Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

Throne Of Avalonia

Hey guys, just adding this here so it can be indexed. It was built as a scene for the lead up to challenge 3. As you have probably noticed, I am not one who builds interiors, but that is something I hope to work on this year, so this was an enjoyable challenge. I am always trying to improve and want to try new things, which is why I have been avoiding my 1x1 round technique this year, I have used it many times and I will use it again, but at the moment I am enjoying trying out different approaches.

The first attempt at a throne room ended up looking more like the inside of a cottage, due to the fact that I thought there should be lots of timber sections. But then I realized that Avalonia's great hall's in Albion would also be mighty stone structures as well, so I changed it and this is what it became. At least it looks like its in a great hall now.

The dragon heads and scaled necks that surround the throne were added in last, as I felt I needed something that symbolized Avalonia's connection to dragon's and the 'Dragon Flight'.

6953205257_5a78e26fdf_z.jpg

6806801068_b631618d13_z.jpg

6806796920_376ccbfa34_z.jpg

6952946833_54b7f3283a_z.jpg

Thats all the pics I took, but I hope to build more rooms from Artorious's Great hall's.

Thanks for viewing.

DC

Oh my, that's amazing, the details :drool: love the dragon throne and the big carpety bit :wub: Excellent :thumbup:

I look forward to more interior mocs from you.

The king of Avalonia look's like a total wuss. I, King Zakon of Antyria, claim independence from Avalonia, if I do not receive my my title of "Head Wizard" . I am too old for this childish display of royalty.

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

Absolutely breathtaking. I really like all the greens and browns and the bookshelf is a cool little detail. The combination of the dragon heads and the English flag windows makes me think of St. George.

another great MOC.

the details and techniques are great. The stone design on the floor, the area around the lion's heads, the furniture.

Every time I see you have started a thread, I get excited and you have never disappointed me yet. What's next?

A mighty throne room indeed, the cristals have that aura of solemnity, and the throne itself is ferocious yet noble and one hundred percent power.

Great Moc. :thumbup:

Stunning build great leader! So many fantastic details to look at! The sand/dark green carpet is great and fits well in the throne room of Avalonia!

Is it de Gothia that stands amongst the others in the room? :classic:

Thanks for the comments guys.

The king of Avalonia look's like a total wuss. I, King Zakon of Antyria, claim independence from Avalonia, if I do not receive my my title of "Head Wizard" . I am too old for this childish display of royalty.

You have to remember he is only young, 25, so he isn't scarred and grizzled. Don't be fooled, this guy is a wild youngster who knows how to lead, fight and party hard! On a battlefield he's a badass! :laugh:

Build a wizard moc, a his enchanted domain etc, and you can have your title :thumbup:

Stunning build great leader! So many fantastic details to look at! The sand/dark green carpet is great and fits well in the throne room of Avalonia!

Is it de Gothia that stands amongst the others in the room? :classic:

Yes that is de Gothia. Yours was the only sig fig I had made up and I was rushed to get this moc finished in time so I didn't have time to build everyone elses. However I plan to build more rooms like this as I am building Artorious's main living quarters, so I plan to feature everyone's figs.

Yes, let's see your wizard king throne room- that could be really cool.

This build is a great example of "how to" Everywhere I look I see great little details that can be added to other peoples builds.

That is such an inspiring throne room that I want to go build my own throne room now.... unfortunately I have to wait until I finish building my castle.:sceptic:

stunning moc! everything about it is amazing...but then again when something is built by our guild leader one doesn't expect anything short of this magnificence!

This is absolutely stunning, definitely a throne room fit for a king. I love the details you put into this. :thumbup:

Amazing works :thumbup: especially the dragon throne.

ps. I see that polygamy is allowed in Avalonia. :laugh:

The whole scene is very nice, the windows, the floor, the ornamentation! But the throne with the dragon heads is most impressive, it looks really great! :classic:

Excellent build, as usual. I love the window framing, especially the top arch, the carpeting on the floor, the furniture, especially the shelf with the bottles. I also love the dragon skeletons wrapped around the throne. The border detailing is great as always. This is another amazing MOC!

Wow, just beautiful! So many nice touches. The dragon throne is inspired. Great work! :thumbup: