Sandy

Heroica RPG - Marketplace

In front of her horseless wagon, Elphaba the Witch pases back and forth, throwing irritated glances at a certain crowd gathered in the middle of the square.

heroicanpc-elphaba.jpg

"What's taking those people so long? I cannot leave until they find Beelzebub's bonnet, or there will be no end to the scratches. I should be on my way, but I guess I have to linger for a while more..."

~Elphaba's Magic Wagon will remain at the Marketplace until the conclusion of Quest#87!~

Still wandering the Marketplace, Thormanil and Arx arrive at Fabian's stall. Thormanil leans down and unstraps his sandals, setting them on the table with his scrolls.

"Fabian, I need ya to work some magic on these shoes. Rumor has it you can enchant them with the spells contained on these scrolls..."

He hands over 250 gold and his five scrolls (Blindness, Sleep, Confusion, Frailty, Weakening)

Winged Sandals(Wearer is immune to bound, slowed, asleep, confused, fragile, weakened, and blinded effects).

Gold remaining: 1533-250 = 1283.

Edited by swils

Benji walks over to the Marketplace. He looks through Fabian's wares, but does not spend any money. He looks at the different pairs of gloves, trying to decide which pair would match his outfit best. "Whaddya think?" Benji asks Fabian holding the Sterile Gloves up to the rest of his outfit. "Nah... never mind..." Benji puts them back without waiting for Fabian's response. He thoughtfully looks over and over the different pairs of gloves, not sure if any of them were really worth it. After all, they were all fairly ordinary, nothing exquisite.

Edited by Flare

Galen walks behind Benji.

"I think these would suit you much better" whispers the Rogue, producing a pair of Overkill Gloves from beneath his cloak. Detecting a spark of interest in the Dragonslayer's eyes, he goes on: "For a tenth of the gold they bring you during your next quest, what do you think?"

Galen walks behind Benji.

"I think these would suit you much better" whispers the Rogue, producing a pair of Overkill Gloves from beneath his cloak. Detecting a spark of interest in the Dragonslayer's eyes, he goes on: "For a tenth of the gold they bring you during your next quest, what do you think?"

Benji's eyes light up as he sees the beautiful gloves. "Ten percent of all gold produced by these lovely gloves sound plenty fair." Benji accepts the gloves. "Nice to meet you, by the way, my name is Benji Carvenhall."

Baradock jogged into the Marketplace, surprised to see that Carvenhall arrived before him. He saw him talking with another individual so he didn't say anything.

He walked to a green skinned ladies cart, Baradock's face wrinkled at the sight of her.

He didn't acknowledge her but instead began counting up the gold on his fingers...

heroicanpc-elphaba.jpg

"Mind purchasing something before I die of old age dearie?"

She said emphasized that last part for sarcasm but Baradock took no notice, though he did slam a good 120 gold onto the counter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pumpkin Bomb x2 120G

--------

250G left

Edited by Cryos

Benji's eyes light up as he sees the beautiful gloves. "Ten percent of all gold produced by these lovely gloves sound plenty fair." Benji accepts the gloves. "Nice to meet you, by the way, my name is Benji Carvenhall."

I heard about your prowess in battle, Carvenhall. Good luck now, bring the gloves back to me with plenty of gold! I should go now, I'm on honeymoon after all!

With a laugh, Galen turns and disappears into the crowd.

Hoke enters the Marketplace to prepare for the quest:

Anwyl-

Amethyst imbued to Shield.

-50 gp

Fabian-

Scroll of confusion and Scroll of Sealing imbued to Shield.

-100 gp

Elphaba-

Scroll of confusion and scroll of sealing

-100 gp

528-100-50-100 = 278

Edited by UsernameMDM

Just as I'm about to make my arrest, I see Erik strolling the marketplace.

I whistle at the viking who was supposed to be lackey.

Erik comes cautiously a little closer.

"Erik, here boy! I hear there are Scrolls of Blindness for sale somewhere at the market. Would you be a dear (crap, I'm picking up on Warlock's speech patterns) and purchase one for me? There's a good boy."

I purchase a Scroll of Blindness.

Matthias .,..follows the mysterious scarecrow out of the hall.

As the group passes out of the hall, Matthias realizes he has no bedroll, no provisions, and no idea what he's gotten himself into. The gnome begs off and runs towards the marketplace with his meager handful of coins, promising to meet the others at the harbor very soon.

heroica-potion.jpgheroica-bedroll.jpg

Matthias buys a potion from Portia's Potion Shack and a bedroll from Gnomeo's Toolshed (where he's soundly rebuffed for playing the race card and trying to get a discount from his fellow gnome), completely depleting his gold. 10 - 5 - 5 = 0.

Alexander enters in the Market once again and goes to Anwyl to sell

-Giant Club (WP: 8) - 40 gold

-Standard-Issue Saber (WP: 5; longsword) - 25 gold

-Mopag Spear (WP: 6; spear) - 30 gold

380 + (40+25+30) = 475 gold

and upgrade his Fauxthrill Crossbow from WP: 9 to WP: 10

475-100=375

Edited by Wedge09

Arthur swoops into the Marketplace and buys a Pumpkin Bomb for 60 Gold.

Elphaba fits the mauve bonnet that got stolen and then returned back on her black cat, Beelzebub.

heroicanpc-elphaba.jpg

"There, now momma's baby looks all purrty again!"

heroicaquest87-beelzebub.jpg

"Purr! [Thanks, but I knew it was the kobold all along. We had an agreement that he would return the bonnet to me.]"

heroicanpc-elphaba.jpg

"What?! Why didn't you say anything?"

"Meaow... [Just didn't feel like it. I love to watch you two-leggeds scramble. It's quite amusing...]"

heroicanpc-elphaba.jpg

"Hmph, I should've known you would not have anyone just take the bonnet without causing them serious injuries. You're a really naughty cat, Beelzebub!"

"Mew... [Well, I try my best.]"

heroicanpc-elphaba.jpg

"Let's just go now. We are already running late. I don't want anymore tricks from you, whiskers, or I'll take that bonnet away!"

"Hissss! [i'd like to see you try!]"

~Elphaba's Magic Wagon has left the Marketplace!~

Amma hurries to Elphaba and buys a Pumpkin Bomb for 60 Gold and a Scroll of Sealing for 50 Gold.

"I see you in a few months when you come back."

Amma hurries to reach Elphaba but she comes too late.

"Damn, that's how they thank for what we have done."

Edited by PsyKater

Alexander enters the Market and buys a Hunter's Quiver from Fabian for 240 gold. Then he rushes to the Fields of Glory.

555-240=315

Fabian-

Scroll of confusion and Scroll of Sealing imbued to Shield.

-100 gp

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"I'm sorry, Mister Hunkster, but I cannot imbue scrolls into shields, only into artefacts. Shields belong to Anwyl's field of expertize, but I doubt he can do anything with the scrolls, either."

Erik enters the marketplace with 16 gold.

He sells one Grand Potion for 5 gold (10/2) and buys one pair of Shackles of War for 20 gold.

He leaves with 1 gold.

Throlar was tired, to run all the way to the marketplace, even from the embassy, was no small feat! Portia's Potion Shack was the nearest so he crawled over.

"Are you Miss Portia?" he said, and before she could reply his eye darted down the list and sighted an interesting item, a Phoenix Essence? He laid a hundred gold on the counter and took two Phoenix Essences.

"Thank you for your time." he said, and left.

512-100=412

Skrall wandered through the market place picking through the wares. He didn't know what exactly he was looking for, he just felt like he needed to find something. Stopping in at Fabian's the ogre carefully picked up a Heart Locket. The sun's rays reflecting off the trinket in a dazzling cascade of colors. Skrall put down 40 Gold for the jewelry before stowing the piece in his satchel.

Avalanche strides into the Marketplace. He begins by purchasing a nostrum and a smelling salts from Portia. Then, he visits Anwyl's and has Trollsbane upgraded to WP:6. Finally, he buys a pair of Counterstrike Gloves and some Heavy Armour from Fabian. Finally, he sells his silver ore for 60 gold, leaving him with 130 gold.

35 + 25 + 60 + 80 + 230 = 430

500 - 430 = 70

70 + 60 = 130

Alexander enters in the Market and goes to Anwyl where he sold his Silver Ore for 60 gold and upgrades Delfrin Crossbow from WP: 5 to WP: 6 and then to WP: 7.

315+60-60-70=245

then he goes to Gnomeo and buys a Telescope and a Magic Compass.

245-(40+50)=115