slovakiasteph

weirdest place you've found random LEGO?

Today I was pacing the floors of my English Composition class at a local community college while my students worked on a project. I headed toward the back of the room and saw a little orange dot on the floor. "Why, that looks like a 1x1 round LEGO plate." Picked it up... it was. :cry_happy: That's as exciting as finding a nickel, but moreso because I was not expecting to find a piece of LEGO on the floor of my college!

So, where's the most unexpected place have you have found a random piece of LEGO?

So, where's the most unexpected place have you have found a random piece of LEGO?

My cousin found a black Octopus in the middle of the street. Buttom of the plate was a little deformed, but he gave it to me, and I was completely thrilled. :classic:

My cousin found a black Octopus in the middle of the street. Buttom of the plate was a little deformed, but he gave it to me, and I was completely thrilled. :classic:

That reminds me... I also once found part of LEGO something-or-other beside the road (in the grass) on a walk. I picked up the pieces that hadn't been run over and took them home. That was during my Dark Ages, so I wasn't particularly excited, but it was still LEGO!

While visiting family in Portugal, I found a 1x2 white LEGO brick (that was very newish) on the floor of a garage complex. I was bemused :grin:

I found a very badly scratched pair of minifig legs once in a parking lot outside a mall that had a LEGO Brand Store. No idea where it went to, though.

Not sure if this counts, and I already posted this in the Film & TV thread, but...

Am I the only one who's not seeing a connection here? *huh* Where is the LEGO in this video?

As a kid, I also found a black octopus from a playing ground. That same octopus is still part of my collection to this very day. :grin:

I wonder why some kids have decided to abandon their octopi, out of all possible LEGO pieces? :wacko:

The most recent that I can recollect, I saw 15+ boxes of brand new Mindstorm NXT systems in my college advisors office. Being my day of enrolling I was at first very surprised, then realized, oh yeah, I'm here for engineering. I made a comment to another student in there, who was equally surprised and followed with "I love building Lego!". I suppose it went from weird to awesome default_classic.gif

Am I the only one who's not seeing a connection here? *huh* Where is the LEGO in this video?

Haha, who cares number 12 and 22 are hot! :laugh:

As a kid, I also found a black octopus from a playing ground. That same octopus is still part of my collection to this very day. :grin:

I wonder why some kids have decided to abandon their octopi, out of all possible LEGO pieces? :wacko:

We'll be overrun by black LEGO octopi soon, apparently!

ETA: it's probably just a good piece to carry around and thus lose.

Edited by slovakiasteph

My bothers a motor trimmer and he fond a black 4x4 plate and a black scorpion wedged beteen the back seats and he gave them to me :sweet: . I found a 1980's minifig compleate in a car park and last one I can think of is a few random white 2x plates in a rest stop on the side of the road when comming home from holidays a few years back. They had been slughtly ran over but still usable.

My mate where I work now used to work for a landfill company and around schools holidays time he would come home every day with his pockets full of thrown out Lego. Now throwing away Lego is sacrilege :devil: .

I'm a plumber by trade.

Got called to a problem with toilet, not flushing well, had a look in flush pipe and found a 2 x 2 blue brick stuck inside pan flush inlet. I reckon the owner's kids must had chuck it into cistern. :laugh:

Cleaned it up and gave it back to them....

Daniel.

I found a 2x2 red brick and an old light gray sideways bracket in the back yard dirt. It was probably from the former occupants' kid back in the day and they must have been out there for over a decade. The red brick was pretty sun faded on one side.

i work at a water treatment works and have seen loads of lego come through, all sorts of toys and things get washed down drains, my favorite is a snoopy car from around 60's, and no i don't keep the lego

i work at a water treatment works and have seen loads of lego come through, all sorts of toys and things get washed down drains, my favorite is a snoopy car from around 60's, and no i don't keep the lego

I can imagine it must be pretty filty when you guys filter all the debree out. What's the largest thing you found?

Well I once went out to town once a couple years back. I found one LEGO Agents minifigure ( the only problem is that it had a COBI head, so using my spare parts I had a new agent) and then a few weeks later I found a Jango fett head, the only problem was, that it was in dog doo :cry_sad:

I found a lego radio (as in the minifig utensil) mixed in with the leaflets of local attractions in a self accommodation house in Jersey that I stayed in once.

I found Anakin Skywalker's head (7251) on the ground once and at the tip, I found a TIE Fighter helmet (cut in half :hmpf_bad: ). I also found a chrome lightsaber at my local Soccer Club Rooms.

I think that the background is made of LEGO Bricks.

Not actually a weird place since I was in the LEGO store today giving the pick a brick wall a workout when I dropped a 1x1 round plate. I chased it as it rolled across the floor and to my surprise it stopped right next to a pair of binoculars that clearly were NOT part of the pick a brick wall. But those binoculars ended up in my cup!

I once found a Bionicle Kraana on the road outside my house. I never even owned that particular Kraana. I just saw it and picked it up. It didn't look like even one of the normal colors the Kraana came in, as if the dirt made it a new color. I still have it to this day, proudly in a container with all my other Bionicle figures.

Do you all ever go back to the place where you found the LEGO, just to see if more has magically shown up? :wink: I can't help but walking to the back of my classroom just in case... :laugh: