My guess would be something in the line of...

P_MAN_TGS_EOT_HydroDrive.jpg

Although I still hope you are right default_laugh_new.gif:wink:

This will however resemble the Flatbed truck a lot.

Edited by Gekke Ted

I was disapointed with 8049 tractor with log loader and I sense that it will be the same with this set.

As a set, it is not fantastic. However, as the historical reintroduction of pneumatics after a long haitus, it is hugely important. At the time it came out, it was very worth buying because it was the only way to get new pneumatics. It was also only the second set ever with a (optional) compressor. The fact that they included the compressor pump part even though it wasn't used in the model unless you motorized it was very generous.

Now we have a good view on the new terntable :sweet:. And the stickers look really nice :sweet:.

A shame it only has one medium motor, I have way to many battery boxes now :hmpf_bad:.

csvop.gif

87472099.jpg

i see also a new turntable in the crane it looks like a 24 teeth turntable

also th b-models are in the pics right to the big pic

Nice! Kind of like an updated 8868. This is the first time we've seen a mini and a regular linear actuator in the same set. The log is a lot bigger than those in 8069.

First order of business, dual tyres on the rear axles!

Cool how they've managed to make the same functions as 8258 with much fewer pieces, don't like the design of the crane though, some panels would be nice...

Hi

does the woodtruck and the repairpickup have the same tires? Are these also the same as in 8258 truck?

Dino

i see also a new turntable in the crane it looks like a 24 teeth turntable

also th b-models are in the pics right to the big pic

Mmm I'm not sure what to think of this one,and it looks like we won't get any pneumatic s next year ;( this kind of looks like the tow truck from a few years ago and I really don't like American trucks,might give this one a miss!

Hi

does the woodtruck and the repairpickup have the same tires? Are these also the same as in 8258 truck?

Dino

Yes same wheels ;)

Edited by davidmull

Ooh, that looks quite good. Four motorized functions means a somewhat complex gearbox, which is always a plus.

And the Pickup looks pretty solid too. I especially like the stickers actually, the art is very retro and detailed. And it has a gearbox in there somewhere, again good.

Cool.... New short #13 and #14 panels in black to complement the large #17 and #18 ones... :thumbup:

Looks like an inline 4 cylinder engine...

Here is my attempt to reverse engineer the 9391 from the first images (before seeing the images that appeared yesterday). I think most of what I've done is correct, but there are still some missing pieces. Also, the boom doesn't seem to be able to go horizontal. The pictures of the b-model also confirm certain pieces which were impossible to see in the other images (for example the 2x3 plate at the back of the excavator is visible on the b-model).

I'll post an updated version tomorrow with the ldr file.

9391-render-2.png

Awesome! That log loader is much better than I anticipated! I was kinda wishing for a pneumatic set, but this is really nice! Nice to see another set with the miniLA. I like the red frame and new black panels. I've been waiting for these black panels!

I think I'm going to skip most of the 1H sets (except for maybe the tow truck), and just buy this. It's really nice! :thumbup:

Does anybody know if that new turn table has a hole in the middle? I hope it does! This part would be perfect for some mocs I have planned. :grin:

Thanks for posting the pictures!

Edited by dhc6twinotter

Well the front of the log loader is obviously mostly a copy-paste of the 8285 tow truck (nothing wrong with that!)

I think it will be a good set, and yet another one with 1000+ pieces.

Also, it took me a while to figure out where the new mini turn table was (on the end of the lifting arm)

Something I just thought of, the Jet Plane should have been BLUE!!!! (plus maybe some yellow)

The Blue Angels colour scheme would have been amazing.

Oh well. Blue is a colour I would really like to see a lot more of.

It will be a good source of thin red panels though, which I guess isn't a bad thing.

The Log Truck for 120 euros? That HAS to be a US dollar price. Less pieces, smaller motor, and less wheels than the 8258 Crane Truck and that was $150 U.S. new.

And to be 4 studs skinnier than 8285, I hope they look good together.

I agree its the flagship and a must have, but not for $200 U.S.

Edited by gmshades

Damn, this is a nice line-up for early next year. I actually want to buy every set except the quad bike. My wallet's already weeping.

I'm particularly surprised about the log loader. On a first look the front is almost identical to the 8285 Tow Truck, which happens to be my favorite Technic set of all time. It is however actually a bit smaller. Should still be good though.

I usually don't like tow trucks, especially when they are the flagship cos there are more interesting things to be made into a flagship, but 9395 is just the right size for a towtruck and looks to be quite complex, I like it very much. However It maybe my only first half purchase.

9397 looks to have a decent amount of complexity I guess. I'll have to think about that one, i'm not sold on it at the moment. Seems inspired by the 8868, but it's not even close. I know 8868 was a flag ship and 9397 is NOT the flagship of 2012, but 9397 is kinda priced like a flagship. Hmmmm.

Btw, 9395 has a gear box.

edit :

Lars Krogh Jensen designed 9394.

Uwe Wabra designed 9397.

Edited by Anio

Maybe there will be other 1990s Lego Technic "studded" sets re-released in "studless" form: :cry_happy:

8868-1.1174262353.jpg9397-2.jpeg

Edited by DLuders

Something I noticed earlier but forgot to include in my previous post: For the very first time there are Technic sets which are numbered with a number larger than 8880. I think they used to attempt and preserve that number as the limit for a while, but I guess the limited space in the set numbers made that impossible now.

Maybe there will be other 1990s Lego Technic "studded" sets re-released in "studless" form: :cry_happy:

That is actually a pretty good observation. I wonder if they gunned for this.

It looks like a pretty good set, having about the same functionality as 8258 but with much fewer parts. Nice to see the mini LA appear again.

I don't like the too obvious resemblance to 8285 though. I do like the red chassis. The crane should have been orange :)

What's also nice is that it comes with eight brown rims :P Sure, it's only one log, but as you can see 8868 came with none :grin: