Angeli

Gladiator games

I, Jen of the Nocturnus guild would be honoured to compete in the games. I can only hope my new armour arrives from the eastern lands before combat begins!

IMG_4669-1-2.jpg

The rangers of Kydern would like to send a champion from the enchanted forest.

Victorim of the Tree Elves!

6736801731_f1715d2e73_z.jpg

Victorim the Tree Elf Champion by K.Kreations, on Flickr

Equipped with: the lance of C'uttren Dor'm a magical lance that can peirce any armor.

The armor of Zalzadek an ancient demon lord: The armor allows him to withstand any blow.

The mask of Kydenon: Makes him immune to any magical attacks.

The blade of Kyfen: The indestructable sword of one of the earliest lords of Kydenon.

The sheild of Durin: A dwarven sheild capble of deflecting fire.

Victorim comes to show the strength of Kydenon and of the tree elves.

Greetings and salutations, brave warriors!

Welcome to the Gladiator Games of the Drow! There will be many surprises, revue (revial) fights, unknown monsters from faraway lands and long-legged assassins from the Underdark, all fighting for your pleasure!

It is important to add that there are a lot more free spots for your fighters! Also, there will be no fatalities, so all of champions will go home, with some bruisers and few cuts, and, hopefully, with all limbs attached! Our witch-doctors, druids from Avalonia, shamans from Mitgardia and clerics from Khaliphlin will look to that!

Also: open note to all slavers from Khaliphlin and adventures from all Historica: all exotic and dangerous creatures that are for sale should be presented to the organizers, and will be bought at a fair price ;)

Note to all high lord, chiefs, chieftains, rulers, barons, kings and similar: if you notice a mistake in your or your hero's name, please inform us here.

note to lady Black Widow (Quichybo) - Sir Maulalot is handsome in any photo ;) if you insist I will change them, but there are no rules about the flags, and maybe it would be interesting to have two different photos, yours and mine (older yours:);)

In any case, happiness of our contestants is on the first place, and the Drow will do as you wish ;)

First post is updated with new contestants

(As you can see, a Drow public relations is under new management:):):):):)))))

Avalonians Explorers send Firx Reat to this games, as he has proved himself in the past, as a great combatant, that uses his intellect as well, accompinied by its loyal war dogs complements his abbilities.

img_7603.jpg

Kaliphlin Elf-Knights never back down from a challenge.

IMGP4286.jpg

Captain Velethuil sends one of his elite warriors, Galaeron the Spear, to battle for Kaliphlin glory.

Most noble of all queens, The Warlocks are honored by your invitation and will be glad to send a representative to compete in the grandest tournament Historica has ever seen.

You will, of course, excuse us for not sending our very best fighter, for we do want to give the other participants a sporting chance. However, you will find our champion more then adequate, allow me to introduce Lady Silia:

veca.jpg

She's a daughter of a certain nocturnian nobleman who wanted his heiress to master the ways of the dark arts. Though she is still learning, she has proven to be a tough nut to crack to those who dared challenge her.

veca5.jpg

veca6.jpg

Some would find sending a girl to such a tournament questionable, but The Warlocks believe that the powers of the Void are equaly deadly when wielded by a woman, as well as a man (maybe even more so); and I sincerely hope the greatest of the queens will find our choice to her liking.

I only hope my busy schedule will allow me to watch the fights in person,

best regards to the contestors,

Grand Warlock Gza'ar

Some would find sending a girl to such a tournament questionable, but The Warlocks believe that the powers of the Void are equaly deadly when wielded by a woman, as well as a man (maybe even more so); and I sincerely hope the greatest of the queens will find our choice to her liking.

Indeed we do, our nocturnian friend.

Sufficient to say, ruler of the Drow is matron-mother, and she is a proud she. If we sent a fighter, it will also be a she, and she will wield a blade and conquer all the males in melee fight, even do you say that thaumaturgy is the only field where woman strength is same as males.

We must say, we expected more monsters and creatures, and nobody until this date enlisted with wings! But there is more time, and we shell see...

First post updated with new gladiators ;)

We must say, we expected more monsters and creatures

Funny you should mention monsters...

May I present Wrrffgh the Wampa, champion of Messahmuk and the greater Muk Valley, hero of the Battle of Maxaterriffa, savior of the Zenfari, etc, etc? He will be representing Messahmuk in the south central Siccus Badlands of Kaliphlin.

6753664883_d87b64c6d3_z.jpg

He left his ancestral glacial snowcaves in the high Rakath Mtns to seek his fortune in the Siccus Badlands. After some serious adventuring, pillaging, plundering, and terrorizing, he settled down in Messahmuk. When not adventuring or terrorizing the Akhenaten swamps, he is currently the head bouncer at The Fuzzy Hairball, the roughest tavern and club in the area. Here he is shown wielding his customary two bladed scythe with a solid sapphire mace head on the other end. His hapless opponent is about to discover Wrrffgh's trademark move, the snatch-and-stomp. Needless to say, this fight only has about 2 seconds left.

Wrrffgh looks forward to kicking some serious b*tt in the gladiator games. He'll take his prize money in taun-taun steaks. I should warn you, he doesn't take setbacks very well. As my good friend San Holo once said: "It's not wise to upset a Wampa."

Edited by NiceMarmot

As news of the Arena reached the great halls of Childeric King, he knew that he, too, would have to send a great champion to upkeep his honor. After all, what self-respecting Nord would pass up on a chance for a good brawl. Thus it was decreed that Havardr, son of Hákon, huscarl in service of the great chieftain would go East. There he would spill blood in the Arena to defend the honor and glory of his Lord, or die trying.

huscarl.jpg

I, Lord Damaximus of Mpya Stedor sent the Champion of the Palace Opening Celebration Tournament as our candidate for the Annual Valentine Gladiator Games in the glorious Drow City!

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is Sir Ereh Ahn Roblaw!

champion1.jpg

His weapons:

- Ximus Spear (the thing at his horse, a really powerfull weapon protecting the hand and pincing through every armor)

- The Blade of Roblaw, a symbol of his family, passed by father to son. Sharp as claws of a cat catching a fish.

- The Longspear of Mpya Stedor. Given to the Champion who is defending the honour of Mpya Stedor. Strong and with the flag of Kaliphlin attached.

- Atlarka Shield. A dozen of those shield were given to Mpya Stedor as a gift for the celebration of the alliance between Atlarka and Ximus. This shield can absorp Magical Casts and is arrowproof.

- Gladiator Xedin Ha Helmet. Once belonged to the notorious gladiator Xedin Ha. After Ereh Ahn Roblaw defeated him, Xedin Ha offered his Helmet as token of his defeat. Made of the strongest Dwarven metal.

champion2.jpg

All the gladiators are looking great. I wonder who number 22 will be. I've still not seen any dwarfs in the games, and this is the kind of thing they would excel at. Also, lets see those dragons and griffins and other winged creatures default_classic.gif.

p1040129c.jpg

Maximo Greeland of Kaliphlin, returning to the arena! Let's get this party started! :tongue:

HAIL KALIPHLIN!

Dr Rod has sent forth his mighty gladiator, Killer Bunny!!

A result of Dr Rod's alchemical tinkering using blood from the original killer bunny of Caerbannog, the Killer Bunny is a force to be reckoned with.

Her strength, power and calm ferociousness should not be underestimated!!!

6759479841_9351d790b3.jpg

The original killer bunny of Caerbannog

Dr Rod

Edited by Dr Rod

We glady bring honour to the lovely queen valsharess. Sorry we're late to the party, but it took some time to find a "volunteer" after hearing stories about participating gladiators.

We are proud to present: Sir Gaius Severus!

6761730041_65f9b5dfbc_z.jpg

For Nocturnus and lovely Queen Valsharess!

Count Nero

The last contestants are, by matron-mother Valsharess's ruling, allowed to fight each other on horses!

The gladiators are coming from all the corners of Historica! Kaliphilians are opening markets and tents all over the city, selling their goods, and mitgardians are drinking and singing in every tavern in the city. Even avalonians are planting their trees outside the gates of the city (!?!). It seems that nobody is scared of the Drow no more, and we will need to rectify this (but after the games:)))

In any case, join, dear lords and kings, wanderers and adventurists, simple peasants and strong handed blacksmiths! The Drow gladiator games!

btw, we have a new bouncers, few hired goons to keep order during games:

bouncer-genie

tbattle-geniem.jpg

First post has been edited with new combatants.

Okay, count me in. I Nitnelav the farmer will do my best and fight for glory and honor!

unbenannt-1.jpg

Good news, my fellow contestants ;)

Thraxus (Thrash), the leader of the Minotaurs, will donate few magical items from his brickswariors safe, to be awarded somehow, to the winner, or the crowd will choose the most innovative or scariest or something gladiator. The important thing is that prizes are on the way, and someone will get them :)

There are almost 30 gladiators competing in the arena by now! :)

There will be a few hundred watchers, so the Drow are hiring more bouncers ;) This one is from the south ;)

tbouncer-southner.jpg

(I love how this ninjago armor fits with roman helm, so "gladiatoricly" :)

Edited by Angeli

This looks quite fun.

6766998235_a4a5ca164f.jpg

The undefeated champion of Samrd'dha's coliseum Rakta Vasana, he wields a golden warhammer given as a gift from the Maharaja, the warhammer is magical and grants the wielder great strength. The Maharaja has wished for him to represent the City of Samrd'dha in the Drow Gladiator Games in Nocturnus.

6767767927_8882ee5b55_z.jpg

Enriel Arphenion - The Exiled Blade

Just after Avalonia born, Enriel exiled himself from Hybrasil because he believes that only elves should be allowed into the Enchanted Forest and that his brother, the High King Daeron, condemned the elves when he accepted the alliance with Avalonia.

Now years after he vanished, he come back to prove to all elves that he is the most powerful and he should be their High King. What were just simple gladiatorial games, now become the start of the struggle for power in Hybrasl.

Edited by Fantu

6768725381_f839580e2b_b.jpg

For the Drow Gladiator Games, Wolftracks Company of Mitgardia has sent "The Claw" to be their champion.

"The Claw" is a former client of the Wolftracks Company. He is a feared king of his tribe. A few years ago, Wolftracks was hired by his tribe to locate his missing son. They found the bandit kidnappers and saved the young goblin. When they brought him back safely to the king, he made the Wolftracks Company blood-brothers of the tribe.

When approached to be in the gladiator games, "The Claw" was more than happy to assist his blood-brothers and the land of Mitgardia.

Edited by darkdragon

Ecklaf Son of Wiglaf the Hunter

6783710391_14939f77f6.jpg

Ecklaf son of Wiglaf the Hunter by Naj Saalk, on Flickr

Ecklaf son of Wiglaf the Hunter

The defender of Harnjaford, it is him that the warriors follow in to battle. When he is not on a adventure on his own. He is the slayer of Fanor the Lycan, and Hasselt the Dragon.

His Heavy Axe, has been made to cut of the head of the most fearse beast know to men.

His Spiked Flail, lests just say that with one blow, moste enemy's are decapitated

Now he sails of the compeed in the drow arena. For Glory! For Mitgardia