Meatman

New 2012 1st Half Technic Sets at Toy R Us Website

Hmm... it says the pick-up tow truck can be upgraded with PF... I can't really see where they'd fit within the model, it looks pretty compact. I also cannot see where the control gear is... I know the function switch is in the cab, but where's the gear you turn to make them work?

Awesome! I'll have to pick up the crane when it is stocked in stores. I need that mini turntable for my project.

The tow truck is a bit more expensive than I anticipated. I'll have to think twice about buying that, or wait for a discount. :wacko:

@dhc6twinotter

That could also be Toy R Us's price, if you have not noticed before some legos they sell (either common ones found everywhere or ones they sell first) are at a higher price. So that tow truck may actually be lower in price then we all expect, so i guess we wait and see what prices other stores have when they're released.

I just checked this again so I could see the pictures on a bigger monitor, and guess what? They're gone. Only the 2011 models are there now. I think they bumped up the prices, too. I'm quite sure I remember the supercar was $118 when I looked last night, now it's $132.

You are 100% correct... They did raise the price of the 8070 $12...

What is really odd is that online you are limited to ONE 8070 set, but you can buy 2 of the 8110 Unimogs(which have always been $10 overpriced) or 8043 Excavator...

I was at ToyRus yesterday and they didn't have any of the new sets, but the buy one get one free sale was running and there were no limits on how many of any set that you could buy... And the 8070 set was still $119.99... Funny though, yesterday it said on the ToysRus website that the sale is online only... :sceptic:

Edited by Paul Boratko

Yesterday, I went to the Toys-R-Us store in Spokane Valley, Washington USA. I did not see any of the 2012 sets for any theme, and there was a "Buy One Get 50% Off a Second" sale going on there. The 8070 Supercar set was priced at USD $131.99 ($12 higher than the Shop.Lego.com price).

I wonder why ToysRus only raises the prices up on certain sets..? In the past I must have bought 20 of the 8070 sets both online and in store for $119.99(with the buy one get one 1/2 off)... I don't recall ever seeing a Lego set price increase almost a year after the set was initially released...

ToysRus is also due for another buy 2 get one 90% off, which is just about getting one for free... Everyone needs to keep their eyes peeled for that one... :wink:

it's not only at Toy R Us also in the netherlands some toyshop use higher prices than Lego

it's not only at Toy R Us also in the netherlands some toyshop use higher prices than Lego

You have right, in the netherlands are the price diverends between shops aboudt 40 till 60 euro's per big sets

Edwin

You have right, in the netherlands are the price diverends between shops aboudt 40 till 60 euro's per big sets

Edwin

It may not be the place, nor the time for me to react, but as a fellow dutchman I have to say I'm a bit embarrassed by seeing this attempt at breaking the world record of making as many errors as possible in one sentence.

Phonetically it's pretty good though, at least in standard Dutch-English speak...