEGO site today, looking at random product pages when on one the pages, it was faded black and a Chima teaser of the ultrabuild w/ Laval (without the blue background and gold border) appeared. It only appeared for literally about a second, but I'll try to get an image.

-Sci

I'm wondering that if we do in fact get a gorilla clan, if the head/mask will be the same piece as the gorilla suit guy or if it will be a new mold. Hopefully they re-use the gorilla suit guy's mask but add some different printing...

I'm wondering that if we do in fact get a gorilla clan, if the head/mask will be the same piece as the gorilla suit guy or if it will be a new mold. Hopefully they re-use the gorilla suit guy's mask but add some different printing...

It's possible - but I think then the gorilla clan would be at a disadvantage compared to the other minfigures from the other clans because there isn't a lot of space for the minifigure head underneath to show through which would result in far fewer options for facial expressions compared to all of the other characters.

I was on the LEGO site today, looking at random product pages when on one the pages, it was faded black and a Chima teaser of the ultrabuild w/ Laval (without the blue background and gold border) appeared. It only appeared for literally about a second, but I'll try to get an image.

-Sci

That sounds interesting. Were you browsing S@H?

-Gata signoff.png

They replace a ninja theme in ninjago for this?

Not exactly; they're giving the ninja theme a break since Ninjago reached an 'end'. The cartoon made it clear they COULD return, but it's time to try something different for a while and this "Thundercats-ish" animal-warrior theme looks like fun. Different builds, colors, fancy minifigures with a lot of great print variety... lots to like! Let Ninjago and ninjas in general rest for a year or three; maybe Ninjago will return, maybe a new Historical-type ninja theme will return.

Nice find, Sci, thanks a lot! :sweet::thumbup:

I personally like the wolves a lot. :wub:

The Eagle thing doesn't look quite like a castle, though (I suppose that is what it is :sceptic: ).

I like the big raven, too. Looks more like the raven gliders at the begining of the trailer than the other raven thing.

Nice. :sweet:

Kinda disappointed in Eagle's Castle... more like Eagle's Pedestal. Maybe the Lions will get a proper castle if the theme continues, as they seem to have a full-on walled city in the teaser.

But the Raven glider looks nice so far, and the Eagle 'queen' looks intriguing in 70011. Nice find!

Awesome find! On the Raven set, does that fig's name say "Rizzo"? Either way, they look awesome! And the boxes are beautiful!

Edited by Meiko

Awesome find! On the Raven set, does that fig's name say "Rizzo"? Either way, they look awesome! And the boxes are beautiful!

Yes.

-Sci

Yes.

-Sci

Awesome. Glad to have more characters in the Raven clan. 2 just wasn't enough! ^^

So I was right... the eagle castle is a Speedorz set! :thumbup: Shame it has those two speedorz, as I'm not particularly interested in either... but I like the tower design! (Doesn't look much like a castle though...), Srikes me as though the Raven Raider (?) is a bit... overweight? And such thin legs too... Other than that, looks nice!

The Eagle's "Castle" could not be more underwhelming. On the plus side, that Raven vehicle is the first Chima set I've seen that I've instantly fallen in love with. The others have grown on me quite a lot since their initial debut (which disappointed me quite a bit) but this one wowed me right away. :thumbup:

Wow, the..castle is terribly disappointing. I hope we're getting a real building later in the year- I guess it will be a Lion Fortress :sceptic: (I like the Eagles a lot more, but kids dig lions I guess..). The Eagle Queen/Princess looks great, however!

The Raven vehicle looks pretty cool.

Loving the Raven vehicle, definitely getting that. The Eagle's Castle is definitely disappointing. Hoepfully we see the Lion's and Croc's bases in the summer wave.

Digging the raven...not the eagle castle :hmpf_bad: ,but I did notice something the wolf in the eagle castle set has a white torn-up cape..meaning possibly he's the leader of the wolf clan.

Giant Raven... Want so bad. It seems the Raven sets are the best in my opinion. Definitely be getting that along with the Glider.

Chima's growing on me. Not that this is a bad thing.

Kalhiki