Bonaparte

Quick survey

One week ago we seriously upgraded our server because we were experiencing slowness due to the increased traffic.

Personally I'm noticing a huge difference with everything going much faster now.

Are you noticing the effects of the upgrade? Is the site loading fast(er) for you? Fast enough?

To me, it doesn't seem so much that it's loading much faster as that it never seems to load any slower. I have noticed that the site is just a little bit quicker, but the big difference is that it's never loaded any slower than that for me since the upgrade.

Definitely, it loads very quickly and I haven't had any "website down" periods since the upgrade. Thanks a lot for your work Bonaparte! :sweet:

Edited by Skipper

Ever since the switch, I've been experience some weirdness.

Once in a while, when I go to a new page, it just loads half way, and you have to refresh to get the whole thing. Nothing major, but still annoying.

During December between the 20:00 and 21:00 o'clock (GMT +1) the connection was very slow.

Now during X-mas holiday it seems to me that all is well. :classic:

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

No difference for me, really. It was getting a bit slow about a month ago, so I guess the upgrade can handle more traffic. Though when there's not a whole lot of members online at a time, I think it's the same.

I'm using Chrome, by the way, if that helps any.

The site is somewhat faster for me, but I still get the occasional page that just will not load. Before the update it seemed like every fifth or sixth page wouldn't load, now it is more like every fifteenth or twentieth.

It's not faster imo but i've experiencing no more time outs since the upgrade, that's a significant improvement, well done and thanks, makes me apreciate (?) the site more and more, i'm realy turning out to be an addict of eurobricks, checking at absolute minimum once a day, avarage 10 times a day *huh* .

The website is running really well now, the problems I was experiencing a few weeks back have all stopped. I still get slowness or a page that doesn't load from time to time but they're infrequent and used to happen anyway. If anything I'd say they were problems with my internet connection and not the Eurobricks Server.

I've noticed a definite improvement since the upgrade, before it was starting to get quite sluggish and often timing out. Now it's super speedy again, so it seems to have done the trick.

Using firefox and IE mainly but to me, not much difference in terms of loading speed. 99% of the time the pages load properly and fast enough. If you didnt mention about the upgrade, guess i would have not known about it. :sadnew:

Everything is loading much faster now. There's been a few minor periods of slowness, but still much better than before.

I've noticed a big difference. The site seems to load a lot faster and I haven't had any time outs. Where I am I have very fast internet (through luck rather than choice!) and that's why I notice any drop-outs on sites very quickly.

Thank you for upgrading - big difference :thumbup:

Well, I run with windows 7 and such and google chrome, so naturally it was very fast to start for me, and I rarely occured any slowness, but If it counts, since he upgrade I have not experienced any slowness or errors loading anything

I would actually say it's faster than before.

My phone was where I noticed the slow down the most (pre-upgrade) and now it loads like it did before.

But on my laptop it is noticeably faster. So overall I'd assume the extra resources are making a difference. :thumbup:

Definately noticing a difference for me but it's also because we fixed our broadband so it's running much faster too. There are a few things that are happening to me, idk if it's related to the update because I think this was happening before the update but when I sign and tick the keep me signed in box, after a while when I've gone off then come back on I've been signed out? Also when typing a post the cursor line doesn't move when I press the arrow keys only when using the mouse or when I type it appears, but other than that I can't think of anything else, it could be just me or is this happening to others? My browser is IE.

Thanks.