Will you include the template for the dial in those instructions?

Yes of course, if not, it will be not very confortable for your to use the planimeter.

Regarding math : yes it is a nice way to use maths.

@crowkillers : you would certainly have used this type of planimeter, most common in fact :

250px-Amsler-Polarplanimeter-2.jpg

or the orthogonal version :

250px-Planimeter_02.JPG

Isn't it ?

You make some truly amazing things indeed!

I realy like your Tractor and the Loom and de Piaggo and the Morgan and and..

:thumbup: :thumbup:

You make some truly amazing things indeed!

I realy like your Tractor and the Loom and de Piaggo and the Morgan and and..

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you, I am always happy to hear that, of course, don't hesitate to comment or critizise.

The building instructions of the planimeter is ready, available in PDF or viewer on my blog :

http://www.nico71.fr/pritz-hatchet-planimeter/

thumbs_1.jpgthumbs_7.jpgthumbs_9.jpg

Waiting for the next... :)

Personally I think het is a Mechanical Engineer.. Regarding the stuff he build..

You are right, I am a mechanical engineer working on the methods departement in a machining company. Maths are linked to my job but I don't really use often.

And the new planimeter is here : orthogonal planimeter.

DSCF2592.JPG

The planimeter is equiped with a disc / wheel integrator, which is more precisely than the pritz planimeter.

DSCF2578.JPG

DSCF2581.JPG

Concerning the functionning, the polar arm can be rotate, and when the planimeter is pulled, the yellow disk rotates. The combinaison of the displacement of the disk and the angular position of the wheel integrates the curve. And thansk to green's theorem, the line integral of the curve is equal to the surface below therefore the area.

DSCF2577.JPG

As a consequence, the system for moving the disk is not a bevel gear but a tyre bevel gearing, which has not dead-point.

DSCF2580.JPG

DSCF2584.JPG

This device is more accurate than the pritz, because of the integrator system, which is not an approximation of the area but the real value.

(corrected version of the video)

:)

Edited by nico71

I love the intricate mechanical solutions people devised before we had computers :wub:

Your video has some sort of weird side-to-side "wave" effect going on, though :sick:

Your video has some sort of weird side-to-side "wave" effect going on, though :sick:

Google has detected that the video is not stable and have made correction. Not really usefull. I will solve this

DSCF2762.JPG

On his website, Nico71 (Nicolas Lespour) recently posted this Lego Technic All-Wheel-Drive Rally Car. He wrote that "This supercar has the following functions :

• Steering with Hand Of God and Steering Wheel
  • Suspensions
  • All wheel drive Transmission with 3 differentials
  • Fake V8 Engine
  • Openable Door and roof
  • Removable optional motorization

"The removable motorization is made with a special translated frame, on which the motors are connected. The two L motors are mounted on this frame, the lever operates a 12-tooth gear on a rack pinion, then the rack moves the frame. In first position, the motors are not meshed with the transmission, in the second position, the 24-tooth gears on the motors are meshed on the central differential of the transmission which drive the car." It has a lot of features -- see more on his webpage and on his

DSCF2790.JPGDSCF2785.JPGDSCF2735.JPG

Edited by DLuders

The A-pillar (on the windscreen) is made using the 40244 "Support 1 x 1 x 5 1/3 Spiral Staircase Axle":

40244.jpg

DSCF2778.JPG

Hi,

Many thank to you David, I have really no time to make update on this topic. I am very gratefull that you did.

Concerning the car, thank you for the comment, as said, it is an interesting concept at this scale, and for the building instructions, there are on the way. Stay tunned to the youtube account or facebook.

:)

Nico71

Nice!

This car has almost the same width as 8070, but uses wheels that are quite smaller, would you u say that concerning scale it looks good/better with these tires?

Hello,

Here is the instructions :

thumbs_1.jpgthumbs_8.jpgthumbs_48.jpgthumbs_62.jpg

http://www.nico71.fr/awd-rally-car/

You can browse the instructions in my blog or download the PDF.

Concerning the parts, here is the two pages of bill of material :

Page 1

Page 2

The rebrickable link will be available soon.

Concerning the difficulty, there are 1300 parts and 83 pages of instructions which is in fact a dissmantle photos sequence so a bit harder but there is the aim :)

Good building.

I just finished building Nico71's Trophy Truck with CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). This thing is incredibly cool, but I can't find any evidence that it was ever presented here on Eurobricks. I highly recommend building it. It is really fun to watch the gear ratio changes happening in action as you encounter obstacles. He has full instructions available for download.

wow - thank you for this hint - a new must build for me... just checked rebrickable - well, 99,3% sounds good ;-)

The trophy truck is also on my build list, I've already got all the parts. Very curious how well the CVT performs.

Edited by jantjeuh