Ssorg

MOC: Douglas DC-3

Ooh, shiny! And huge! It's superb.

Chrome Block City is a very reliable source for chrome pieces, with super fast shipping. I'd recommend it to anyone.

The DC3 was the frist aircraft to have it all together. It had feather adjustable props,to change the pitch, allowing the engine RPM to be optimized. Retractible landing gear. Tho... it left about half the wheel exposed, and the axel bottomed ona air frame , just in case ... and flaps to trim it in flight. Three major keys .

Durring WWII thay were made at Willow Run , a converted GM plant Near Detroit , and they turned out one every hour. After a breif checkout they were filled with gas and flown to England by a brave group of young ladies.

Hey Ssorg,

a fine looking DC-3 you have there! I love the landing gear mechanism. The use of the curved slopes are awsome. Just not sure about the mix of chrome and silver though ;-)

Here is my version of a DC-3 from almost 10 years ago. Predates those fine curved slopes...I might go and remodel mine some day.

100_2143.jpg

100_2142.jpg

Good luck with cuusoo, you will get my vote :)

Klaus

What a great plane. well done on the details. I'll vote for it. I like the chrome and silver. It goes well with the other colors you have used.

I rarely comment or even bother to support any LEGO CUUSOO projects since not many of the current projects interest me greatly. Unlike any other kinds, this DC-3 is an excellent piece of work which is remarkable as you managed to capture it and target it as a form of celebration of world aviation from the adult interest. Similar like the Sopwith Camel's model sculpture, this appeals me more as it enable minifigures to be placed in the aircraft. Not to mention the gears and the delicious looking chrome. I wish you all the best in this project. :thumbup:

You got my vote as well. :wink:

This one was really great, added my support for this one. I´ll start saving up for it already!

Edited by Plauge

Wow what a great MOC, You captured the looks of the DC-3 really well!

Nice way of doing the landing gear, I like how the rear struts become part of the nacelle when retracted.

Absolutely beautiful and instantly recognizable--just like the real thing. I dont comment on many MOCs, but this fantastically done model of my favorite airplane (I'm a pilot by trade) was irresistable. Now I have a reason to join cuusoo.

Thank you for sharing.

I'm surprised there isn't more support for this too. This could follow on with the Sopwith, Shuttle, and Wright Flyer. They have architecture and trains, why not aviation as well.

Ssorg that is one beautiful piece of work you've got there and it's so much larger than I imagined.

Good luck on CUUSOO, I definitely voted for you!

Edited by rongYIREN

I think that this is probably too big for a Cuusoo project, but I'm supporting it anyways.

Thanks for your feedback and support. It's around 2,500 pieces, so nowhere near the biggest Lego sets so far.

Just not sure about the mix of chrome and silver though ;-)

Here is my version of a DC-3 from almost 10 years ago.

Thanks for your feedback and support! Concerning the silver & chrome, I simply wanted it to have many shades instead of all-light-bley, for a nice touch.

And I LOVE your DC-3! As a whole-hearted Lego fan I like the old-style building technique you've utilized there. :wub:

Due to my still-going-on vacation almost in the middle of nowhere it's been hard for me to access Internet or have enough time on-line, but it's great to see this warm welcome by all! And thank you everyone for your most kind compliments.