i want to a set og lego need advice on which one is the best.

You really need to be reading the Site Guidelines before making posts. Site Guidelines state that "Selling, self promotion and promoting" is not allowed, and we expect your typing to be clear and precise when posting and use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Morning,

Does anyone know of anywhere within the UK that I would be able to acquire the rare Pirate with brown best minifigure? Or does anyone know of a good place to start looking. I've tried ebay to no avail.

Well, unfortunately I don't know exactly which pirate minifig you mean, and neither whether you've already tried this source, but usually bricklink.com is a good place to check for (rare) parts. Here's a link to all pirate minifigs.

Good hunting!

I am guessing this is the one you'r looking for

Ebay might be a nice place to look for it, with a little patience tho.

Since coming out of my dark ages, I've wanted to collect all the pirate ships as those brought back fond memories when I was a kid. Thus far, I have in my fleet: 6285 BSB, 3289 RBR, 10210 Imperial Flagship, 6274 Caribbean Clipper, 4184 Black Pearl, 4195 QAR, the Lego Movie Seacow, and 70413 Brick Bounty.

Since I want to collect all the "pirate" ships, my question is where do I start? Do I go after the newest ones that I have missing first? Do I go after the most expensive (on Brinklink) and work my way back? I am just curious on how the "market" treats theses ships and what I should do. Thanks for your help.

I did it like This: see a how are the marketprices of all ships you want. Than count -20%. At that point try do get the ships for that price. I can tell you it is a hunt. It takes long, buts it is fun. After a year or two you will have all. Do not the mistake to buy them higher then 80 % price.

For me I buy whatever cheap offerings I see in auction sites. It's ok even if incomplete but around 30%-40% of the current price. I bought 6243 Brickbeard's bounty around $40 (EUR35) just missing few regular pieces. Now I just bought Queen Anne's revenge for EUR70, missing certain pieces worth EUR30 in bricklink.

Edited by CisFran

I have always found better luck getting older pirate sets off ebay a better deal. If its a bid just put in your highest amount you would be willing to pay for that set. I've bought some sets from bricklink in the past the only thing I dont like is most of the time they dont have actual pics, so the set might not be as in good condition as stated. Also Ebay is good to see what the sets are going for in a bid to give you an idea for you to use bricklink and see what is a good price. Hope this helps.

Edited by mattb483

Ebay and bricklink are good places to start, but if you are on a budget I would suggest buying the individual parts that make up the set and build then together. In my experience it is a little cheaper.

well,make up the set and build then together. In my experience it is a little cheaper.59.gif

Edited by weamonwe

Merged.

Ebay and bricklink are good places to start, but if you are on a budget I would suggest buying the individual parts that make up the set and build then together. In my experience it is a little cheaper.

Admiral Admirable, be sure to follow the guidelines posted in this post from Revisiting Old Topics (Bumping) thread. :thumbup:

Hi everyone. I want to start collecting Classic Lego Pirates. I am planning to buy used Castaway Raft for 13 euros and a used Bounty Boat for 12$. What would you recommend?

Merged.

Hi everyone. I want to start collecting Classic Lego Pirates. I am planning to buy used Castaway Raft for 13 euros and a used Bounty Boat for 12$. What would you recommend?

Are you referring to the little row boat? $12 or 12 EU seems really high compared to Brick link. I always check Brick link first.

Merged.

Are you referring to the little row boat? $12 or 12 EU seems really high compared to Brick link. I always check Brick link first.

I live in Belarus,so shipping costs are really high. Row Boat costs 6$

Is shipping still terrible from Poland? There may be some brick link stores there that have what you seek.

Shipping is not so terrible from Poland,but set prices are too high.

Do I have any hope to ever find 10210-1 under 400$? pirate_satisfied.gif

Maybe you want to build from pieces via BrickLink. Will end up much cheaper.

Hi everyone. I recently got into Lego Pirate collecting. I live in Belarus,so shipping costs are really high. When i wanted to bricklink BSB,i was very unpleasently surprised. Shipping with all the fees would cost me around 80$! Yesterday i found a chinese bootleg,that looks nearly exactly as BSB. The company is named Enlighten and quality is good. I have a copy of an Armada Flagship from the same company and everything is pretty good.

Back to bootleg BSB. It costs around 40$ and has around 850 pieces. Enlighten makes high quality sails from material similiar to old lego ones. In this set sails have an ugly,childish skull on them,but i guess finding original BSB sails is pretty easy. So what do you thinks? Should i buy it?

Well thanks,but i still don't what to do

Well that's really up to you. You have to ask yourself , do you want the original set? Or will you be ok with a knock off? Also, how much money are you willing to spend? If money isn't an issue, I say but the real one. But if money IS an issue, go with the clone.

I would rather buy a cheap official LEGO impulse set, than a large set from a cheap knockoff brand. Enlighten is downright awful - and - The only knockoff that comes somewhat close to approaching quality, is the Hasbro stuff, and even that is just not enough for my taste (but not for want of trying).

It's your money though. But I just wish no-one would support these awful clones. Plus, the shipping will probably get expensive anyway.

Edited by AViewToALego