Sign in to follow this  
gearcs

MOC: Defending the mine

:wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool: In all honesty, this is one of the best MOC's I've ever seen. The detail and size make it stand out. You also made a mostly one color MOC not be Bland at all. Great work. :thumbup: Edited by K-nut

Totally mind blowing creation 'gearcs', fantastic detailing of the inside of the mine.....you don't want a cave-in right ? :devil:

Goodness, what more can I say except.....Brick On 'gearcs' Brick On again ! :grin:

An exceptional build gearcs. I love the scope of the mine, very reminiscent of Moria. The Orcs look splendid, I just feel like the stonework on the walls suffers a little from "big grey wall" syndrome and could use some mottling with dark grey or tan/dark tan mixed into the stonework, or even some moss growing. All in all though it looks a million bucks, and probably cost a few as well :laugh:

Wow gearcs! I love the size and architecture in this! The variety of angles, mini areas of detail and varrying textures give the gray walls quite a bit of life. The characters look great and of course your minifigures are wonderfully picked out. The variety of orcs is especially cool.

EDIT: Damn spelling errors

Edited by Sirens-Of-Titan

Wow that's one great MOC!

Your use of photo editing has worked wonders on the flat grey walls, adding a life like texture. pirate_thumbup.gif

Your use of hight is very refreshing, and so true to what I'd expect from a dwarven mine.

Top stuff, well done!

WOW. DOUBLE WOW. TRIPLE WOW. This is mindblowing...truly mindblowing.

The scale!!!

The ability to capture the feel of the mine...amazing.

This is absolutely stupendous.

OUTSTANDING!!!

The sheer size of everything is impressive. Then you add in the detailing of the walls, columns, and ceiling and it gets more impressive.

I also was thinking of combining those different sand green heads to add some variety to the orc army.

At first glance I thought it was your reference photo for the MOC. Then I realized it was the MOC! Super cool build, the detail is just stunning. I also like the photo effects that have made it so life like. Great job!

Welcome, and surely you are a great MOCer.

Enjoy EB. :classic:

fantastic! I love tall fantasy mocs (as you can see by my postings:))

it has that "lord of the rings I" feel ;)

Very impressive!

I don't think I even own that many grey bricks. LOL

Simply stunning! Although I like the photo-effects I feel that picture '10' in your flickr really gives an idea of the amount of time and effort you must have put into this creation. It would be nice to see an image of the whole MOC.

Thanks all!

I've added new photo to my Flickr gallery to compare the size of MOC. I think there's more than 2000 1x2 LBG bricks. All I have... :classic:

I didn't use more colours on walls this time. It should look like the new hall, but with lion statues and arches damaged by battle.

Now it's time to rest and restore the energy before CCC. :laugh:

Brilliant creation gearcs - as others have said, the depth and scale of it is just breathtaking. :thumbup: Lots of lovely details to appreciate too. I like the mix of rough and dressed stone, and the way the doorway at the top of the stairs seems to extend even further up. The pillars look the business and all the ornamentation is just perfect - i just wish there were more shots of the ground floor, where the statue base is! :sweet:

I am undecided about whether or not i like the effect of so much of one colour though - like others, i feel that maybe some mottling could help break up the uniformity of the walls. I can understand not wanting the background to detract from the action though, directing our focus to that wonderful staircase.

An amazing creation gearcs! The architecture with all those details looks stunning, and the feel of the scene is so surreal. Remarkable stuff. :thumbup:

Edited by omerai