Sign in to follow this  
TheKingOfBuilding

MOC: Lego City Grand Bank

6948791397_830ed57afd.jpg

I had the idea of making a modular bank for a while, and had been building certain sections seperately (such as the windows and columns) until I decided to just go and make the whole bank. It turned out to be 16x48, my biggest modular yet, and not as modern as I was aiming for but it still turned out alright. So lets see some pictures!

6802678394_7986b823e1.jpg

Here you can see most of exterior details and how solid the bank looks (no chance of any robberys then :tongue: !) And if you go through those big double doors...

6948790215_249a7d9b4a.jpg

...you can see inside Lego City Grand Bank! I just didn't have enough grey bricks to finish the walls all the way round though but I guess you could say the back is open for "playability".

6802680322_247bcfc300.jpg

I managed to take a shot of the counter just before it got busy so its easier to see the details. Lets meet up with the staff to see whats happening behind the counter.

6948789727_2d6330c8e9.jpg

A robbery taking place, someone withdrawing their money - just a normal day of good business.

6802679064_77592ffcca.jpg

Whats up these stairs?

6948790483_4d22e2e43f.jpg

Turns out, its a bunch of consultants at their cubicles. I'm not that sure about their safety though, mabye I should speak to the manager about adding some railings?

6802680066_d969b87737.jpg

Just as well that the manager's office is just down the corridor. He doesn't seem too happy to see us though.

6948789517_c1c800fb3c.jpg

The manager said he'd think about the railings and that he'd let us have a look in the staff-only section. Here you can see the corridor to the security office and the gold vault below, which I sadly do not have pernmission to enter.

6948790713_a00f6f78e9.jpg

I managed to snap a shot inside the security office as well. Why so many moniters? This guy is also in charge of the security cameras in Lego City Car Park.

I hope you liked my modular bank and as always any comments and suggestions for improvement are more than welcome!

Nice modular 'TheKingOfBuilding', the staircase is a little scary - no rails ! :blush:

Not enough computers, though the guard sleeping - priceless ! :thumbup::grin:

Brick On ! :classic:

That's a nice bank. I like the overall design, though I'd add more colours (maybe some DBG) to emphasize the facade more. On the inside, there are also some nice details. The counter looks great with SNOTed windows (without the robber :grin: ) and the security camera. The spiral stairs are nice, but they seem a bit unstable. Maybe an extra pillar could be added. Nevertheless, it's a great design altogether.

I would definitely add in another color, just for some more accenting. Overall, good design of the building. It just feels "blah" to me due to the monotonous coloring.

And the stairway to heaven is neat. I call it that because surely people will fall to their death :tongue:

Keep up the good builds!

Very nice. As others have Said, more color would be nice.

The fan in the manager's office is rather clever, and the security camera as well.

Not sure you need to worry about railings around he cubicles as not too many will make it there after the "stairway to heaven" experience. :laugh:

Story very good, robbery and the very alert security guard. :wink:

Overall, very nice indeed!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Beautiful design and I will give a dissenting opinion and say that I am very attracted to the stark coloring.

Overall I like the bank, the grey colours are very bank like, (At least for banks where I come from.) I thought the customer service windows were very well done.

One thing that I was not keen on thought was the stairs. I felt that if you want a spiral then maybe they should be built around a central pillar which would make them appear stronger whilst also realistic. But there does need to be some kind of banister rail I think?

Nice building! My favourite part is the exterior design - I very much like the look of the facade.

Great building. It does have a bank-feeling and the action you've put inside is great. I Also like the design of the stairs, altough it feels a bit unfinished.

Great effort on a modular bank. It can't be said enough... with 6 out of 10 citizens working in the police force, we really need some banks to be robbed :wink:

But I agree with Readhead1982 and others. It would'n hurt with a little more colour. Especially the inside is a bit too grey for my taste. It makes you think of a prison rather than a bank. And that's a shame, couse you've really got some great ideas and details.