just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

According to Bricipedia (yeah, I know that it's not he most relaiable source):

New_TBA_Brown_Guy_2013.png

brown crocodile is called Crug

New_TBA_Black_Bird_1_2013.png

peg leg raven is called Rizzo

and the lion reviewed by Chadmin is called Longtooth ( he's got scars and darker mane than Lennox, Lennox has got some belts on torso)

Lennox.jpgNew_Longtooth_2013.pngLongtooth New_Lennox_2013.pngLennox

There is also black wolf:

New_TBA_Wolf_2_2013.png

Edited by Krulis

White toe guards applied with black bolts...

:laugh: That's about what they look like, too! :tongue:

The problem is that it seems like these minifigs will not be very useful for anything else:

A pity, even though they are cool.

I don't think so, at least not necessarially, while I don't think they'll be as useful as even the Ninjago ninjas (I've found their hat's pretty useful), dressing minifigs in costumes would be an ideal use for those masks, and I'm sure there are other ways to use them as well (eg. indians? - if it weren't for those claws :hmpf_bad: ...)

A System plate with a ball cup coming out of the bottom would be an excellent part, as would one with a ball cup coming out of the top. I don't fully expect to see these kind of parts in Chima, which seems to be strictly formula when it comes to staying within one system or the other, but they'll be quite welcome whenever and if ever they do begin to appear.

This is kinda what I've been wanting.

https://tinkercad.com/things/da7JHlNbX5h-mockup-lego-ballsnap-plates

Though now that you mention it, there's surely a more full bodied ball cup that can be orientation locked and sit low profile on a middle of a HF bone.

I'm not loving the mask pieces for the most part. The lions seem to work okay. The eagle/ravens are so-so, but I didn't care for the wolf at all. As far as under the mask, I really like the lions head printing! The birds are pretty decent too, but again was really disappointed with the wolves. I probably won't get too many of this theme, but I'm liking the Lions and the birds so far (which is odd since I normally root for the baddies).

Incidentally, it looks to me like the black wolf has a different mold than the others. The snout seems different.

Incidentally, it looks to me like the black wolf has a different mold than the others. The snout seems different.

Yea, almost more like a bear.

It's real odd, cause there is only one in all the sets...

There was talk about LoC constraction figures before we got pics, wasn't there? It's highly possible they will be a Spring release, hence why they were featured in the retailer catalogue (which we never got pictures but did get descriptions of) but not on the online store, as they wouldn't even start selling them in a couple of months.

-Gata signoff.png

Yes, contraction figures were mentioned earlier, though most of us seemed to have given up "hope" (or whatever, I didn't/don't really care :wink: ) though.

I think the grey printing on the snout of the black wolf is what's throwing people off. And i think there's a black wolf in the same way as there's a brown crocodile, just for a bit of variety.

Edited by Jargo

Yes, contraction figures were mentioned earlier, though most of us seemed to have given up "hope" (or whatever, I didn't/don't really care :wink: ) though.

My point is that they will probably appear before summer, contrary to what most people seem to be expecting.

-Gata signoff.png

I have to ask, Aanchir, will you be going to Toy Fair again next year?

I have to ask, Aanchir, will you be going to Toy Fair again next year?

Not entirely sure. I certainly hope so (being at college in the Northeast will make it a shorter trip, and I really enjoyed it last time). If I do go, I will try to get coverage up sooner, though it might be even more of a challenge balancing that with schoolwork.

It's not like a million other sites out there won't get the pics up within the first day! Still appreciate your work Aanchir.

Really looking forward to the flagship set of the summer wave, hopefully it's a fortress of some sort.

After getting all these better looks at the figs from the line, this just might be the theme I'm most looking forward to.(after TMNT) and if were lucky...they'll be popping up on stores in the next few weeks.

Edited by Legocrazy81

After getting all these better looks at the figs from the line, this just might be the theme I'm most looking forward to.(after TMNT) and if were lucky...they'll be popping up on stores in the next few weeks.

It would be nice if they already had, though that's unreasonable since they're for 2013. The reason I say that though is because of the VIP-exclusive event at all LEGO stores this coming weekend, so I could get me some good deals on Chima. :laugh:

Well, they´ll probably arrive in late December, just after Christmas. That way the old products will be sold for Christmas and there won´t be competition between the old sets and the new ones.

Remember, guys. The sets that are released early is just a portion. We may get Ninjago before Loc, or vis versa, or not at all until January. They usually start to pop up between Black Friday and Cyber Monday (usually at TRU where you should never buy from unless you are actually saving a decent portion of money)

I think the armor, torsos, and some of the masks from the Chima minifigures could be useful. It just takes a little imagination. :wink:

Also, I personally expect to see these on shelves in December. It's happened before.

Edited by Algernon

Judging by the trend of previous years, I think some, if not all, the sets will be available for Christmas. But since this is a brand new theme, I can't be sure. Ninjago and Hero Factory I can imagine being out before Christmas, though.

Kalhiki

Remember, guys. The sets that are released early is just a portion. We may get Ninjago before Loc, or vis versa, or not at all until January. They usually start to pop up between Black Friday and Cyber Monday (usually at TRU where you should never buy from unless you are actually saving a decent portion of money)

I personally would guess we'll get Ninjago first, since the TV show is ending (in North America) next Wednesday, so TLG will likely want to get the final wave out before Ninjago fades from kids' minds. That said, I am really hoping that the two smallest sets pop up after Brick Friday, so I can take a really close look and decide how much of this theme I'll be willing to get into. :wink:

I don't think this means anything, but Laval and Kai have been removed from the Amazing Minifigure Sticker book:

Amazingminifigbookcoverchanged.png

-Sci