Does anybody seriously think 9397 is going to have 1308 pieces?

Edited by sama

9397 looks a little skinny to me, especially the rear, just check out my brickshelf.

Edited by sama

I ordered 9394 jet plane yesterday. hope it will arrive soon.

(cost me €30, which is good price i think)

I like the looks of 9397 log-truck. What will the price be? in the range of 8070?

(Paul, i think you're right, but i fear that sets may become "a lot of pins with some useful parts...", or am i wrong here...)

Edit: I asked to pin this topic.

Second, favor for the topicstarter:

Can you update the startpost with pictures and set information? Many thanks...

Edited by captainmib

Does anybody seriously think 9397 is going to have 1308 pieces?

Well, I wouldn't have thought 8109 would have had any more than 850-900 pieces, but it turns out it has 1115. So yeah, I don't doubt that 9397 will have 1308 pieces.

@sama

9397 is either 15 studs exactly (looking at front bumper) or a bit wider

I think so too. At the wheels and gastanks it will be 17 studs wide.

The 8285 Tow Truck is 19 studs wide, too wide for the scale of the wheels and the 9397 is too narrow. Of course this can be modified, but somehow TLC doesn't seems to get it right

@barman

are you thinking the trucks should be 18 studs wide?

No, 17 studs is the best width for these wheels, like the 8258 crane truck.

I will surely buy the 9397, but modify it from 15 studs to 17 studs width. Meaning; making the hood and cabine 2 studs wider. Trying to get dubbelair tyres at the back (4 wheels on 1 axle), making the fenders wider and order soms more brown wheels for tree trunks. When the hood is wider perhaps a V8 can be fitted.

Perhaps even modifying the crane...???

So, there are a lot of modifications to make this set look better, from my point of view.

We will have to wait a while, because I think this set will available around March 2012, just like the 8070 supercar.

Edited by barman

No, 17 studs is the best width for these wheels, like the 8258 crane truck.

I will surely buy the 9397, but modify it from 15 studs to 17 studs width. Meaning; making the hood and cabine 2 studs wider. Trying to get dubbelair tyres at the back (4 wheels on 1 axle), making the fenders wider and order soms more brown wheels for tree trunks. When the hood is wider perhaps a V8 can be fitted.

Perhaps even modifying the crane...???

So, there are a lot of modifications to make this set look better, from my point of view.

We will have to wait a while, because I think this set will available around March 2012, just like the 8070 supercar.

Too much modification, you better make a new truck and will not have to wait to March :laugh: .

Do we know if there is diffs on both rear axles? I can't imagine what the "excuse" for not having would be...

Do we know if there is diffs on both rear axles? I can't imagine what the "excuse" for not having would be...

Money, lazyness, maybe the same reason there aren't two in 8258 (though i dont know that reason... :tongue: )

I think that many real life vehicles of this type may only have one driven axle. The reason for having two is to carry more weight.

I actually don't see very many log trucks that are straight-trucks around here, and I don't think they are very common in other parts of the country either. Most of our log trucks are semis. Every now and then, I see a log truck based on a straight-truck chassis, but those are usually owned by some mom-and-pop log company that modified a truck with a rudimentary winch and lever system to load the logs. Some have dual drive axles, and some have a single drive axle with another to support weight, as allanp mentioned.

Every semi based log truck I have ever seen in the US has at least 2 drive axles. Some may have an additional drop axle on the tractor to carry more weight, and I believe, some even have 3 drive axles in the rear. Some log companies use trucks that have driven front and rear axles too, although these are mostly used within muddy log sites to move trailers around. I think most of those trucks are modified Army trucks (deuce-in-halfs, etc).

I doubt 9397 has two rear diffs.

Edited by dhc6twinotter

Has Lego ever had dual diffs on double rear axle trucks? Only time I've ever seen it was on 4x4's, wether it be vehicles or a front loader.

Has Lego ever had dual diffs on double rear axle trucks? Only time I've ever seen it was on 4x4's, wether it be vehicles or a front loader.

8868 had dual diffs.

Ok I have seen some pictures of the new sets here and there in this forum.

But not all the HR versions which are available.

So I am slowly added all the Technic sets to my BS gallery

but it will take some time since I have a lot of DVD from Lego which I have to go through to correlate

all the pictures that I have..

For now here are all the HR pictures of the 2012 Q1 sets. Some can be as large as 3000+pxl.

Name links to the BS gallery. (When Public).

Picture links to Cover art 2000+pxl. version.

9390 Mini Tow Truck

Pieces:136

Age 7-14

Price $11.99 USD,$14.99 Can, £??.?? €??.??

S@H

a_9390_box_front_800.jpg

9391 Crawler Crane

Pieces:218

Age 7-14

Price $19.99 USD,$24.99 CDN, £??.?? €??.??

S@H

a_9391_box_front_800.jpg

9392 Quad Bike

Pieces:199

Age 7-14

Price $24.99 USD,$29.99 CDN, £??.?? €??.??

S@H

a_9392_box_front_800.jpg

9394 Jet Plane

Pieces:499

Age 9-16

Price $49.99 USD,$64.99 CDN, £??.?? €??.??

S@H

a_9394_box_front_800.jpg

9395 Pick-Up Tow Truck

Pieces:954

Age 10-16

Price $69.99 USD,$89.99 CDN, £??.?? €??.??

S@H

a_9395_box_front_800.jpg

9397 Logging Truck

Pieces:????

Age ??-??

Price $???.?? USD,$???.?? CDN, £???.?? €???.??

S@H

a_9397_box_front_800.jpg

I will add more pics as they come available.

Info should be added to first page of this thread!

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by grogall

hm, well the 9395 looks very good, but the Towing functions and the rear Axle are need some modifications. And hey guys, a V4 in a towing Pick up like a Ford F650?

Ford-F-650-560x373-e8fc82fd15c0b780.jpg 6527122007_02b35abe1b.jpg

i think there is a need for a new look alike

The pictures for the sets of the second half of 2012 have been released on LegoPictureHQ's channel! :grin:

That helicopter just looks amazing. Much better than making another construction vehicle or car/truck :wub: